August annoyances

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
Nab
G3AR Magazine Editor

Re: August annoyances

Post by Nab »

StarBound wrote:lol

But the article was informative non the less. But I guess you get what you can pay for and try to make the best of it. I never knew the i7 was this powerful though. I looked at just cause 2 with me getting 60fps with everything maxed back when I had the 5870 and wondered what everyone was on about. But even with these figures it seems there are things I took for granted with this cpu.

Still it doesn't stop surprising me on how good games run even 2 years after I bought it. My other systems usually started struggling by now with the highest settings.

It sucks that so many games are being ported and subsequently holding us to console spec standards :( Nevertheless, there is hope, lots of hope at last. Also Star, will get KB around to explain the price annoyance.
What you see written above is my opinion and not that of the peeps that put food on my plate.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Well Deus Ex is being release this coming Friday and the buzz around it is it is something you want to play on pc. Same with battlefield, same with rage. That doesn't stop the damage that consoles or rather the developers for it has caused.

As for pricing maybe there was something extra with the card :P
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

StarBound wrote: ...now for the mistake... Radeon HD6950 is R3000 cheaper than the Geforce 570GTX? Last time I checked the 6950 went for R3000 vs R4000 for the 570GTX.
Hi StarBound

Where is this error? I looked at the pages where those two cards appear and the price listings are correct.
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

The cards pricing was correct. The part I am talking about is on page9, top of the final analysis chart.

The text reads: "...HD6950 instead ... They're almost R3000 cheaper than the GTX570..."
My Steam Screenshots

StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Just clarifying my subject head, its something that reigms. The initial plan was august error orgy which might have been too extreme :P
My Steam Screenshots