Crysis 2 most pirated game of 2011

Discussion of piracy-related topics go in here. Please read the rules of this section first.
Forum rules
Please read the piracy section rules before posting in here. By posting in this section, you acknowledge to have read and understood them, and agree to abide by them at all times.

Of course, the global forum rules apply here too.
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Crysis 2 most pirated game of 2011

Post by Ron2K »

HotHardware wrote:When an advance copy of Crysis 2 leaked to the Internet a full month before the game's scheduled release, Crytek and Electronic Arts (EA) were understandably miffed and, as it turns out, justified in their fears of mass piracy. As 2011 comes to a close, Crysis 2 holds rank as the most pirated game of the year on any platform, according to data released by TorrentFreak.
Article source

The source data from TorrentFreak is here, with the top 5 for each platform being:

PC: Crysis 2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, FIFA 12, Portal 2
Wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2, Mario Sports Mix, Xenoblade Chronicles, Lego Pirates of the Carribean, FIFA 12
XBox 360: Gears of War 3, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, Forza Motorsport 4, Kinect Sports: Season Two
PS3: not specified, as this platform has considerably less downloads
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
RuadRauFlessa

Re: Crysis 2 most pirated game of 2011

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

I just realised why.... None of those games for PC is actually worth buying. I played Crysis 2 for about 2 hours and got fed up with it. MW3's story line is done with in under 4 hours... I still can't believe I actually payed for it. And on the last 3 I won't even care to comment.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Bladerunner
Processor: i386DX Sooper
Motherboard: A blue one
Graphics card: A red one
Memory: Hard drive

Post by Bladerunner »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:I played Crysis 2 for about 2 hours and got fed up with it.
It really was a piece of ...

Admittedly I didn't play Crysis 1, but Crysis 2 was so generic and shallow that I also couldn't stand it for more than about 2 hours. I still can't believe I actually wasted bandwidth on it. :P
If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant! - The Joker
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

^^ I suspect that the folks who grabbed Crysis 2 used it more as a system benchmark than anything else -- compare the PC and XBox downloads.
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Couldn't believe that the game ran so much better on PCs so they had to pirate it to bench it?

To the people that pirated MW3 ...lol, enjoy it if you can. As for me I am jealous. I spent money on MW3 only to be disappointed. The game now haunts my Steam games list and Valve wants $120 to have it removed.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

StarBound wrote:Couldn't believe that the game ran so much better on PCs so they had to pirate it to bench it?

To the people that pirated MW3 ...lol, enjoy it if you can. As for me I am jealous. I spent money on MW3 only to be disappointed. The game now haunts my Steam games list and Valve wants $120 to have it removed.
I also want to make money like that.... Charge people for a game that is disappointing and then charge them some more because they don't actually want the game... :lol:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932