Wii vs Xbox kinect

Anything to do with console gaming goes in here!
RiaX

Wii vs Xbox kinect

Post by RiaX »

Hello guys I've been extremely busy these days so i havent been posting anyways since im pressed for time i need a favour can you guys help me make a decision i want some form of motion sensing gameplay and since the nintendo Wii is now about the same price as the Xbox kinect which one should i go for?

thanks
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: Wii vs Xbox kinect

Post by StarBound »

The Wii is on its last leg and will be replaced next year by the WiiU. Hopefully it won't take too long for that to happen.

I have no personal experience with kinect but I know hardcore gamers hate it because of the space and lighting you need to have it work. The Wii on the other hand is proven to work (apart from motion plus that is also light sensitive) and has a decent sized library of games for both casual and hardcore but the trade off is it is SD.

Maybe hang on to your money a while longer to see what microsoft and nintendo does next year or go for the Wii if gaming is what your looking for.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Latino1982

Post by Latino1982 »

I would suggest you to pick up a cheap 2nd hand Wii with some of the 'must play' games (Mario, Metroid, Zelda, etc) trust me it is worth to play the exclusives. I have the kinect and other than the dancing game that I play with my wife ... that thing is just collecting dust. It is cool, but to me its not something that you 'MUST' have. I tried it with Forza4 and its sweet ... Im not spending any more money on Move and Kinect games as I am waiting for the Wii U to arrive.

So, forget about the kinect and get a cheap Wii rather ... when you start playing Zelda you will understand my post.

Happy gaming!!
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

Yeah I wanted Zelda the last Zelda game I played was on the GameCube and it was brilliant
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Don't go Kinect in it's current incarnation, it sucks if everything is not Just Right.
Considering the WiiU is on its way, get a 2nd hand Wii if the money is burning a hole in your pocket.

Best advice: Your timing is bad, Wait Wait Wait.
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Well there was enough reason to have still gotten a wii last year. The current vibe is "motion based gaming is dead".
My Steam Screenshots

RiaX

Post by RiaX »

Hmmm yeah I can wait not a problem. Have any of you played mass effect 3 on kinect ?

Also what's the wiiu estimated price here in SA ? And do u think the Wii will drop in price even more when it launches?
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

Why isn't the Playstation Move on this list? I've never really used these console motion devices except for the PS move which I found impressive but I can't compare it but I'm also interested in which would be best, price vs quality. I have kids that'll enjoy it and as a wireless option to run my media from my couch. The kinect for windows I don't see as an option because I don't see proper game support any time soon.
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

I don't own a ps3 that why psmove was not on the list and I'm not going o purchase a ps3 just to get motion play. The wii is the same price as the kinect that's why I started this thread
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Well to be honest if I had to choose between a Wii and xbox kinect I would still go Wii.

An extra console means extra game expansions. You can buy games like Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, non-motion games like Kirby's Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country Returns or New Super Mario Bros. and if you want more along the first person routes you can get the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Golden Eye (that one is avalible on xbox aswell with better textures and the same errors). Not to mention Zelda Skyward Sword.

But do you still want to go for a Wii nearly 6 months later?
My Steam Screenshots