Project: Supanaut (The PSU has blown and I had to replace)

Post logs of your latest creation in here.
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

That last shot of the case looks mentally rad. Good work there.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

$%#$ ITS HUGE
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

I dont know if yuo've said this already but are you doing a BTW setup?
DjStyles

Post by DjStyles »

DoOb wrote:That last shot of the case looks mentally rad.
LOL, I love the way your put things.
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

GreyWolf wrote:$%#$ ITS HUGE
ITS NOT HUGE its smaller than most cases. Might be fatter though.

You want to see huge??? Take a look at my very FIRST EVER mod

@SB No I was thinking about a BTX form but BTX is so rare at the moment its not even worth trying to mod into it.

Thanks for all the comments guys :D 8) :D
Prime

Post by Prime »

Dude, looking awesome. how does that file work. does it use a ribbon like a piece of emery paper or does it have a solid hard file.

Maybe you should make a bussiness of selling custom cases... :wink:
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

da_ripper wrote:Dude, looking awesome. how does that file work. does it use a ribbon like a piece of emery paper or does it have a solid hard file.

That file works the same way a chain saw does but with sanding paper. Its basically a thin hand held belt sander.

It would be nice making custom cases but its not worth it. The time you take to make a case and the resources you use, would be just to much to justify making and selling the cases.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Samaya wrote:
da_ripper wrote:Dude, looking awesome. how does that file work. does it use a ribbon like a piece of emery paper or does it have a solid hard file.

That file works the same way a chain saw does but with sanding paper. Its basically a thin hand held belt sander.

It would be nice making custom cases but its not worth it. The time you take to make a case and the resources you use, would be just to much to justify making and selling the cases.
interesting, maybe i should get one of those.

yeah thats true hey. it is alot of work
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

Look for some modding goodness after the weekend. I might surprise even myself lol
Lithe_Joint

Post by Lithe_Joint »

appetite wetted :)
the pen is mighter than the sword, but the word is always final
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

Update time...

I didn't do much but it is worth posting. Come to think of it, I actually achieved quite a bit with all the birthday parties and work and baby showers keeping me busy...

Anyway here goes...

This is the final part of the hard drive brackets I made. The HDD mountings are now completed

And installed. I have intensionally left a gap between the drives so that I would have decent air flow going into the box.

I also made the holes for 2 small 40mm fans above and below where the graphics card will sit. I would fit them but I didn't have the right screws and will get some during the week. I know its a bit skeef but this tends to happen when someone is distracting you...

Ok so next I need to fit the internal panels and do the wiring. I also have a BIG surprise coming but that will take at least a month to finish and I am not about to let anyone know whats up...
Prime

Post by Prime »

cool beans, TIP: tap those fan screw holes and never ever bother with self tapping screws again.
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

I would tap those holes but the fans are made of plastic and the threads would just strip themselves out. No I use the tried and tested method of nuts and bolts and make sure those babies stay where I put them. :twisted: :wink:
Prime

Post by Prime »

Tap? as in thread tap. Not a problem, done it to all my fans. just use the right size tap... M4 or M5, M5 tap is better for most fans... go to any good Nut and bolt wholesaler and by one... :D
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Dammit Samaya, those plexi brackets that you bent look SO good, seriously dude. I can't believe how good it looks. Teach me :(

Nice work dude :D
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

Thanks man :D

I think I'll start the wiring this weekend. Do all the supply voltages and so on
Lithe_Joint

Post by Lithe_Joint »

8O
I didn't realise that you used plexi for those brackets :!:

Nice job,Dude.
the pen is mighter than the sword, but the word is always final
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

Looking real good Samaya. Good craftsmanship, that is the word right.
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Those brackets look toit Samaya! Everytime I see a update on this mod it makes me feel like Im just starting grade 2 or something... if only I could do what you do, this is one complicated sounding mod!

Good work dude :bigups:
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

Thanks guys. This really is a complicated mod and its getting worse everytime I work on it. I have very many ideas still for this mod that will mostly be implemented but others I am keeping for future mods. I hope you enjoy looking at this project as much as I am enjoying making it.

:D :D :D
Prime

Post by Prime »

Samaya wrote:Thanks guys. This really is a complicated mod and its getting worse everytime I work on it. I have very many ideas still for this mod that will mostly be implemented but others I am keeping for future mods. I hope you enjoy looking at this project as much as I am enjoying making it.

:D :D :D
we are loving it, so many cool ideas for our future mods...
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

A couple of weeks ago I posted about my poor hardware and how it was causing me not to want to mod very much. Well today that all changed. I ordered some new stuff. :mrgreen: So I got myself a Asus P5B Motherboard, Intel C2D E6600, 1Gb DDR2-800 Ram and a 500W PSU. But this is where the money has dried up. So no Graphics card as yet. I'll have to wait for this years tax refund to happen first...

But that aside, I have some new inspiration for my mod!!! I am going to try to finish or make it usable at least before I get the new stuff. I am going to have a massive modding session this weekend...
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

WoW some nice hardware pity about the GFX card. Sounds real good otherwise Samaya. Have Fun. Gonna be at a LAN but will be checking this thread out when i get back
Prime

Post by Prime »

cool let us know how it goes? :D
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

Man you are going to love this coming update!!! Today I have fitted 2 of the larger internal panels and put all the wires for the front panel control in. They haven't been soldered yet cause well Its this time...Anyway I still have that BIG surprise coming (AND I guarantee no-one in the whole world will have one like it!!!) And tomorrow is another great day for modding. I'll probably fit the rest of the panels and finish most of the wiring maybe even start on the PSU.