No LAN Support Kills Fun

Want to whine about DRM (*cough* StarBound)? Here you go!
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Re: No LAN Support Kills Fun

Post by Siemens »

playing CoD4 is about all we can do since the lack of dedicated servers for the newer CoD games (online and offline). CoD4 was/is a massive hit at LANS which finally killed Counter Strike. The problem is now it's just sitting there getting no attention for improvements(yes i know iw broke up). So there it will be a long time before we get a cod4 killer especially due to the lack of dedicated servers in new games.

MW2 has been "cracked" for lan play but it still unstable since there are still no dedicated servers. (Yes I do own an original copy of the game).

And for the record I'm talking about large 200+ people LANs not at home 6 people lan.
I really do hope valve(at least) sticks with the lan play.
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
Supalama

Post by Supalama »

COD 4 was the birth of a great multiplayer game and therefore I still support it all the way. Got Medal Of Honor last week and I am pleasantly surprised at what an awsome game it is. I haven't had a chance to do the multi player thing yet, but looking forward to it. I saw no LAN option, so seems like it is also a freaking online play game only. If MOH actually releases a LAN play option mod or something, then this might boost their sales quite a bit. Everyone seems to be going this root now. This realy sucks. Lets hope BattleField 3 comes out with a LAN play option but that might take another year to release. Damn you LAN killers, damn you all to hell.
i3 550 3.2GHz
Asus P7H55-M LX
2 GB Kingston DDR3 Memory
Club 3D HD6850 Overclocked Edition (GPU CLock: 820MHz - Mem Clock: 4400MHz)
500GB Seagate HDD
Huntkey Green Power 550W PSU
CoolerMaster Elite 370
Samsung B2230 21.5" Monitor
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

CoD4 was finally a replacement for CS. I played UT over Q3 and played UT2k3 and UT3 over other online FPS games. But CS was just so easy to use over UT and the likes so ended up lanning Starcraft and CS everytime I lanned. C&C games were never stable enough. Someone always timed out. The new C&C games were even worse.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Supalama

Post by Supalama »

You telling me StarBound. I suck at C&C games and "just as was about to beat the other player" it will start messing around. Great excuse for sucking in a game though. My friend used to compete in big UT tournaments. Casper and Terror. Casper placed 3rd once with Ember and Livid in first and second. I loved UT and still do, it’s just not fun when you get freaken spawn raped all the time but masters of the maps. Not even talking about the one on one games Score: 167 / 0 or maybe a 1 mercy kill for me in 15 min and competition maps. I just had an epiphany, I suck at most games, but I enjoy playing them. People get so serious about these things. So what, I'm a n00b in MOH, so shoot me, no, no really, I mean shoot me, easy kill. Just know this, when you all of a sudden blow up and don't know how it happened, I'll be sitting in my room going mmmwahahahahaha.
i3 550 3.2GHz
Asus P7H55-M LX
2 GB Kingston DDR3 Memory
Club 3D HD6850 Overclocked Edition (GPU CLock: 820MHz - Mem Clock: 4400MHz)
500GB Seagate HDD
Huntkey Green Power 550W PSU
CoolerMaster Elite 370
Samsung B2230 21.5" Monitor
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

StarBound wrote:CoD4 was finally a replacement for CS. I played UT over Q3 and played UT2k3 and UT3 over other online FPS games. But CS was just so easy to use over UT and the likes so ended up lanning Starcraft and CS everytime I lanned. C&C games were never stable enough. Someone always timed out. The new C&C games were even worse.
Yea cod4 was also a replacement for CS for me. I cant understand why the new cod games dont have lan, Call Of Duty and LAN go together like fish and chips. So why does black ops and MW2 not have lan(*cough I do have a patch that allows you to lan MW2 cough*). they are not the only ones either, bad company 2 also has no lan :cry: