LAN characters - It's Magtastic!

If you want to tell the forum about a LAN or comment on one you've been to, here's the place to do so!
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Anakha56 wrote:yeah then maybe no 4 the speaker bloke will get the message and stuff off :evil: he irritates more than all of the others.
True... this one time at bandcamp... no thats a different story.
We always have an extra set of headgear available for all the Nelly's out there.

s
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

and what about

Kevin "The Noob Brother"

i have this brother. there has to be more out there
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

KillerByte wrote:and what about

Kevin "The Noob Brother"

i have this brother. there has to be more out there
Added "the newbie"

S
Prime

Post by Prime »

i know Lisa "the Gamer chick" but she doesnt boast like that. still its nice to have girls at a Lan as it keeps the guys in order.

What about luke "the narrow minded biggot so to speak". He's the guy who can't stand the idea of Girls At a Lan or is to Embarrassed that they mite just be better than him. He has an ego the size of the Sun and Usually Refuses to even Attend at the mention of Girls Coming. he will go as far as to say that "any girl who plays computer Games has something wrong with her".

btw you mite want to edit out Luke and change the name as thats the name of my narrow minded friend.
ElDiablo

Post by ElDiablo »

lol,

How many LANs have you met:

14. “Desperately Horny” Harry

saying "Yippe-kai-ay, mother*****!"
He also says : "Die son of a ***** !"
and "you'll regret that ******* !"

Too many times........Almost on every LAN
Prime

Post by Prime »

yup and ive met the annoyying nelly "the DJ" / quintop "the anime guy" / larry "the leech" all rolled into one. what an awful combination
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

neon_chameleon wrote: Tim "the Uber gamer". This is the only guy who brings his own chair to the lan, and not just any chair, but a full lounge sofa chair with back support. He brings all kinds of periphals like a force feedback steering and flight sim joystick. Has a 200Gb hdd of just installed games like NFSU2, MS Flight Sim, Nascar 2005, etc. of which nobody else plays. Would bring crash helmet and driving gloves if his mini-fridge didn't take up so much space in the car. Recognise him with his 8 litres of Coke and Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons appearance - brown hair worn in a pony-tail, prescription pants and a double chin.

Quinton "The Anime Guy". Has 400Gb's of anime leeched from lan's. Can recite every line from Naruto and is forever burning dvd's of them. He watchs them at lans while other people are playing multiplayer Battlefield 2 or Call Of Duty. Is forever installing and re-installing codec's as well.
Tim... I told you about that guy. :lol: You forgot to add that he likes to shout randomly when he's owning other people at "Motobyke 1997" or whatever. Also, he doesn't move from his couch. *this is all true guys*

And Quinton... he sounds cool. I must go have a chat with him, cause he sounds like me, except that I do play BF2 and I don't bother with codecs. If it doesn't wanna run on my codecs, then it doesn't deserve to be watched.

EDIT: Numgber 2 sounds so much like Neon... "My settings are perfect" "DM6 spawn times memorised perfectly" "I only play on my 1337 computer, cause everything else is n00b like" "I don't like that map cause I don't know the exact anlges to throw that grendae to kill at the beginning" "That map requires too much integration"

Anyways, hows about "The classical CS 1.6 gamer"
The guy with the nasal vioce who likes to speak to his monitor when logging on to steam saying "Wow, today I'm gonna POON some noobs. Lol! I'm gonna take my deagle and get the most headshots"

And when things don't go his way...
"OMG WTF!!!! You bloody noob! I'm gonna tell the admin, and you are gonna get banned for using haxorz."

And when in a clan match and coming last...
"I've got so much lag! I need to reformat my hard drive. My mouse is broken. My sensitivity got messed. You cheated."

And when winning...
"I am so leet! Lol! Bow down to my golumn-like figure and my four-eyes prowess. Now the leetest clans will beg me to join them."

HINT: To find this creature in it's natural habitat, you must visit lans that have cs 1.6 tournaments, and you will usually find them walking around and laughing at others. Also, if you want to see them online. Just join any team and kill the entire team at the beginning. The guy who types "OMG WTF. I'm gonna get you banned you noob" is probably "the cs 1.6 classic".
Beware though. Sometimes everybody there is like that. Now you don't want 32 nasal-voiced golumns to get their blood pressures too high.

