Feb12 mag 2 months late?

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Feb12 mag 2 months late?

Post by StarBound »

I'm busy reading the CPU article from the February mag and there are so many faults in it dating back to information that was released in December already.

For the part "Bulldozer with over 2bn transistors" there was a release statement that AMD PR screwed up and it was 1.2bn, 40% less that it should have been.

Since I am the proud and somewhat frowning owner of a 3930k there is another issue. 2 cores locked? It is a 6 core CPU. I don't think any cores has been locked. Then the 4.9Ghz on air sounds very fishy. Not sure who the overclocker was but 4.5ghz sounds like the safest speed your going to get on that monster. I don't want to compare this to tomshardware or anandtech but it seems like someone was sitting in England with an open window and a snowy day catching the draft instead of sitting in SA with 32C in the room.

The pricing seems overpriced on all the CPUs except the 3930k which is underpriced. Signs of direct conversions for the print version in SA?
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: Feb12 mag 2 months late?

Post by StarBound »

Ok reread some parts of it where it says the SB-E chip was suppose to have 8 cores. The print on the CPU review however shows 4/8 cores and hyper threading.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.