My new rig (again).

Want advice on building your rig or just want to show off?
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Re: My new rig (again).

Post by Anakha56 »

Might have been a poor choice going for those OCZ drives...

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdail ... cy-filing/
OCZ Plunges 77%: Toshiba Offers to Buy Assets, Plans Bankruptcy Filing

By Tiernan Ray

Shares of solid-state drive technology vendor OCZ Technology Group (OCZ) remain frozen since 9 am, Eastern this morning, and the reason came across the transom just a short while ago: The company has received an offer from Toshiba (6502JP) to purchase all the company’s assets in a bankruptcy proceeding.

OCZ said it believes all the “material terms have been agreed to,” though there are a number of conditions that have to be satisfied, such as retention of employees. OCZ would file for bankruptcy right after agreeing to a deal, but it would also file even if it doesn’t reach agreement with Toshiba, it said.

As part of the discussions, creditor Hercules Technology Growth Capital has taken control of OCZ’s assets on deposit at Silicon Valley Bank and Wells Fargo, OCZ said.

OCZ shares are set to resume trading at 2:30 pm, Eastern time. The stock was at 63 cents before the halt. Shares are down 67% so far this year.

OCZ’s business has been crumbling for over a year now, in part because of a lack of adequate supply of flash memory chips with which to produce its products. The company a year ago cut nearly a third of its workforce, and proceeded through several quarters of weaker-than-expected results and revenue restatements. Revenue this fiscal year ending in February is expected to fall by 55% to $149 million, where once analysts had predicted over a billion dollars.

The stock traded as high as $10.94 at one time, and last year was talked of as likely to be bought out by hard-drive maker Seagate Technology (STX).

Update: Shares have resumed trading and are down 15 cents, or 24%, at 48 cents.

Update 2: Shares have continued their rapid descent and are now down 48 cents, or almost 77%, at 15 cents.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Sorry... when I bought my SSDs in the beginning of 2013, my Jedi powers were on the fritz, so I couldn't check whether or not OCZ would go bankrupt by the end of the year. :lol:
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Crap, there goes my plans for a revodrive. Wonder if I can get it at a 77% discount now that the company is going belly up.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
GDI_Lord
Forum Administrator

Post by GDI_Lord »

StarBound wrote:Wonder if I can get it at a 77% discount now that the company is going belly up.
It almost never hurts to ask.
Important Thread: Yours in Christ's service,
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

OCZ Filing for Bankruptcy
OCZ is filing for Bankruptcy, however this is a technical bankruptcy, meaning Business continues as usual with the difference that OCZ will become part of Toshiba. The past year OCZ has had a very hard time securing NAND flash modules making their volume shipments of SSDs low. With Toshiba backing them, that at least will be one of the problems that is going to be solved. I also just learned from OCZ that Warranty procedures will continue as normal. This is a technical bankruptcy.
GDI_Lord
Forum Administrator

Post by GDI_Lord »

So ask, quick!
Important Thread: Yours in Christ's service,