Zelda Skyward Sword Hands-on Wii

Anything to do with console gaming goes in here!
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Zelda Skyward Sword Hands-on Wii

Post by StarBound »

The Wii was a great party console. It probably still is but if your one of those gamers that has an HDTV you know that visually the system doesn't deliver what the big dogs do and even more so should you own a pc from after 2008. However what keeps bringing me back to this system is the games that you won't find on other platforms.

The basics of a Zelda game. You play Link, Zelda is the princess you often end up rescuing or a childhood friend or anything in that line. Beyond that I'm not into the lore. I've played Zelda 3, Ocarina of time 3D and Twilight Princess and haven't finished a single one. Unlike previous games your not set in Hyrule and its open grasslands but this time around in Skyloft, a town above the clouds.

So how is the game?

Graphics are a painted style but the Wii is not helping the looks of the game.

The controls requires you to have a Motion plus or a Wii mote plus. The collector's edition comes with a golden wii mote plus so that is the one I am using (the motion plus add-on off balance the motes for me). The game detects movement accurately enough and I find it more responsive than how it was used in Twilight. Regardless I'd have preferred a gamepad to have gotten the job done. Swinging your arms around is a pain.

Sound wise the game still hasn't voice acting and as such lip movement is absent with only the most basic expressions to give the game life.

Thus far I spent 2 hours learning the basics and finishing off the first part of the game where I get my sword and begin my quest. Judging from some harsh online reviews of the game I might not make it past the 20 hour mark on this one. And there is another problem. ...Skyrim isn't finished yet.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.