PROJECT:HOT BOX

Post logs of your latest creation in here.
rm5d

PROJECT:HOT BOX

Post by rm5d »

I have started building a aluminum case from scratch, it will be 450x450x350 mm.It will be made from all the bits and pieces I have lying around because the budjet for this is zero.

The basic frame will be constructed from 25X25MM L channel and various other pieces of ally.This will all be painted bright gloss red which will help hide all the repairs to the used ally.

The floor,shelf,top,front and possibly the back will be made from black pvc sheets which will be painted gloss or satin blck also to help hide repairs.The mobo tray,psu bracket,I/O plate will be taken from a scrap case and painted red or black.

I do not have hardware for this project but will be made to house 2 x hdd, 2 x Optical drives - mixture of 120mm and 80mm fans will chrome,black or red grills.I will use red led lighting and sound to light activation which will be switchable on,sound activ. and off.

On the front I want a six channel Pulse Width Modulated fan controller with bargraph speed indicators - Usb ports and sound - Hard drive activity bargraphs and any other practical or cool electronics I can think of.

The side panels will be hinged clear plexy - not a solid sheet but a frame made up of pieces of plexi similar to stained glass setup's - budget.

The mobo will be able to slide in and out ,on top there will be two painted metal case handles.

The hardware used will be rivits 3,4,5,6mm pan head screws with dome - acorn nuts - various sizes of chromed metal stand off's and diy colored thumb screws.

That is the basic plan but things are sure to change as I progress.

Here is the basic matarials .

Ally.

PvC Sheets.

Case Bits.

I have stared with the frame work here are the corner supports cut bent an in the proccess of being "made like new".
Lithe_Joint

Post by Lithe_Joint »

It is an interresting assortment of bits and bobs you have there. I am looking forward to this.

Beware of the quickset putty though...it does not like flexing one bit, and will easily seperate from the weakest contact surface.

Good luck, Dude :bigups:
the pen is mighter than the sword, but the word is always final