Diablo 3 coming to consoles

Anything to do with console gaming goes in here!
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Diablo 3 coming to consoles

Post by Ron2K »

Yes, I know we already have a Diablo 3 thread, but since this is console specific, it gets its own thread in the Console Gaming section.
Slashdot wrote:After long speculation and a few affirmative hints, Blizzard has confirmed that Diablo 3 will have a console version. Responding to a fan who asked him to 'confirm or deny' a console version of D3, Blizzard community manager Bashiok said, 'Yup. Josh Mosqueira is lead designer for the Diablo console project.' Here's hoping Blizzard remains one of the few companies to fully develop both the console and PC version of their titles, rather than simply porting the Xbox version to PC. I think we've all had enough of bizarre scrolling, menus that can't be used with a mouse, and 'Controls' menus that don't even bother replacing the 360 controller image with an actual keyboard layout.
Source

Cue StarBound crying his heart out...
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: Diablo 3 coming to consoles

Post by StarBound »

That is old news. They posted that it will be a Diablo game and not Diablo 3. That one is 24hours old. The new one states:
http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1216193p1.html wrote:Update: Blizzard has clarified that it is still only exploring the possibility of Diablo III on consoles, and nothing has been confirmed.

In a statement to Game Informer, Blizzard said the following:

"Bashiok's response on Twitter was intended as a confirmation that we're actively exploring the possibility of developing a console version of Diablo III, as we've mentioned in the past. This is not a confirmation that Diablo III is coming to any console platform. Our focus right now is on finishing the PC/Mac version of Diablo III and making sure it's a worthwhile successor to the Diablo series."
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

^^ Thanks for the correction. ;)
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

I always knew it was coming to console what with all the dumbed down elements in the game and the bright lively colours...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Well I don't have a problem with Diablo coming to console. I just have a problem if they release Diablo 3 along side PC/Console because 99% will be that they watered down to fit on the hardware then just did a direct port.

Blizzard was known for quality. Activision is just the EA of the last 5 years.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Erm just look at the graphic images already shown to us. It has been watered down already, from the screenshots alone it will run on my old FX-62 with 4GB RAM at high detail along side a 8800GT. The bright colours are to distract you from relatively poor graphics...

/still biased about this game and still heart broken that Blizzard decided to WoW the game despite it being a new year... :cry:
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

As long as it provides a pleasant diversion from RealLife (tm), I don't mind whether it looks like something from The Cartoon Network.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot