Cover Disc 201 not working on HP DVDRAM GT50N

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
OraKLE

Cover Disc 201 not working on HP DVDRAM GT50N

Post by OraKLE »

I need some help. I tried reading issue 201 disc on my laptop, but it keeps telling me that there is no disc in the drive. I tried other CDs and everything works fine. Does anyone else have a problem like this?

I'm on Win 7 pro 64bit. The drive is an HP DVDRAM GT50N. I updated windows and some drivers. I looked for a firmware of the drive but i couldn't find any. I also looked for drivers of the DVD-drive but to no avail. The drive is currently using Microsoft drivers dated 2006.
garp

Re: Cover Disc 201 not working on HP DVDRAM GT50N

Post by garp »

Chances are the disk is faulty... Check it in another PC. If you still have no luck, check the back of the cover disk sleeve for details on how to return it and get another...
Cooler Master RC-690 CM 690
Intel Core i7 950 3.06 GHz
MSI R5870
2 x 1TB WD Black
Corsair DDR3-1600 6GB DOMINATOR
Intel SmackOver DX58SO MB
Corsair TX650W Power Supply - 650W
Samsung P2350 23"
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Valshen
G3AR Magazine Editor

Re: Cover Disc 201 not working on HP DVDRAM GT50N

Post by Valshen »

OraKLE wrote:I need some help. I tried reading issue 201 disc on my laptop, but it keeps telling me that there is no disc in the drive. I tried other CDs and everything works fine. Does anyone else have a problem like this?

I'm on Win 7 pro 64bit. The drive is an HP DVDRAM GT50N. I updated windows and some drivers. I looked for a firmware of the drive but i couldn't find any. I also looked for drivers of the DVD-drive but to no avail. The drive is currently using Microsoft drivers dated 2006.
Hi OraKLE

Could you please check the DVD in another machine? If it doesn't work, please email garth at panorama dot co dot za and I will arrange so that we can get the DVD back from you (to ask the press why it is faulty) and get you a new DVD.