Ubisoft pirating its own soundtrack? Say it isnt so!

Discussion of piracy-related topics go in here. Please read the rules of this section first.
Forum rules
Please read the piracy section rules before posting in here. By posting in this section, you acknowledge to have read and understood them, and agree to abide by them at all times.

Of course, the global forum rules apply here too.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Ubisoft pirating its own soundtrack? Say it isnt so!

Post by Anakha56 »

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011 ... mments-bar
Did Ubisoft pirate its own soundtrack for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood PC?
By Andrew Webster | Last updated about an hour ago

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is finally coming to the PC later this month, after hitting consoles last November. To make amends, the publisher is releasing a digital deluxe version of the game, complete with a wide range of extras, including a copy of the game's soundtrack. The problem? It looks like that soundtrack may actually be a torrented version.

As one Reddit user discovered after preordering the game, all but one of the soundtrack's 23 songs lists the phrase "encoded by Arsa13" in its ID3 tag. A quick search reveals several uploaded versions of the AC:B soundtrack that came packed with the collector's edition of the game on various torrents, attributed to one Arsa13.

:lol: You gotta love how Ubisoft supports the community... :lol:
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: Ubisoft pirating its own soundtrack? Say it isnt so!

Post by StarBound »

Sigh, bunch of pirates :P

Didnt I say I will stop supporting piracy by not buying pirated goods? Think ubisoft needs to start explaining. But Max Payne on steam also uses a cracked exe. The shame in it is why would a developer release someone elses work when they are capable of doing it themselves? It doesnt make sence to me.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.