Xbone - Forza 5 mandatory DLC

Anything to do with console gaming goes in here!
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Xbone - Forza 5 mandatory DLC

Post by StarBound »

The good news is that the xbone will no longer need that 24 hour mandatory check in. Sadly all things that made a digital future seem like a bright possibility was canned although it was done in such a manner that could make one question what Microsoft felt for its hardcore fan base. Forza 5, still 4 months away from release, needs you to connect to play it ...at least once.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/16/ ... connection

I don't normally quote IGN but they happened to pay someone to hit the top google search so, enter our quote victim.

Anyways as it stands the game will ship on the disc, incomplete. To complete your game (ignoring paid dlc) you will need to connect to create and account and pull data from the net. Now I know what your thinking. This is bull****! And I agree. But fact remains while xbone drops its 24 hour check you need an internet connection meaning you already have the means to get online.

I will still stick to the verdict that it is bull**** mainly because you cannot get your game working from the box.

Roll out the welcoming mat, it's time we welcomed all those console buyers to our DRM ridden experience. ...Sony console buyers, we will see you next cycle.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.