3DTV on the cheap

Anything to do with console gaming goes in here!
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

3DTV on the cheap

Post by StarBound »

My sister picked up a news paper as we drove into her complex because she always loves to look at the specials (come now, we SA peeps love cheaper stuff :P ) and then she showed me something that almost made me roll the car.

My 3DTV (brag right :mrgreen: ) is now avalible for R9k... R9000 for a full hd 3D LED 40"! Wish I waited? Yes and no. See the uncharted 3 beta is over and I already made up my mind about it. But on the other hand it would have been cheaper just a bit down the line as it always goes in technology. But that was not the one that caught my interest.

The previous one is a samsung and active shutters costs alot. The next one is a LG 47" LED and unlike the samsung this one comes with 5 pairs of 3D glasses. The knock if you want to see it like that is it is passive 3d (see my other thread on passive vs active). But for the size and amount of people that can watch 3D off the bat is sure is attractive. Not to mention that full screen split screen trick for ps3.

So is now a good time to take a jab at 3D? Well if you were planning on spending R10k on a screen or tv then you might consider whats currently happening. It can only get better.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
SykomantiS

Re: 3DTV on the cheap

Post by SykomantiS »

Make and model? And where?
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Was either a game or makro advert. Samsung 40" and LG 47". Don't remember the model numbers but the samsung should be a D6000.
My Steam Screenshots

doo_much

Post by doo_much »

You started a thread especially for, err...., uhmmm..., I'm not sure what to call it?

So get your facts straight and get back to us. In the meantime flog yourself for marketing Game's stuff.

Although Makro is possibly just as bad.

Yes I'm pulling your leg. If you're getting excited, it's the wrong one.

On a serious note though. Do we actualy have enough 3D content in this country to motivate anyone to become an early adopter? Even at those prices?
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Nope its neither of those catalogs. The one I looked at had the LG on the left for 14k and the Samsung on the right for 9k.

The reality is if your thinking movies then it is blurays. If your thinking games it is PS3 and apparently xbox 360 can do that aswell.

Early adoption = bragging rights. It still isn't as good as I would like it to be and even games show that. And something to remember when looking at 2D -> 3D conversion is that there is no depth table. So you might find objects completely out of balance like for say the crosshair would be the most front object followed by a sign in the back then your gun and the actual play area.

As for the reason for putting this up either I am an evil advertiser (mhu ha ha) or it is just informing that those that are looking at HD TV might actually consider forking out another grand to get a 3D capable display. As far as I know a 40" LCD FHD is R5k, 40" LED FHD is R7,5k and then the 40" LED FHD 3D is R9k. I'm also saying to look at the LG option because of everything I mentioned in the 3DTV thread. It was not long ago when 40" LEDs were R25k. And almost a year later 3DTVs are a fraction of the cost.
My Steam Screenshots