Limewire shut down?

Discussion of piracy-related topics go in here. Please read the rules of this section first.
Forum rules
Please read the piracy section rules before posting in here. By posting in this section, you acknowledge to have read and understood them, and agree to abide by them at all times.

Of course, the global forum rules apply here too.
madmind
Location: Take the red pill, and i'll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes...

Limewire shut down?

Post by madmind »

So i started up limewire to get myself some instruments, guess what! they're under a court injunction to stop distributing their clients, cease any support. from what i gathered they've been nailed for piracy and illegal music / copyrighted content..

*Facepalm!

Gigabyte G31 S3 (Intel 945)|Intel C2D E8600 3.3Ghz| 3Gb DDR2800 |Nvidia Geforce 9500GT 1Gb | 2.5TB Storage | RaidMax Quantum | GPowerII CPU Cooler | Thermaltake PurePower 600W PSU |
LGW2343 23" HD 1080p | Logitech EX100 Cordless Desktop | Logitech Momo Wheel | Divoom Revo5 2.1 | WinfastTV200XP MCE |
Windows 7 Ultimate | Adobe CS4

click here for my photography blog
Bladerunner
Processor: i386DX Sooper
Motherboard: A blue one
Graphics card: A red one
Memory: Hard drive

Re: Limewire shut down?

Post by Bladerunner »

Unfortunately, yes. See torrentfreak.com for details.
If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant! - The Joker
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

Yes and the riaa.org is also down, thats so sad.....
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Betting lines are now open to estimate how long before this thread devolves to a lockable state.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Stuart wrote:Betting lines are now open to estimate how long before this thread devolves to a lockable state.
Bets on how long before NAB reposts this are also open.

The consesus on Bit-tech.net was goodbye and good riddance to the Virus-Infected-POS!

:lol:

edit: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=196888

:lol:
Last edited by Prime on 30 Oct 2010, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Prime wrote:[The consesus on Bit-tech.net was goodbye and good riddance to the Virus-Infected-POS!
Agreed.

Why anyone would use limewire is beyond me.
I mean, it's written in Java FFS!
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

jamin_za wrote:
Prime wrote:[The consesus on Bit-tech.net was goodbye and good riddance to the Virus-Infected-POS!
Agreed.

Why anyone would use limewire is beyond me.
+1

The only reason I can think of is to download Afrikaans music, so I'll sport a little evil grin directed at all those people. :twisted:
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
madmind

Post by madmind »

well folks, it seems as though everyone has their own opinion of limewire... as much as I'd HAVE to agree that it was a virus-infected POC, i did find much needed media files there... as a lover of good house/trance music and as somewhat of a disc jockey i found all the good underground stuff there... and that stuff's hard to find!

oh well.. now the wait to witness the succession of the infamous "Limewire"

Gigabyte G31 S3 (Intel 945)|Intel C2D E8600 3.3Ghz| 3Gb DDR2800 |Nvidia Geforce 9500GT 1Gb | 2.5TB Storage | RaidMax Quantum | GPowerII CPU Cooler | Thermaltake PurePower 600W PSU |
LGW2343 23" HD 1080p | Logitech EX100 Cordless Desktop | Logitech Momo Wheel | Divoom Revo5 2.1 | WinfastTV200XP MCE |

Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

madmind wrote:well folks, it seems as though everyone has their own opinion of limewire... as much as I'd HAVE to agree that it was a virus-infected POC, i did find much needed media files there... as a lover of good house/trance music and as somewhat of a disc jockey i found all the good underground stuff there... and that stuff's hard to find!

Ron's choice for procuring trance music. ;)
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
madmind

Post by madmind »

Ron2K wrote:
madmind wrote:well folks, it seems as though everyone has their own opinion of limewire... as much as I'd HAVE to agree that it was a virus-infected POC, i did find much needed media files there... as a lover of good house/trance music and as somewhat of a disc jockey i found all the good underground stuff there... and that stuff's hard to find!

Ron's choice for procuring trance music. ;)
Ron, Image
I actually used this site a while back, but the music was not up to scratch back then and it wasn't updated very often.... turns out my account is still active too :)

You have rescued me from a future of silence (cos i'd rather sulk in pitiful silence than listen to pop)

rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel