Project: BlackFlame (Update!! 16/11, 56k = Die.)

Post logs of your latest creation in here.
RobThePyro

Project: BlackFlame (Update!! 16/11, 56k = Die.)

Post by RobThePyro »

Ok SO! MODDING TIME! YAY lol ok... yeah so I got tired of my case(antec P160W) and I decided it should be black aswell! + I allways wanted to be a modder/overclocker(quite proud of my E6600 @3.95Ghz with S^%& zalman 7700! and my 500FSB achivement!) so all thats left is the modding side! kinda like a cross bettween DJV and I34z1k LOL!

Ok well I have done a few small mods to my case all ready, I have some pics lying around that ill post later! Just like changing LED's, adding Fans, oh and change stock crappy window for nice clean perspex one that I put in, and put a 92mm fan in to cool my Ram.

But like I said I got over the silver case and I want it black! so i kinda jumped in and started painting! so i only have a couple of crappy Phone pics which suck... and I also dont have a very good idea where to go with this mod YET!

Here is a pic of my case before I started painting:

(SORRY ABOUT PIC QUALITY!)

and here are some pics During painting:

Black Vs Sliver
WOOO nice glossy! still needs sanding but its getting there even with my noob painting skills!
Just a little test piece I did to see how the black comes out. I LIKE!

Again sorry for the pics! Promise to do some real nice ones tomorro!

Ok so i need your guys help planning this mod!

Phase One: is to paint it black, which I should be finished with by the weekend.

Phase Two: The next thing I want to do is change the lighting!, At the moment I have two blue CCFL's and blue LED's on my mobe, aswell as 3 blue leds on the front and a blue led fan im my psu. Then I have 3 red Led fans. I also have a whole load of blue and red led's lying around and 2 red CCFL's(which shine like pinkish but i have a plan to fix that!)

So what colours do I go with? Im keen to change all the lighting to red! (I.E. Black Flame) especially because black and red are my fav colours and It matches my (SIC) sig (THANKS DoOBS! LOVE U MAN!) + my girlfriend want me to do it that way! :lol: But the downside is that black and red is very common and im scared it will look to "normal" (and I would kinda be ripping DoOBs rig off...) Im also kinda keen to do the whole Black and Blue theme! but I dunno, or i could just go crazy out the box and change everything to green! lol... I could do it like i have at the moment with blue and red but i feel it comes out to spider-man-ish? I need so serrious advice here guys! please help! tell me what you think! PLEASE! any comments welcome! need to decide!

What about the future?! well since i want to be this L33T Modder/Overclocker im gonns try get most of my mods performance related, so the next then i want to do is put some water in, im looking at the swiftech H20-220 apex ultra kit as it seems the best value for money(something i have little of....)(SPONSORS?!?! :lol: :lol: :wink: :D :wink: ) so that I can break 4ghz with my C2D E6600!!!

After that? well the skys the limit! you guys tell me what you think and if alot of people are keen for something and I think its cool ill go for it!

So leave some nice comments (RED OR BLUE!!! RED... NO... BLUE! i dont know~!!!! HELP!) and come back tomorrow and i should have some nice pics!!!!!! YAY!

Rob.
Last edited by RobThePyro on 16 Nov 2007, 08:52, edited 15 times in total.
PCF Dumbass of the Month Award!
"My lungs are in SLI :P"
psYChowIt

Post by psYChowIt »

Yay! goodluck, another has given in to the MODside BWAHAHWAHA! ! !
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Looking forward to those pics and another log to check out :D
DJBK

Post by DJBK »

YAY! U starting!

Wat u painting wif? Airbrush, no?

And how about u have a switch which changes between all red and all blue lighting? :P :P :P
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

I'll talk to you tonight Rob.
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Yeah dude, red and black sounds really good. I know a lot of people who have those kinda colours, but if really put a lot of effort into this mod and go over everything to make it look 120% perfect, I think its gonna look sick!

Good luck, looking forward to more pics & reading :D
RobThePyro

Post by RobThePyro »

thanks for the comments guys!

I think im gonna go with the red and black theme.

I did some more modding today but cant get pics off camera because i dont have the right cable here.... i kinda stuffed up the paint though, put it on a bit thinck on one piece and it ran, so lotsa sanding 2morro.... lol

check back 2morro guys!

Rob.
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Heya Rob.

I personally would not go for the black and red theme, purely on the fact that everyone does it... What about black and orange?

When I think of doing a mod the first thing that hits my mind is this: "Has it been done before? What else can I do that would make people wonder why THEY didnt think about"...
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
RobThePyro

Post by RobThePyro »

Ok update time! *YAY*

Just waiting for pics to upload brb....

OK!

WOO YAY picies working now.... lol sorry guys...

Ok the pics abopve are my *BAD* attempt at a first coat on the back panel of my case I.E. the wrong side of the mobo

In the pics above we have my first coat on the window "frame" with a better quality paint, it leaves a thicker smoother more even coat and its alot easier to spray with for a noob like me... you can see the groves in the aluminium in some of the pics because the case originally was like a brushed aluminium look instead of a smooth panel. do you think i should leave it like this or put thick coats and sand to get a perfectally smooth black instead of it being like textured?

Ok a few more pics of the first *not very good coat* of the back panel

YAY! my trusty compressor

Spray gun dissasemebled

Paints, new one on the left, the old one(right) was what i used for the first coat on the back panel which dident some out very well because the finish was uneven, from now on i will be spraying with the Enamel paint instead of duco.

sanding....

