Those crazy Swedes...

Discussion of piracy-related topics go in here. Please read the rules of this section first.
Forum rules
Please read the piracy section rules before posting in here. By posting in this section, you acknowledge to have read and understood them, and agree to abide by them at all times.

Of course, the global forum rules apply here too.
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Those crazy Swedes...

Post by StarPhoenix »

I hope that my posting this is not seen as promotion of piracy. :shock:
The Church of Kopimism is recognized by the state of Sweden

Just before Christmas, the Swedish governmental agency Kammarkollegiet registered the Church of Kopimism as a religious organisation. This means that Sweden is the first country to recognize kopimism as a religion.

The Church of Kopimism have tried to become registered as a religious organisation by Kammarkollegiet for more than a year.

- Since Kammarkollegiet has been strict with formalities, we had to apply three times, a happy Gustav Nipe – board chairman for the organisation – says. He continues, I think it might have something to do with the governmental organisations abiding by a very copyright friendly attitude, with a twisted view on copying.

For the Church of Kopimism, information is holy and copying is a sacrament. Information holds a value, in itself and in what it contains, and the value multiplies through copying. Therefore, copying is central for the organisation and its members.

Being recognized by the state of Sweden is a large step for all of kopimi. Hopefully, this is one step towards the day when we can live out our faith without fear of persecution, says Isak Gerson, spiritual leader of the Church of Kopimism.

The Church of Kopimism is a religious organisation with roots from 2010. The organisation formalizes a community that’s been well spread for a long time already. The community of kopimi requires no formal membership. You just have to feel a calling to worship what is the holiest of the holiest, information and copy. To do this, we organize kopyactings – religious services – where the kopimists share information with eachother through copying and remix.

Source: http://kopimistsamfundet.se/blog/2012/0 ... ka-staten/]
Wiki

Rusty, would you consider a bottle of Jameson a sacred object worthy of worship? :twisted:
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
rustypup

Re: Those crazy Swedes...

Post by rustypup »

Spoiler (show)
i'm not worthy... but that wouldn't stop me...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Wonder what MS's stance is on religious freedom...
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

I wonder how SOPA would impact on this if it is enacted?
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

doo_much wrote:Wonder what MS's stance is on religious freedom...
:lol:
Here's a secret for you:
Microsoft doesn't really care that most home users pirate Windows... They make all the money they need from businesses who have to license every piece of software... That's why you never see their name on any of these crap lawsuits against single mothers and broke students... I'm sure they would like to reap the benefits of stricter anti-piracy laws tho...

To answer your question, MS would probably be fine with the separation of church and state :P
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

jamin_za wrote:
doo_much wrote:Wonder what MS's stance is on religious freedom...
:lol:
Here's a secret for you:
Microsoft doesn't really care that most home users pirate Windows... They make all the money they need from businesses who have to license every piece of software... That's why you never see their name on any of these crap lawsuits against single mothers and broke students... I'm sure they would like to reap the benefits of stricter anti-piracy laws tho...

To answer your question, MS would probably be fine with the separation of church and state :P
I think you're just trying to make Lemmetjie like you by saying things like that...
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey