AMD Bulldozer and Llano prices revealed

Any news articles that the G3AR team posts will go in here.
Drakonis
G3AR Online Content Editor

AMD Bulldozer and Llano prices revealed

Post by Drakonis »

Pricing
Towards the third week of June AMD is expected to launch its new Bulldozer processors which will be released under the FX-Series branding in quad-core, hexa-core and octo-core flavours. At the same time AMD will also release its A-Series APUs (codenamed Llano)
"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
My opinion, not the mag's
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Re: AMD Bulldozer and Llano prices revealed

Post by KALSTER »

Before a proper comparative benchmark is unveiled, it is difficult to gauge these prices. With the new architecture, terms like "six core" or "eight core" mean different things than usual. I can't wait for those benchmarks!

I have a feeling that a Bulldozer quad will not perform quite as well as an i-series CPU with four physical cores, Sandy bridge or no. If prices are worked out so that, say, an eight core Bulldozer CPU competes with a Quad Sandy Bridge with Hyperthreading, then I am guessing AMD will have clear advantage, which would be fantastic for the underdogs. Go AMD!
Last edited by KALSTER on 24 May 2011, 11:42, edited 1 time in total.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
IcePick88

Re: AMD Bulldozer and Llano prices revealed

Post by IcePick88 »

hmmm, perhaps I should hold onto my $$ and spend it on a upgrade on Bulldozer.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 (OC'ed to 3.8Ghz)
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 P/P
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5850
Motherboard: Asus M4A785T-M
Memory: 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333
Case: Zalman Z7
Display: Samsung Syncmaster 2243BWX