Pirate Bay founder at SA iWeek

Discussion of piracy-related topics go in here. Please read the rules of this section first.
Forum rules
Please read the piracy section rules before posting in here. By posting in this section, you acknowledge to have read and understood them, and agree to abide by them at all times.

Of course, the global forum rules apply here too.
Jonboy

Pirate Bay founder at SA iWeek

Post by Jonboy »

News24 wrote:Peter Sunde, one of the founders of the Pirate Bay BitTorrent tracker site, has been confirmed as a keynote speaker for iWeek 2009. Sunde’s keynote speech is sure to be an enlightening insight into modern copyright and digital culture.

iWeek, organised by the Internet Service Providers' Association of South Africa (Ispa) and UniForum SA (the co.za administrators), is the premier internet conference and exhibition in South Africa.

It is to be held this year from 2 - 4 September at The Forum at the Dimension Data Campus in Bryanston, Johannesburg.

The Pirate Bay bills itself as "the world's largest BitTorrent tracker” and is ranked as the 104th most popular website by Alexa Internet.

The Pirate Bay case was a watershed moment in the ongoing battle between big media companies trying to protect their copyrighted materials and people who download copyrighted songs, films and games through unauthorised channels
Sauce
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
Bladerunner
Processor: i386DX Sooper
Motherboard: A blue one
Graphics card: A red one
Memory: Hard drive

Re: Pirate Bay founder at SA iWeek

Post by Bladerunner »

He didn't go to jail or pay a fine then? Good! To hell with the capitalists.
If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant! - The Joker