Project: Infinity - ReDesigned completely

Post logs of your latest creation in here.
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

When I saw the first pic, I thought "What the hell is he thinking putting the supply in front???" Then I saw the other pics and thought "OOPS!!!" Design wise it is looking great guy. Watch out with ALU, it scratches easy if you're not careful. Both my mods, Behemoth and Supanaut, were scratch builds and being somewhat impatient I caused a few scratches on the body work. BUT ALU looks absolutely BRILLIANT if its done right. So good luck, I hope your mod is going to look great
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

Hey Samaya thanks.

Guys ive got an Announcement, I've chaged my Design completely. New Design new layout. Will post pics soon
psYChowIt

Post by psYChowIt »

PICS!!! :P
Skidd
Permanently Banned

Post by Skidd »

yeah PICS!! :twisted:
psYChowIt

Post by psYChowIt »

DoOb wrote:alu and perspex
mmmm... Where have I seen this before... *cough* DeanMF

NOt saying your copying or anything I'm just hoping it has the same feel as his case coz, DAMN that thing is hawt!!! But looking at Red Devil or whateva it woz called it shewd be! Good luck man

PeaCE
Skidd
Permanently Banned

Post by Skidd »

Well looking at the design doobs has layed out its not going to be anything like deanMF's cube case. So yeah...
psYChowIt

Post by psYChowIt »

Skidd wrote:Well looking at the design doobs has layed out its not going to be anything like deanMF's cube case. So yeah...
You understood me wrong... (this was what I was afraid of...) Maybe somethings are just better unsaid...
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

Do't worry psyChowit, my case is 100% my idea hehe
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

Well I just read the whole thread now and I too liked your first designs Doobs! 8)

Now you got me really anxious about this new design, so hurry up and post em pics :P
I am 63% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

Ok here are the pics, a whole new look and my feel is right on this one completely now.

Ok here were are. Written type on them so no need to explain.

Um as for Power Switches and Reset im gonna try go remote instead. Remote control.

Hope you guys love this one, coz im feeling this one.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Looks good so far doOb. That case is gonna be HUGE though!

But yeah, looking good man :)
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

hehe, yea i measured it, its gonna be about under the length of a normal case. but its gonna be about say 10cm taller than a normal 4 bay chassis.

Width wise im looking at 35cm width, length 40cm-45cm. Height about 60cm or so more

Thanks for the comment Ettienne
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

You got an interesting thing going their DoObs, good luck mate :wink:

I think it will turn out really nice 8)
I am 63% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
DarkRanger
Processor: Intel i5-3750
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Graphics card: nVidia GTX 550Ti
Memory: 8GB Jetram

Post by DarkRanger »

Looks great doob!!

Can't wait for you to get started!!
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

Um i have rough dimension's

length: 40cm (more or less the length of a normal 4 bay chassis.)
Height: 46cm
Width: 36cm max. Want a tight but good fit

Thanks DR and ADV4NCED
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Gonna be a big 'bottom' case to drag around at lans... Wanna see the final design pics with windows and all... What colour are you going?
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

Black and Red, Yea it gonna be a bit big but i dont go to LAN's often so all good.
Druggs

Post by Druggs »

Exelent doob :D
nice case design :D
keep it up! :D
haja

Post by haja »

heya,

I appreciate the fact that it is designed from scratch, however, I feel there is too much wasted space in it.
Also, it is basically just 3 x boxes stacked on top of each other.

I understand that the beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I am sure you can come up with something better and more 'different', as the cube case has been done alot recently, and more originally.

UNless there are going to be some wicked effects and what not on the outside with the aluminium and perspex, in that case, ignore this fool :)
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

haja wrote:heya,

I appreciate the fact that it is designed from scratch, however, I feel there is too much wasted space in it.
Also, it is basically just 3 x boxes stacked on top of each other.

I understand that the beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I am sure you can come up with something better and more 'different', as the cube case has been done alot recently, and more originally.

UNless there are going to be some wicked effects and what not on the outside with the aluminium and perspex, in that case, ignore this fool :)
Seriously i would, but i havent got like 4k to splash out on a case. And. This is for my Needs. Its just a case that can house my pc. Or i could just go and buy a Antec P160 like Robs and be happy. Either one

I'm gonna try and cut the size down as much as i can though. So no worries there.
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

Yes, cube cases are being done to death a bit lately, but this is a very interesting variation on it. Personally, I'd like to see how this turns out. :D
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
haja

Post by haja »

As I said doobs, no offence intended.

Hey, I did up my Opel superboss, made it about 60mm off the ground, shaved everything off it that moved, and painted it Kawasaki green. Most people think it looks rediculous, but to me, its an absolute beauty. So i understand all people like different things.

I was just saying that if you are going to all that effort of making something from scratch, why not do something no-one else has done.

Something that has always interested me is a triangular case, it would look uber IMHO, I am sure its been done, but only a handful of times, and would be pretty easy to make with a simple frame as all the seides are flat.

Anyhoo, I digress, good luck with the project, I am sure you will do a superb job.
Skidd
Permanently Banned

Post by Skidd »

haja wrote:As I said doobs, no offence intended.

Hey, I did up my Opel superboss, made it about 60mm off the ground, shaved everything off it that moved, and painted it Kawasaki green. Most people think it looks rediculous, but to me, its an absolute beauty. So i understand all people like different things.
NOOOOO!!!!

Dude WTF? You do what to a SUPERBOSS? :roll:

Seriously thats not what you do to a SB, you do that kind of stuff to a golf not a SB! I bet you changed the wheels too? As far as I am conserned now you dont own a Sb anymore but rather just a Boss :?

Sorry for spaming your thread doobs but I cant stand it if people ruin collectoable cars like the SB :cry:
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Why dont you put the rad, pump, psu, hdd's and DVD in the same box? They should give off too much heat and by putting the hdd's at that level you can cool your hdd's with the airflow from the rad. Also saves you one layer...
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
haja

Post by haja »

Skidd, my apologies, it is a boss :( I just get so used to the term Superboss (and get more pissed off when ppl say they have a SUperboss when they only have a boss)

Apologies, and back to the topic :)