Project: Epiphany 100% Complete (bad update)

Post logs of your latest creation in here.
Prime

Re: Project: Epiphany 100% Complete (bad update)

Post by Prime »

Sorry to revive an old thread, but is She fixed yet? :(
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Epiphany is dead bru.

Since i finished Epiphany, i have learned many many things, and i found that there were a LOT of bad designs in the mod. It was an awesome mod, but there were just too many design flaws to fix it. Running my hardware in that rig was suicide :P I was a total modding n00b when i built Epiphany, so there were a lot of things that i didn't think about. In terms of appearance, it was absolutely perfect IMO, but the stuff that the average person couldn't see was what bugged me.

Had i designed it better, i would have rebuilt it.

I before deciding to put an end to Epiphany, i had an AWESOME res drawn up in a CAD application called EdgeCam. My step dad works with CNC machines, lathes, all that sort of stuffs, and i was going to have a nice big res milled out of clear plexi, but i opted against it. I'm moving to bigger and better mods now. Endorphin should be done soon, my Pico mod is going to be ownage, and my Lian Li mod has been in planning/design for a few months now, so i think it's going to be awesome as well.

So i've taken the whole rig apart. The hardware is now running in my Lian Li PC-V2000 case right next to me (i spent about a week re-modding the PSU AGAIN :P ), and the case was taken apart, wrapped up, and packed away.

If anyone wants the chromed optical drives from Epiphany, let me know. They're gathering dust, so buy them from me :P
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
Prime

Post by Prime »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Epiphany is dead bru.

Since i finished Epiphany, i have learned many many things, and i found that there were a LOT of bad designs in the mod. It was an awesome mod, but there were just too many design flaws to fix it. Running my hardware in that rig was suicide :P I was a total modding n00b when i built Epiphany, so there were a lot of things that i didn't think about. In terms of appearance, it was absolutely perfect IMO, but the stuff that the average person couldn't see was what bugged me.

Had i designed it better, i would have rebuilt it.

I before deciding to put an end to Epiphany, i had an AWESOME res drawn up in a CAD application called EdgeCam. My step dad works with CNC machines, lathes, all that sort of stuffs, and i was going to have a nice big res milled out of clear plexi, but i opted against it. I'm moving to bigger and better mods now. Endorphin should be done soon, my Pico mod is going to be ownage, and my Lian Li mod has been in planning/design for a few months now, so i think it's going to be awesome as well.

So i've taken the whole rig apart. The hardware is now running in my Lian Li PC-V2000 case right next to me (i spent about a week re-modding the PSU AGAIN :P ), and the case was taken apart, wrapped up, and packed away.

If anyone wants the chromed optical drives from Epiphany, let me know. They're gathering dust, so buy them from me :P
and so ends the Dae's of Epiphany :P

Its a pity, it looked really awesome! :D but ya, leaking parts are suicide :|

Ok cool. well we look forward to seeing your other projects complete. 8)

What do the drives look like or should i page back through thethread and find them?
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Let me find a pic and host it for you :)

Hold on a sec...
Prime

Post by Prime »

k cool 8)
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Okay, here are the pics. The drive covers were sent in for chroming, as well as the fronts:

The Drives have also been fitted with some internal blue LEDs:

Furthermore, i wired a remote eject port on the back of the drives, so you can plug a switch in there and use the switch to eject the tray :D

Prime

Post by Prime »

Ya, unfortunately I don't think they'd look the part on What i'm planning, so i'll pass. :(

its a pity cos they look amazing otherwise and i normally hate anything chromed(so i'm paying you a huge compliment) :wink:

use them on your next mod?

on the plus side, your res's dying tells me that i should not buy that particular variant ever :wink:
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

No no, i wont use them again. Chrome looks terrible in almost EVERY situation. Epiphany was one of the very few cases where the chrome looked good IMO.

Yeah, if you buy a round res, make sure the barbs are not in the actual plexi ;)
Prime

Post by Prime »

Lol.

well for a first mod, you did a damn fine job. Most of us on our second and third? mod's will never even touch yours. ;)
Firestrm_ZA
Deliciously Moist Cake
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5950X
Motherboard: ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
Graphics card: EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
Memory: 32GB 3600 G-Skill Trident Z RGB

Post by Firestrm_ZA »

DAE_JA_VOO, drop me a pm, im thinking those drives will do me good seeing as i now have chrome psu im gonna use and a few other chromed bits for
Spoiler (show)
quiksilver, yes i have a secret project :P
lemme know bud :wink: :twisted:

*edit and those screws u owe me :roll:
https://carbonite.co.za - CUD central 8)