PC Format Disc Content

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
ZlashAnger

PC Format Disc Content

Post by ZlashAnger »

Good day,

I purchased the January 2014 issue of the PC Format mag yesterday just to find the disc does not read well on my computer. Firstly, the autostart crashes (after eventually trying for about two minutes). Secondly, I tried installing 3D Mark that is on the disc and near the end of the installation I get a message stating that the installation is corrupt (even when copying the installation over to my HDD and installing from there).

I was so excited to try the new software provided by the disc on my new PC (I don't have internet at home) but am now very disappointed.

My DVD drive is a Liteon iHas324.

Could it be a faulty disc, faulty software, or faulty DVD drive? Anybody else having these issues?
doo_much

Re: PC Format Disc Content

Post by doo_much »

Bummer that.

Try this
Valshen wrote:Could you please check the DVD in another machine? If it doesn't work, please email garth at panorama dot co dot za and I will arrange so that we can get the DVD back from you (to ask the press why it is faulty) and get you a new DVD.
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Ultimo

Re: PC Format Disc Content

Post by Ultimo »

Hi, I'm posting here because it relates to Disc content.

I purchased the Feb 2014 mag (issue 203). I tried installing DoubleCad XT supplied but the installer prompts for a serial. could you please advise what i need to do? do I have to register and obtain a serial from the dev's?

thanks.