New anime.. and manga

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
PsyCLown

Re: New anime.. and manga

Post by PsyCLown »

Rayne...why you selling your Kannagi pre-orders :P :lol:

Rayne, which group you getting Soul Eater from? Seems like all the good ones dropped as a few groups got take down notices :(
I was getting the Late Night Versions from Rumbel :cry:
Id like to stick to getting the Late Night Versions if possible, you know any of the groups still doing the Late Night Version? :D
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Yeah unfortunately not everyone likes giving their shows away for free. I pulled Rumbel's upto #28 and now I'm just downloading whatever I see on BTDDL first.

Speaking of I need more ddl's. I'll list my usuals later then you guys can help me with a few more please.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Hmm, I did the same. Rumbel till 28, now ill go download a few others and see which seems like the best.

Also you mean a few of your sites you use for anime DDL's?
Or specific DDLs for certain anime series?
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

I've only last seen #32 which were Tadashi's releases but they got served too so I don't know... If you find good subs tell me. I'm not looking forward to name changes and the likes this far into a show. I'll wait a bit before resuming.

And yes I need ddl's please. You uncapped? Where are you getting your shows from? Give me a few and I'll update the other thread. As for me I pull from these (speeds as per 4Mb line) :

- http://www.bleachexile.com (Sign up | SD | Mixed subs | Multiple connections | Single file only | 300-440kB/s | Good if used to fill gaps | Updated hourly)
- http://www.boontan.net (Sign up | HD | Good subs | Multiple connections | Single file only | 150-440kB/s | Good for ongoing HD collections | Updated daily)
- http://www.baka-wolf.com (Sign up | SD & HD | Good subs | Multiple connections | Single file only | 300-440kB/s | Good for ongoing collections | Updated hourly)
- http://lolipower.org (Sign up | SD & HD | Good subs | Multiple connections | Single file only | 70-300kB/s | Good for most | Updated hourly)
- http://www.chauthanh.info (Sign up not required | SD | Good subs | 2 connections only | Single file only | 100-200kB/s | Huge collection)

All free.

I'm not interested in the AnimeEDEN's, Anime-ME's or AnimeBW's with throttled to hell 18kB/s servers. I'm also not interested in offsite hosting like Animea.

So what else is there?
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Hmm, ok. Ill get the rest of where Tadashi got upto...

Then ill start searching for another group.
Nope, not uncapped :( I have a high cap though! :D

Also you sure lolipower allow multiple connections? Last time I tried using IDM they banned me for a while due to me using too many connections :-/ Perhaps its changed since then?

Err, I normally dont use DDL's... I normally use torrents/IRC/the fansubbers website.
Otherwise I also use lolipower every now and then and I make use of Warez sites, although you preferably need a premium Rapidshare.com or Megaupload.com account and you dont always get the nice HD/decent fansubber versions on the warez sites, although quite often you can if you look hard enough :D

There is also:
http://www.fansub.tv/ (Normally have a DDL for non licensed shows)
Then there was another site, but seems as if its been suspended.

I can PM you some of the warez sites I use for anime if you want? Cant post them here publically though.

EDIT: Found this site... Has some DDLs, but seem to be MU.com links :?
http://www.anikat.com/

Spoiler (show)
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Envy...
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Sounds easier than it is ZeroS so no loss mate. I'm not uncapped either.

Psy, nah don't send me those. I used both those in the past. FansubTV uses their own dl utility I know and AniKat I don't like, deleted the bookmark. And yeah I use FDM and always pull at anything from 2 -12 connections from Loli. They are bots hey so they work like IRC would. If their full then you must wait and if you hammer them they will ban you or a popup will tell you to po. That's why I donlt like IRC anymore. Won a few 2 hour vacations to ban island myself. When you dl a file from Loli wait 5 minutes after it finished before going to the next. More connections. Also bans aren;t a real problem 'cause they clear their user base weekly. You can even register your prior username again.

Btw here's Monster, Mai-HiME and Death Note for whoever still wants it. Got Mai-HiME and pulled Monster upto #40 from there, it's fast.

Oh and there are currently no Late Night Show Soul Eater subs since Rumbel's. At least not any watchable I think.

