Rayman Origins

Anything to do with console gaming goes in here!
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Rayman Origins

Post by StarBound »

I'm probably sounding like all the review sites but Rayman Origins is a brilliant platformer.

I've got the game on PS3 and I assume the Xbox 360 version is the same. The game looks beautifully crafted, the controls are rock solid, and it is challenging ...maybe a bit too challenging.

The levels are creative although if you played any platformer from the 90s you'll agree it is anything but original. You go thru a painted jungle to a musical instrament wonderland to a frozen beverage ice stage the implimentation of the scenes are just a sight to behold.

As I said the controls are rock solid. They aren't over complicated and each death that occurs is your own fault. They are responsive and interaction to objects in the world is so finely done that getting an item from between a spiky death trap is both a hair raising and extremely saticefying feeling once you get it done.

If your looking for something other than an average military shooter or want a break from the overwhelming world of skyrim you might want to consider this as your next destination.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.