Wii U launch line-up

Anything to do with console gaming goes in here!
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Wii U launch line-up

Post by StarBound »

So it finally happened. Yesterday the US got first crack at Nintendo's new console, the Wii U.

The first party offerings includes Super Mario Bros U, Nintendo Land and Zombie U. Not all is fine in paradise though. SMBU is the same tried and trusted formula. Its familiar.
Nintendo Land is the party game. Wii Sports did it right, was bundled and got people into wangling. NL does not get people all touchy feely and needs the older wii hardware to function properly. No online features with this one and when I said older wii hardware I meant motion plus amongst others. Not to mention your paying full retail.
Zombie U seems to be the must own launch game ...and its a mess. Left for dead is a far better game and while reviews are here and there think back to Shawn of the Dead. Yes you will have a cricket bat and you will need to bash each zombie a couple of times... each zombie... of the hundreds... a couple times.

Then we move on the re-ports or as I like to call them, the wii-ports. Games from the xbox, ps3 and pc.
Batman Arkham City, a great game but it has texture issues on the superior system and looks like the xbox version.
Darksiders 2, from an IGN review the game looks exactly the same with all the short comings of the other console versions.
Black Ops 2 and Mass Effect 3 has not yet made the rounds but if batman is anything to go by then we can expect the wii u version to have the same short comings. On par is not good enough.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.