EDIT : There are - http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=cmt&id=11363

And here's Amazon Japan's top 10 sales for the period December 2007 - November 2008 :

1. Evangelion: 1.0 You Are [Not] Alone
2. Kara no Kyoukai volume 1
3. Macross Frontier volume 1
4. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 volume 1
5. Mobile Suit Gundam Movie Memorial Box
6. Clannad volume 3
7. Lucky Star OVA
8. Gundam 00 volume 7
9. Gintama season 3 volume 1
10. Ookiku Furikabutte volume 1

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... s-cds-toys

Though I am a huge Eva fan I was really expecting KnK to take #1. Imo it surpasses everything I've seen of what 2008 had to offer.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

AWW YEH!!!! AllHailExcaliber FTW!!! 8)
As I finish downloading the Tadashi releases :lol: Well I guess I can bin thoes once I have the Excliber releases up till the latest Tadashi release :P

Ahh, good to know if I need to use lolipower again! :D

I dont know where you guys stay, but you are welcome to come round to my place and get some anime from me at any time!
I have all of Monstor, 70 episodes IIRC? Got them in an a avi contaier. Iv also got Mai-Hime and Death Note...

Also funny thing is that this morning a friend of mine was drunk and thought of an idea...You get some pretty good ideas when you drunk, well, he does at times at least....
Pretty much we were thinking of starting a site similar to BleachExile...
Well, offer anime DDL's and so on... THe only problem is getting the money for a dedicated server...
It like at least R500 per month for a dedicated server with a 200Mbit line and 640GB space, a Core 2, with 2GB of RAM...

EDIT: Any of you watching Earl and Fairy by any chance? Just finished watching the first 2 episodes... The story is rather different to what I have watched...
The fairy element could make it rather interesting, I guess overall its just something fun to watch :P
A bit girlyish perhaps :lol: But its not boring me at least! :mrgreen:
Running Windows, proper uncapped though...

We will see what we can do, the main killer is the setup fee which you have to pay to the providers though... Soo, for the first month you looking at R1200 or so for the server and then from there after R500 for the server with the above specs. Not too bad considering what you are getting though.

But we will see what happens, if it does take off ill let you guys know and ill make sure that we have proper fansub releases on there and dont mix and match like some other places do :roll:

BTW...ZeroS...im completely lost with your post :|

Spoiler (show)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

I currently pay R70 per Gb.

As such I'll pay you the R500 monthly with a smile. However, should you get something like this up and running it will have to be local invite only because once a new ddl site's on Google you'll get raped, badly, and with SA's bandwidth costs this will no longer be viable. HD shows weighs in at almost 400Mb an episode lately with 24/26 episode shows spanning 3 DVD's.

That's why these sites don't last. Everyone and his mates raping the servers. Just look at Baka-Wolf's montly donation requirements, it's a few grand, US. So be aware what you'll be getting yourself into.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Rayne wrote:I currently pay R70 per Gb.

As such I'll pay you the R500 monthly with a smile. However, should you get something like this up and running it will have to be local invite only because once a new ddl site's on Google you'll get raped, badly, and with SA's bandwidth costs this will no longer be viable. HD shows weighs in at almost 400Mb an episode lately with 24/26 episode shows spanning 3 DVD's.

That's why these sites don't last. Everyone and his mates raping the servers. Just look at Baka-Wolf's montly donation requirements, it's a few grand, US. So be aware what you'll be getting yourself into.
No no no, it wont be local servers.
Also I know it will be expensive and extremely bandwidth consuming, thats why we shall have to think of some sort of system that will allow us to keep the leechers happy and cover the costs for the servers and so on.

We only came up with the idea this morning... We will discuss it a bit more...
Just need to get a site coder and then we will worry about getting the media PCs.
My friend stays in the US as well, not here in SA...

Iv been looking at offshore hosting and dedicated hosting in Russia and China.etc
Prices are mad, but then its expected, although not needed as long as we keep the anime on there nice and new :D

Spoiler (show)
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

Got word yesterday that I can rape the work's 512 unapped adsl till further notice. That really puts me in a good mood. Currently pulling all of Kannagi that is out.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

PsyCLown wrote: BTW...ZeroS...im completely lost with your post :|
Nuke wrote:Got word yesterday that I can rape the work's 512 unapped adsl till further notice. That really puts me in a good mood. Currently pulling all of Kannagi that is out.
Not being part of an elite group = Envy :(
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Nuke wrote:Got word yesterday that I can rape the work's 512 unapped adsl till further notice. That really puts me in a good mood. Currently pulling all of Kannagi that is out.
But its 512K :?
Take the acc and use it at home on a 4Mbit line, im sure the account will give you 4Mbit speeds! :D
ZeroS wrote:
PsyCLown wrote: BTW...ZeroS...im completely lost with your post :|
Not being part of an elite group = Envy :(
I see... But im not uncapped... ;)

Spoiler (show)
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Uncapped, organised, sorted out, etc. are all riding the same train. ;)
I dont know where you guys stay, but you are welcome to come round to my place and get some anime from me at any time!
Well, I only manage to visit and leech anime from my local source once every 2 months or so, therefore, gold... I mean time permitting, I'll be holding you to this!
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

ZeroS wrote:Uncapped, organised, sorted out, etc. are all riding the same train. ;)
Well, I only manage to visit and leech anime from my local source once every 2 months or so, therefore, gold... I mean time permitting, I'll be holding you to this!
Well, dunno how organised or sorted I am :? But alright = :P :lol:

Yeh, sure, as long as im home.etc Perhaps depending on what you want SMS me or PM me first to make sure I have it as I dont always keep upto date with anime regularly...
I often try to do it more than once a week or I do it whenever I feel like it or have time...