Spray gun asemebled

second coat on back panel, came out quite nicely with new paint.(If you look at the middle right, you can see some small blemishes which i will respray the panel again! to fix)

second coat on "window frame", which i stuffed up as you will see....

some more pics of the back panel... woooo shiny!

Ok as you can see, my middle name is infact NOOB... yes i got abit carryed away and put the paint on to thick and it ran... to quote DJV "OH NOES! More sanding coming my way!"....

But other than that the finish is pretty good

As you can see there is some problems in the finish, but its SO difficult to eliminate all the dust in the working area....

Ok so for some first attempts at spraying i thought it came out pretty good. tonight i sanded both pieces and resprayed, but the "window frame" piece didnt come out so well so im gonna have to sand and spray AGAIN tommorow... hopefully the last time..

As for the back panel i sanded and sprayed again tonight because of some small blemishes cause by a little water from sanding that jumped onto the front when i was spraying the second coat.... but then.
I totally owned the panel...
I was looking at it and it was on the edge of the hoot it was hanging from, i grabbed it to twist it and look at in the light and it fell off the hook... it was still wet so now the whole coat is stuffed... im gonna have to sand and respray again tommorow! and perhapse another coat after that if im not happy with it.

Im not going to have time tommorw because its my matric dance... but if i have the time i will strip all the hardware out my case and spray the case. pro only put 2 or 3 coats on it though because the paint needs to dry overnight bettween coats and i dont want my hardware lying around for too long... hopefully everything will go smoothly.

the upsude is i can do some open air benchies! YAY! i wanna break 4ghz! on S&^% zalman 7700! LOL!

Im pretty sure im gonna go with the red and black idea, its the easiest to do(considering i have a C%$ load of red LED's) and its my first mod so ill keep thins simple for now.

One thing i do need to know is, what to do after my final coat of paint? do i just leave it? or put a clear coat or 2? or sand and then clear coat?!?!? if someone knows a good site to help noob sprayers like me please send me in the right direction!

Ok guys i hope you like! let me know! thanks for all the comments so far!

Rob.
Last edited by RobThePyro on 20 Jul 2007, 21:32, edited 5 times in total.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

lol?
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Dude....why dont you just post the pics without the post to tell us you gonna go do it :wink:
RobThePyro

Post by RobThePyro »

because i cant get the F%$^ing pics to work, uploading them to a second host now... sorry....
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

lol, its all good :lol: I use PhotoBucket and havnt had any problems.... just some useless info
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

I know Im being picky now, but please... make your pics smaller. Maybe either upload thumbnails or resize them.

You got some good shine going there, your case is gonna become like a black mirror!
RobThePyro

Post by RobThePyro »

Yeah im sorry about that, i tried to keep them highres (they were 8megapix originally~!) to make up for the sucky phone cam ones9and so you could see all the nice shinyness!). i eneded up hosting them on my own server and it was to much of a mission to upload two copys of each pic, one for thumbnails and one for highres , and then to go put all that code into my post... if anyone knows of a program to do this easily?? let me know!

from now on ill do my best to do thumbs

Thanks man! i really hope it comes out well! spraying with a gun is quite an art! there is the compressor pressure, the nozzel size, the needle position, the trigger position, the gun pressure, the paint thickness! not to mention trying to find a non-dusty place to spray!
RobThePyro

Post by RobThePyro »

Hey guys.

Turns out i have min time this week... literly have school everyday until 5... so no time for modding... but come the weekend! hoping to have the paint done....

For now i have a few more pics from my third coat of paint, the front window thing still needs another or maybe 2 more coats. the back panel could do with maybe just one more coat but since its in the back.... i dunno... we will see...

Anyway guys! until later, Cheers
Rob.
RobThePyro

Post by RobThePyro »

Hey guys!

Sorry about the lack of updates, Iv been very sick for the last week and been in bed, Also have trials in about a week so im going to have NO time for a little while with catching up and studying.

BUT I have done a few more coats of paint and I hope to get a chance to paint the rest of my case this weekend. Also look what i just ordered!

So should have some nice water soon!!! YAY!!!

sorry again for lack of updates. but check back soon!!!

Rob.
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

Hmm... Hehe.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Nice Rob :)

I ordered Apex Ultra + kit for one of my buddies the other day, it's in my modding room at the moment. He sold me the GPU and chipset block for 400 bucks! :D

Fantastic kit btw
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
RobThePyro

Post by RobThePyro »

yea i decided against the apex PLUS kit because i cant cool my 8800gtx with it and because of my heat pipes if i cool the NB ill have to watercool the SB and mosfets aswell. looking foward to the kit though!
RobThePyro

Post by RobThePyro »

Small update!:

Check back tomorrow for the full pics but here are some teazers!

WOOT~! I thought the gloss came out pretty good, and sprayed the locking tab things red 2!

Sprayed the whole case today aswell put some pics up 2morro!

And water coming soon!

Rob.
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

Byron says:
dam actually rob you done a f****ng good job man
Rob ThePyro says:
lol thanx
Byron says:
thats some really impressive sh*t
Rob ThePyro says:
thanx
Last edited by DoOb on 06 Aug 2007, 06:47, edited 1 time in total.
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Good stuff dude! I'll come back and check tomorrow after work some time :wink:
psYChowIt

Post by psYChowIt »

That's red??? Anyway good job
Venomous

Post by Venomous »

I like those Fans! :P