Which 3G Package??

Anything to do with online stuff goes here.
eM_Fred

Which 3G Package??

Post by eM_Fred »

HI All
I’m at a crossroads regarding 3g data bundles/contracts.
I know conventionally getting an ADSL Landline would be 1st option; however I prefer having the option of mobility to my disposal, also the line rentals incl. service provider equals to R550+ (too rich at the moment for me) :oops:
The access would mainly be used for normal browsing, as well as relatively frequent large file downloads (media, games, etc)
I’m looking to get a 21mb/s 3g modem, along with the max amount of data currently being offered per month. Initially I was going to go for the “8ta 10gig promo”, until I spotted “MTN offering uncapped lite”. Both these offers cost under R300 per month. However the MTN package throttles users after 3gb of usage already. The guy in the store wasn’t able to confirm to what extent (speed) one would be throttled.
I have a budget of +- R250-R350 per month. What would my best option be here, and please if you are aware of other data packages out there, enlighten me? :)
Fred
doo_much

Re: Which 3G Package??

Post by doo_much »

Mind providing a link to that MTN offer?

*edit
nvm - found it
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
eM_Fred

Post by eM_Fred »

So does your interest indicate that this offer should be my 1st choice?
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Dunno.

But it isn't for me. It's a contract package.
I'm looking for a pre-paid deal.
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey