Crysis 2 leaves Steam, appears on Origin UPDATED

Any news articles that the G3AR team posts will go in here.
Drakonis
G3AR Online Content Editor

Crysis 2 leaves Steam, appears on Origin UPDATED

Post by Drakonis »

Going back to its roots
EA and Crytek’s Crysis 2 is no longer appearing for sale on Steam and has instead showed up on EA’s new Origin platform. This has caused speculation that other newly-released EA titles might soon follow suit
UPDATE: EA has stated that Valve was behind removing Crysis 2 from the Steam store. In a statement made to Gamesindustry.biz EA said, "It's unfortunate that Steam has removed Crysis 2 from their service. This was not an EA decision or the result of any action by EA. Steam has imposed a set of business terms for developers hoping to sell content on that service - many of which are not imposed by other online game services. Unfortunately, Crytek has an agreement with another download service which violates the new rules from Steam and resulted in its expulsion of Crysis 2 from Steam."

It was originally thought that Crysis 2's removal from the Steam store signified that EA would be moving more EA titles to an Origin-only setup but for now it appears that this is not the case. Kotaku is currently seeking clarification on the situation from Steam.
"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
My opinion, not the mag's
rustypup

Re: Crysis 2 leaves Steam, appears on Origin

Post by rustypup »

meh... EA can take their entire basket of blegh on an extended leave of absence and the average quality of gaming will increase by a measurable percentage....

EA haven't produced anything of value since beasts & bumpkins.... :|
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: Crysis 2 leaves Steam, appears on Origin

Post by StarBound »

And still we are waiting for the DX11 patch that was promised before the game shipped. Too late now I suppose. I've stopped playing the multiplayer because of the bad server support.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.