Cover Disc unusable.

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
Bob-Skanking

Cover Disc unusable.

Post by Bob-Skanking »

Greetings,

I am now livid....... Third time in a row that the past 3 months my cover discs have been totally unusable. The dvd seems to be put into the cardboard cover too soon after the cover is glued together. The disc is almost impossible to pull out of the cover without damaging both the cover and the disc.

The glue seems to eat the disc therefore leaving you with an unusable disc:

What can I do about this cause I can not find anything in the mag regards to cover discs not working
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Re: Cover Disc unusable.

Post by Ron2K »

If you're in Cape Town, you're welcome to take mine. Just bring me some Foundry. ;)
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

:facepalm:
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
Bob-Skanking

Post by Bob-Skanking »

Ron2K wrote:If you're in Cape Town, you're welcome to take mine. Just bring me some Foundry. ;)
Well I solved it..... I just googled all the apps etc and chose what I like. Oh thank the lordy lord for uncapped
Drakonis
G3AR Online Content Editor

Post by Drakonis »

Bob, have you mailed cdsupport@pcformat.co.za at all regarding this? I've been looking for someone to send me a disc damaged by glue for the last month or so, so we can 'prod buttock' as Captain Carrot says. It has been cropping up in some areas but the discs that we get in the office never seem to have this issue and I have yet to see this one in person.
If you get this or any hassle in future, mail the address on the back of the disc sleeve. A replacement is generally on the way within a single working day. I should know, I get all those mails.
"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
My opinion, not the mag's
Bob-Skanking

Post by Bob-Skanking »

Drakonis wrote:Bob, have you mailed cdsupport@pcformat.co.za at all regarding this? I've been looking for someone to send me a disc damaged by glue for the last month or so, so we can 'prod buttock' as Captain Carrot says. It has been cropping up in some areas but the discs that we get in the office never seem to have this issue and I have yet to see this one in person.
If you get this or any hassle in future, mail the address on the back of the disc sleeve. A replacement is generally on the way within a single working day. I should know, I get all those mails.
Thank you for the great reply. Well I have 3 glue damaged dvd's for you if you would like them. Where should I send them too?
Drakonis

Post by Drakonis »

Bob, you now have a PM waiting. :)
Bob-Skanking

Post by Bob-Skanking »

Drakonis wrote:Bob, you now have a PM waiting. :)
Already responded thanks :wink:
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Bob-Skanking wrote: I just googled all the apps etc and chose what I like. Oh thank the lordy lord for uncapped
i am... stumped... :?

i always looked on the content disc as being a bonus for the disconnected... treating it like a necessity, and getting upset about it when the content is available via an uncapped line, is ... weird..

i have a cousin who does counselling.. i promise i don't get a cut... :)
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Bob-Skanking

Post by Bob-Skanking »

There are 2 reasons ONLY that i buy PCF:

1) Cover disc. Because although you may feel it is for the disconnected, there are some damn good apps that come on it that you would never have found by yourself.

2) Luis Villazon. It's the first part that I read and it is the last part. Most of the rest of the mag is utter waste of time to me. I do not give two continentals about the latest fastest super dooper mobo. Nor do I care what GFX card is out performing the rest. I purely buy my mag every month for those two features.

LOL I just realised that is R22.50 I am payeing per feature LMAO
Prime

Post by Prime »

Bob-Skanking wrote:There are 2 reasons ONLY that i buy PCF:

1) Cover disc. Because although you may feel it is for the disconnected, there are some damn good apps that come on it that you would never have found by yourself.

2) Luis Villazon. It's the first part that I read and it is the last part. Most of the rest of the mag is utter waste of time to me. I do not give two continentals about the latest fastest super dooper mobo. Nor do I care what GFX card is out performing the rest. I purely buy my mag every month for those two features.

LOL I just realised that is R22.50 I am payeing per feature LMAO

/this
rustypup wrote:
Bob-Skanking wrote: I just googled all the apps etc and chose what I like. Oh thank the lordy lord for uncapped
i am... stumped... :?

i always looked on the content disc as being a bonus for the disconnected... treating it like a necessity, and getting upset about it when the content is available via an uncapped line, is ... weird..

i have a cousin who does counselling.. i promise i don't get a cut... :)
is this the same one with the menagerie? :lol:
Firestrm_ZA
Deliciously Moist Cake
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5950X
Motherboard: ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
Graphics card: EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
Memory: 32GB 3600 G-Skill Trident Z RGB

Post by Firestrm_ZA »

I was about to post my own thread. See pics. December issue...

https://carbonite.co.za - CUD central 8)
Bob-Skanking

Post by Bob-Skanking »

Now I won't bother buying the december issue. To be honest till this has been sorted I am not buying PCF at all.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

we are working with the company that makes the cover disc to rectify this problem.
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 03 Apr 2011, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
Drakonis

Post by Drakonis »

The December disc seems to far worse than usual (we generally only have one or two reported problems a month at most). Anyone who has hassles with the disc can PM me their postal address and I will arrange replacements. As KB said, this is being sorted out with the company that presses and packages our discs.
Unfortunately, that is one phase of the mag that we do not control directly.
Sorry for the (judging by my inbox this morning) many hassles.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

I would also like to add that we take this issue very seriously.
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

KillerByte wrote:I would also like to add that we take this issue very seriously.
Have not bought the December issue yet but the past 2 issues I have bought have had bad scratches all over the cover disks :cry: , love the mag though :D
Bob-Skanking

Post by Bob-Skanking »

I will resume buying the mag when the coverdisc problem is sorted out. As I said earlier the disc and Luis Villazon are my only reasons for getting this brilliant mag. the rest is just added bonus.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

Bob-Skanking wrote:I will resume buying the mag when the coverdisc problem is sorted out. As I said earlier the disc and Luis Villazon are my only reasons for getting this brilliant mag. the rest is just added bonus.
But the mag is the best part and the disk is the added bonus.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Bob-Skanking wrote:the disc and Luis Villazon are my only reasons for getting this brilliant mag.

villazon is a talentless prat... his brand of forced sarcasm is only barely fit for use in the cat-box... as a deciding factor in purchasing the mag, this tjop is all con...

again, you're buying a mag, not a content disc... if the only reason you're buying is the disc they may as well flush the time and effort they put into the articles by replacing them with full page ads cluttered with elf boobs and fhm models, then spend the rest of the month drowning their injured journalistic egos in 50yr old whiskey and ladies of negotiable virtue...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

Thank you rusty for pointing that one out, but they could use some FHM models :D like they used to have.
Bob-Skanking

Post by Bob-Skanking »

rustypup wrote:
Bob-Skanking wrote:the disc and Luis Villazon are my only reasons for getting this brilliant mag.

villazon is a talentless prat...
Ooooh jealousy makes you nasty hey!!! For a "talentless prat" he's got a damn nice job! And anyway I enjoy his sarcasm. & we all have our reasons for buying the mag, what ever yours are, are yours. Mine are mine & I thank you for respecting the reason I buy the mag be it or not the same reasons you do.
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page