New anime.. and manga

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
jee

New anime.. and manga

Post by jee »

In coming months, anime's three most prominent directors will release major films in the US. Oshii's Innocence will hit theaters in September. Soon afterward, Katsuhiro Otomo will debut Steamboy, an Indiana Jones-style adventure that takes place in an alternative Victorian age where turbo unicycles and pressure-powered jetpacks battle for supremacy. Then Hayao Miyazaki will deliver Howl's Moving Castle, about a teenage girl who flees a curse by hiding in a gigantic mechanical castle that prowls about on insectlike legs. In addition, Disney will issue three older Miyazaki films on DVD early next year, two of which have never before been released in the US.

More at wired

Wonder when we will see it here...:(
Last edited by jee on 07 Apr 2005, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Prime

Post by Prime »

cool

but they probably wont appear in this country.
simmy

Post by simmy »

Thanks jee!!!

Here's a online anime mag I got from the BB Forums, LO Magazine, in one of them Steamboy is featured :D

Cool site for anime news: Anime News Network
Last edited by simmy on 01 Sep 2004, 09:27, edited 2 times in total.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Yeah I'd like to see them in the cinema.
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

Kaena - The Lost Prophecy is starting soon on circuit, pretty cool CGI flick, I hope that we do get to see some decent anime on circuit as well
In The Name Of God,Impure Souls Of The Living Dead Shall Be Banished Into Eternal Damnation,Amen
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

will be very good if it happens.
I am the Hitokiri that makes it rain blood.....
- Himura Battousai.
jee

Post by jee »

naaice simmy! i will play a bit! :lol:
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Narkath

Post by Narkath »

*sigh* I don't even look at anime news anymore; it's just too dissapointing because I know the chances of my seeing it here is too slim.
*more sighing*
Prime

Post by Prime »

i hope its not as disturbing and sick as som of my friends anime. it better not have tentacle monsters either
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

that is Hentai, anime is very different
In The Name Of God,Impure Souls Of The Living Dead Shall Be Banished Into Eternal Damnation,Amen
simmy

Post by simmy »

What are you watching at the moment?
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

besides Naruto & Full Metal Alchemist absolutely anything I've got about 200gigs on my HDD at the moment so I have some serious watching ahead of me, luckily leave is just arounf the corner...
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

simmy wrote:What are you watching at the moment?
tenjou tenge, naruto, full metal alchemist, x, kenshin
- Himura Battousai.
simmy

Post by simmy »

Till what ep you's got Naruto? I see 99 was fansubbed release today.

Snap now I need 99 eps to download! :cry:

Im watching Hunter X Hunter, finished Kenshin all 95(?) of them :o ORO!
Last edited by simmy on 02 Sep 2004, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

got up to 98 of naruto. and up to 75 of kenshin plus the ova's and the movie.
- Himura Battousai.
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

where do you guys get the episodes from??
when in doubt, paddle out... ;)
jee

Post by jee »

I have been saying some rather rude things lately... have bought some dvds from the Warehouse and somehow my dvd player does not tant to play Vanpire Hunter D - Bloodlust :cry: :( :x
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

I got up to 96 of Naruto & I will get around to getting the rest mayB @ the next lan, I got 95 Kenshin & all OVA, X was cool I guess I will start Hunter x Hunter next...
Narkath

Post by Narkath »

Jee, do you have a multi-zone dvd player? it could be that the dvd you bought can only be played on zone 1 compatible players.
jee

Post by jee »

Narkath, I have to admit that the dvd player is like my washing machine.... I have a block when it comes to figuring the thing out... :oops: But the other dvds that I bought with this one are all the same... but I will check, thanks.
Prime

Post by Prime »

um actually i do understand the difference between anime and hentai. but some anime is still seriously disturbing. try lain. episode 8 (rumours)
FluffKing

Post by FluffKing »

What about the last episode of Excel Saga?

They suddenly "lost the censor" and Hyatt's blood spits suddenly became revoltingly realistic, Excel and Hyatt go lesbian and all the female characters end up naked (or half-naked) by the end of the show.

I know the series rips off all forms of Japanimation, but seriously, the last episode was a shocking contrast to the wacky first 25 episodes.
PM for details
Narkath

Post by Narkath »

FluffKing wrote:What about the last episode of Excel Saga?

They suddenly "lost the censor" and Hyatt's blood spits suddenly became revoltingly realistic, Excel and Hyatt go lesbian and all the female characters end up naked (or half-naked) by the end of the show.
Got to see that one.

Actually, hentai is anime.
jee

Post by jee »

actually, if you look at the original fairy tales... they were somewhat similar to what anime are.... not sweet Disney children stuff... the original fairly tales where for adults, rauncy, and harsh...
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

Actually, hentai is anime.
Quite right, but hentai is the perverted form of anime but then that is what hentai means of course & then ecchi is nudity