New anime.. and manga

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Rayne

Re: New anime.. and manga

Post by Rayne »

Well Haruhi S2's not starting, no idea what that webshow is but it's not S2. The magazine should have announced a rebroadcast instead of a new show.

Haruhi S1's free to view on YouTube next month.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Oooh, cool, interesting.
Subbed or not?

The first episode of the webcast was really weird... It was like a 45 second clip and it pretty much just said that it wasn't ready yet. lol?

Not that it would have made a difference if it had started as right now, school is HECTIC...
Coming towards the end of the term and im assuming that is why :P

Just 2 more weeks and then a 2 week (12/13 days actually) holiday :D

YIPPEEE... My holiday will definatly be filled with me riding my bike as well as anime and manga! 8) :P hehe
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
jee

Post by jee »

Anime Adaptations
The good, the bad, and the ugly.

O M W o.O
http://anime.ign.com/articles/878/878151p1.html
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

jee wrote:Anime Adaptations
The good, the bad, and the ugly.

O M W o.O
http://anime.ign.com/articles/878/878151p1.html
Rather interesting read :P
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Lack of seinen fans on this board seeing nobody mentioned this yet?

/ Clannad After Story : AniDB's official top 10.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Impressive to say the least. If Clannad was anything to measure how good this series is, I'm boiling with anticipation to watch After Story.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Not sure if you are interested in online games here -= http://www.animecubed.com/billy/?74627
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Darker Than Black 2 announced.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

That should be worthwhile. Is it a sequel?
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Don't know yet. Wont actually mind a prequel but will be happy with either.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

You make a good point. A prequel would better supplement the story.
R3D

Post by R3D »

i just read the last chapter of eyeshield 21 and i was immensely impressed by the ending. it was a awesome read with alot of underlying story lines. totally worth all my cap and time.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

ZeroS wrote:You make a good point. A prequel would better supplement the story.
And of course a sequel means no Amber.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

The MangaGamer.com company has announced at the Anime Expo convention in Los Angeles this weekend that it has licensed the rights to translate 07th Expansion's Higurashi: When They Cry (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni) suspense horror visual novel franchise. According to the company, the license includes the first eight personal computer games, which 07th Expansion calls "sound novels." MangaGamer.com plans to release the first part of the series at the end of October, followed by next one about two months later.

The game series inspired two television anime series, several video anime projects, two live-action films, and manga adaptations by several artists. Funimation has taken over North American distribution of the first Higurashi television series from Geneon Entertainment, but no announcement has been made yet of future Higurashi anime licenses in the region. Yen Press publishes one of the manga adaptations in North America.
ANN
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Games Getting Localized

Source
Evade

Post by Evade »

amped for darker than black 2 :D
walk the dark path, sleep with angels

-assassin of the pride-
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Shall be watching that soon.

From the current crop I'm impressed with Requiem for the Phantom (awesome show), Umineko no Naku Koro ni (think Higurashi with mature characters) and Bakemonogatari (coolest show I've seen in a while).
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

ImageImage
Hei and Yin are now on the run after betraying the Syndicate in the previous season. After leaving Japan, Hei encounters Suou Pavlichenko, a 13 year old Eurasian girl who becomes embroiled in the war and politics of the various factions and Contractors vying for power. Meanwhile, Hell's Gate remains standing in Tokyo, after Hei's efforts to stop the Saturn Ring anti-Gate particle weapon from activating. Although Contractors are safe from the danger of having their existences erased, this does not prevent new and old Contractors from abusing their powers. As Misaki Kirihara and her team in the Public Security Bureau deal with the increasing Contractor cases, she also has to keep the Syndicate at bay, who has major positions in the Japanese police and intelligence bureaus around the world.
Soon enough.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

No, your eyes are not deceiving you.

An anonymous source revealed that they received these screenshots from an employee that works for Studio 4°C . They’re the company responsible for Spriggan; Tekkon Kinkreet; The Animatrix - "Beyond" ; Gotham Knight -"Have I Got A Story For You", "Working Through Pain" and they were responsible for Linkin Park - "Breaking the Habit" music video.
Certain sources suggest that the company is working on a new animated adaptation of Berserk.
Sounds a bit fishy if you ask me, I’ll wait until Kentaro Miura confirms this story. I’ve heard that Kentaro Miura is keeping busy with Idol Master these days.
Rules that an Evil Overlord must live by!

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

hmmm does anyone know when seikirei season two will be out?
Evade

Post by Evade »

Rayne wrote:Hei and Yin are now on the run after betraying the Syndicate in the previous season. After leaving Japan, Hei encounters Suou Pavlichenko, a 13 year old Eurasian girl who becomes embroiled in the war and politics of the various factions and Contractors vying for power. Meanwhile, Hell's Gate remains standing in Tokyo, after Hei's efforts to stop the Saturn Ring anti-Gate particle weapon from activating. Although Contractors are safe from the danger of having their existences erased, this does not prevent new and old Contractors from abusing their powers. As Misaki Kirihara and her team in the Public Security Bureau deal with the increasing Contractor cases, she also has to keep the Syndicate at bay, who has major positions in the Japanese police and intelligence bureaus around the world.
Soon enough.[/quote]

i've had the 1st ep just ova a month now, wana get all 12 b4 i watch it, though im been seriously tempted
walk the dark path, sleep with angels

-assassin of the pride-
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

So, we can see this:

and this:

and this:

(sorry, really wanted to show the scene where little Rika stabs herself in the head with a butchers knive but hey, what do you know... even Google doesn't have it)

or this: (which I'll rather not show...)

But, we can't see this:

without a shirt on?
In the days since we announced the acquisition of the anime "Dance in the Vampire Bund," we have been following the varied responses from within the anime community to our decision to edit specific scenes from its streaming and later home entertainment release.
First, out of concern for our distribution partners and advertisers, we will continue to make minor edits to the episodes which are available via free streaming and television broadcast due to the readily accessible nature of these platforms. We will be careful to keep such edits to a minimum.

However, FUNimation is — as always — committed to bringing the best anime content to the United States in its unedited form on home video. Therefore, we are evaluating the release of the series in unedited and uncensored form for home video. Since only 7 episodes have broadcast in Japan, final determination must be reserved until all episodes can be reviewed to ensure compliance with current U.S. law.

We would like to thank everyone in the anime community for the feedback provided to us on this matter — your opinions count.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... bund-edits
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/php ... p?t=128323
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... bund-edits
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/php ... p?t=128176

No, I'm not disagreeing with it.

And in other news I assume all our resident Bleachies saw this :

"What do you mean, traced? Rofl.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Incarnate

The two biggest stories in recent months.

Discuss.
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

any1 who watched K-ON S1 and maybe going on with S2?

with which anime would you compare it, in terms of a general genre?

want to check out:

Occult Highschool
Highschool of the Dead
K-ON

for something new instead of doing a re-watch of everything I have.

also busy getting FMA: Brotherhood
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

Just finish watching an anime called stein's gate the art work ,is fantastic and the character models are easy on the eyes. The storyline is brilliant but requires an extensive knowledge of physics, the opening few episodes might be confusing and detereoe but if you power through and comete this 24 episode anime you will be rewarded with a brilliant storyline that ties up neatly

This is an anime that I highly recommend to any anime fan