Podcasting gets patented

Any news articles that the G3AR team posts will go in here.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Podcasting gets patented

Post by KillerByte »

What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
Sojourn

Re: Podcasting gets patented

Post by Sojourn »

Bit of a misnomer there KB... it's not so much that we don't LISTEN to it... it's more a case of that service being wasted on the ave SA mobile device user due to insane data costs and lack of quality wireless coverage.

I'd rather be at home and get content via ADSL (yes, podcasted stuff) on a static PC, than enabling the same service on my HSDPA phone, where the same content costs me more at a significant longer download time, because my phone connected at 3G speeds because I left the area of HSDPA coverage.
Nab
G3AR Magazine Editor

Post by Nab »

Killerbyte is all anti 2.0 because he still works in print...dinosaur. Wait what? :eyebrow:
What you see written above is my opinion and not that of the peeps that put food on my plate.
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Sojourn wrote:Bit of a misnomer there KB... it's not so much that we don't LISTEN to it... it's more a case of that service being wasted on the ave SA mobile device user due to insane data costs and lack of quality wireless coverage.

I'd rather be at home and get content via ADSL (yes, podcasted stuff) on a static PC, than enabling the same service on my HSDPA phone, where the same content costs me more at a significant longer download time, because my phone connected at 3G speeds because I left the area of HSDPA coverage.
Dude, I'm staying in Belgium. The cellphone network I'm using doesn't even have 3G, much less HSDPA :roll: And then normal gprs costs (without a special bundle) costs you 1€/500KB.

Oh, how I miss Vodacom...