Dragon Age Origins will only have a cd check

Want to whine about DRM (*cough* StarBound)? Here you go!
Interfan

Dragon Age Origins will only have a cd check

Post by Interfan »

Thank you BioWare for listening to the fans. Evil Chris must a re leaved man, he had to close countless threads about drm in the last year.
Posted 05/04/09 16:59 (GMT) by Chris Priestly

Hi Everyone,

I have some good news to pass on to you today that answers one of the most frequently asked Dragon Age: Origins PC questions.

We’re happy to announce that the boxed/retail PC version of Dragon Age: Origins will use only a basic disk check and it will not require online authentication. In other words, the retail PC version of the game won’t require you to go online to authenticate the game for offline play. We have chosen not to use SecuROM in any version of Dragon Age that is distributed by EA or BioWare.

Some other cool stuff that we hope you’ll like - we have already launched the Dragon Age toolset beta, which offers developer-grade tools, and we’re looking forward to what fans will create with it. We’ll also be supporting the game with a ton of great downloadable content that will be available for purchase after the game’s release. Together these features will provide some very cool reasons to go online with Dragon Age: Origins.

We’re really excited as we head towards the release of Dragon Age: Origins this fall on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, so keep an eye out for more news as we’ll be providing you with more details shortly.

Stay tuned for more coolness to come… :)

:evil:
http://daforums.bioware.com/postreply.h ... 5&mquote=1
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
i5 2500k with thermalright cooler,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
M1ke

Re: Dragon Age Origins will only have a cd check

Post by M1ke »

Yay!

Apart from the online activation (which was truly stupid) having to put your DVD in the drive to play is probably THE most annoying thing to do. So whilst not perfect, it's better than online activation (and SecuROM).
"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings."
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

M1ke wrote:Yay!

Apart from the online activation (which was truly stupid) having to put your DVD in the drive to play is probably THE most annoying thing to do. So whilst not perfect, it's better than online activation (and SecuROM).
Its easier to bypass having to put the dvd in the drive then the limited activations. Disc imaging and no cd exe's are much less of a hassle then having to make sure you remember to deauthorise all your games before reformatting your hard drive.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Awesome Sauce! It's back on my to get list then :mrgreen:
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
M1ke

Post by M1ke »

Interfan wrote:

Its easier to bypass having to put the dvd in the drive then the limited activations. Disc imaging and no cd exe's are much less of a hassle then having to make sure you remember to deauthorise all your games before reformatting your hard drive.
True.
"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings."
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

M1ke wrote:
Interfan wrote:

True.
And according to your EULA it is illegal to do any of the two. The EULA on any game states that you may not attempt or circumvent any ani-piracy software built into the game.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

RuadRauFlessa wrote: And according to your EULA it is illegal to do any of the two. The EULA on any game states that you may not attempt or circumvent any ani-piracy software built into the game.
Laws in most countries states you are allowed to make one backup copy of your games/music,ect. Hence making a disc image is making a backup copy which is totally legal.

The EULA never overrides the laws of a country which is why many of them fail in courts. Hence disc imaging is very legal, no cd exe's not but no one is going to sue you for using one for personal usage.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Interfan wrote:but no one is going to sue you for using one for personal usage.
True
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
NealeDeadlyAlien
Registered Bush Snake Facehugger

Post by NealeDeadlyAlien »