EDIT2: The guys who come to lans with their speakers should be bludgeoned to death!!! I just hate those guys, as they think they are so cool, meanwhile everybody is looking at them with twisted eyes. Are they so stupid that they don't notice the glares????
ElDiablo

Post by ElDiablo »

Usually we do not allow players to use speakers at our LANs, it's headphones or No Sound. Period.
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

ElDiablo wrote:Usually we do not allow players to use speakers at our LANs, it's headphones or No Sound. Period.
absolutely!

but when we're having a small lan then it's acceptable. but anything more than 4 people is strictly earphones.
Prime

Post by Prime »

speakers are a pain. when we used to play halflife we would run around throwing grenades and listening for the explosion on each others speakers. then we would hunt out the player and shoot them.

speakers are banned. i have lots of spare headfones
Bobendren

Post by Bobendren »

"18. Brad "The Cool Gamer Guy" "

lol, that's my pick of the bunch. Although i haven't encounted this sort of gamer, it really made me laugh. :D
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Is this isn't in the mag with credit going to Sojourn I think it would be a terrible loss.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
Prime

Post by Prime »

i do to. i wonder if he's updated the list
Snowflke
Location: I have trouble remembering my name let alone my location!

Post by Snowflke »

It would also be nice if they included all the people who helped out. :D
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

neon_chameleon wrote:Is this isn't in the mag with credit going to Sojourn I think it would be a terrible loss.
Hey what about ole wizard here I helped with 3 or 4 of them??? 8O :lol: :lol:
It would be very nice to see this in the mag!! 8)
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Yeah well I didn't say all credit ;)
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
Mozz

Post by Mozz »

Hey guys.........this might be a bit left wing but hey.....

If most the stereo types are listed, that means ur bound to be one of those peeps......I DON'T think there is a PERFECT lanner, so yeah, just thought i'd add that......

BTW, i think i'm a mix of that swearing guy and the guy that helps everone with network settings........ :roll:
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

I will definitely h4x0r ur PC.
All your warez are belong to jamin_za!
eraser

Post by eraser »

2. Stevey "the frowning-head shaker".
He's the one that insists pettily on his game or map or game config setting, only because he practiced that map to death, knows every nook and cranny, but only if crates are enabled, with the quick start setting ticked with 6 players and he have the starting position in the top right hand corner of said map. Recognize him as the one insisting on hosting the game on his pc, even though he only runs a Celeron.

Apparently Kher-za says that this applies 2 me...
(Except for the celeron bit) :wink:
Ihsahn

Post by Ihsahn »

da_ripper wrote:i had such a huge fite with a fried in over CS cos he was in my team and i shot him. it was also a fright thing. what idiot comes running round a corner with a gun. :wink:

hmmm maybe i'll make myself a firewall with my P1. was going to use it as a file server.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who knows more about electricity than the Amish?
Prime

Post by Prime »

or in the case of hallife who goes runing around with a crow bar and doesnt expect to get shot.
Law

Post by Law »

N31 that plays hl

the old 41 are stupid

MAY THE CHEESE BE WITH YOU!
{PK} Law
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Mozz wrote:Hey guys.........this might be a bit left wing but hey.....

If most the stereo types are listed, that means ur bound to be one of those peeps......I DON'T think there is a PERFECT lanner, so yeah, just thought i'd add that......

BTW, i think i'm a mix of that swearing guy and the guy that helps everone with network settings........ :roll:
I have been at least 8 of those, maybe not at once, but I visited them at least once.

S
brabham

Post by brabham »

You know what gets to me is why the heck they make it so difficult to distinguish between two sets of players in CSS. I mean if say the one set were all red and the other set were say all blue wouldn't that be so much easier? Many a time I find myself parking off next to an enemy blissfully unaware that he is about to blow my head off and then laugh his head off. Also I waste countless seconds before emptying a clip on someone because I first have to check if he is friend or foe. Inevatably I get my head blown off before making the judgement call.

So I kill a few teamies occassionally, sue me. :?
I kill you in my dreams, I turn the other cheek during the day.

i5 2500k : ASUS P8P67 : ASUS 560ti : Antec High Current Pro 850 : 2x2GB G.Skill : 160GB + 1.5TB Seagate SATA 7200rpm : LG super multi DVD writer : Coolermaster Storm Enforcer
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

brabham wrote:You know what gets to me is why the heck they make it so difficult to distinguish between two sets of players in CSS. I mean if say the one set were all red and the other set were say all blue wouldn't that be so much easier? Many a time I find myself parking off next to an enemy blissfully unaware that he is about to blow my head off and then laugh his head off. Also I waste countless seconds before emptying a clip on someone because I first have to check if he is friend or foe. Inevatably I get my head blown off before making the judgement call.

So I kill a few teamies occassionally, sue me. :?
You have a VERY good point there brab, but consider this. Maybe the whole idea is to work as a team and as such you should know where your mates are. The good 4 player teams out there function as a unit and dont run all over the show like loose cannons like whats happening in your games apparently.

I think the players was created to look almost the same to accentuate this point and force you to pay attention.

S