I need to get bigger HDDs though :(

Perhaps 2x 750GBs to replace my 2x 320GBS and then a 1.5TB to replace my 500GB...

Yeh, that should work well... 1.5TB for anime and manga and then the 2x 750GBs for other things ;)
But money is always a problem :(

ZeroS...where do you stay by the way?

Spoiler (show)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Pft...
Kannagi Ceases Publication : Otaku Blamed

In a shocking an unexpected development, crazy shrine maiden manga Kannagei has ceased publication indefinitely. Fingers have instantly been pointed at the recent extreme actions of otaku “fans”.

The announcement, carried in the latest issue of ComicREX (where Kannagi is serialised), states that the health of mangaka 武梨えり/ Eri Takenashi is unsound, and so publication is to be suspended with immediate effect.

The magazine begs the forbearance of fans in awaiting further developments, but gives no timeframe for a resumption of publication, and gives no further information on what prompted the suspension.

Further details of publication are set to be published in ComicREX as they arise.

Since no specific reason for the “ill health” is given, speculation that this is related to the recent storm of criticism over the so-called “second-hand Nagi” issue is rife.

Some say that as the author is a lady, she may have been particularly upset over the recent fracas – whilst perhaps unfair, this does have at least a ring of truth to it. Certainly, with such maniacally excessive behaviour on display, few could fail to understand how the author might be affected.

Of course, there is the possibility of a genuine illness.

I am sure Kannagi fans will join me in wishing Takenashi a swift recovery from whatever ails her, and in cursing the wretched virgin hunting otaku who may be responsible. Let us hope Kannagi does not join the unhappy ranks of abandoned manga never to be resumed…
Fkn otaku's.

Psy : Oh. Still say it's not viable but still interested. Pm me when (if) you oke's get this off the ground.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Rayne wrote:Psy : Oh. Still say it's not viable but still interested. Pm me when (if) you oke's get this off the ground.
Sure, will do so. Got a forum up so far... But will let you know once we got the site up and preferably the media servers too :D ;)

Spoiler (show)
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

AnimeNewsnetwork wrote: Cease & Desist Letters for Eva: 1.0, Soul Eater Fansubs

The North American anime distributor FUNimation has confirmed on Monday that it issued cease-and-desist letters on behalf of its Japanese partners to stop the fan-subtitled distribution of the Evangelion: 1.0 You (Are) Not Alone, Soul Eater, Spice + Wolf, Mushi-Uta, and My Bride is a Mermaid! projects. According to Funimation, it has "recent authorization agreements with Kadokawa, NTV, Media Factory, and TV Tokyo Medianet" to send these letters. The Nyoron Fansubs group reports that the cease-and-desist letter for the Evangelion: 1.0 You (Are) Not Alone film was sent on behalf of NTV.

Funimation notes, as it has in past cease-and-desist efforts, "We want to stress that though these series are not yet licensed to a distribution company in the U.S., the rights owned by Japanese producers are still applicable, and enforceable, worldwide. "

Funimation also continued to send out cease-and-desist letters for the D.Gray-man and Katekyo Hitman Reborn! anime, as it has been doing since earlier this year. Funimation announced it had acquired D.Gray-man this past May.
It would seem that everyone is intent on protecting his or her property, but I don’t think it would stop those who take things without paying.
Rules that an Evil Overlord must live by!

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Meh, oh well.

Seen Spice and Wold...
Regarding Soul Eater... All hail excaliber? :P
Evangelion 1.0...that was a DVD release... If you purchased the Japanese version and got a subtitled fansub? Also there were no english subtitle on the Japanese DVD release?

Spoiler (show)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Of course not.

Read that a while ago already. Means nothing.

Gonzo's Strike Witches they streamed for free and it was their best selling DVD this year. Now I wonder how that can be...
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Rayne wrote:Of course not.

Read that a while ago already. Means nothing.

Gonzo's Strike Witches they streamed for free and it was their best selling DVD this year. Now I wonder how that can be...
LOLICONS!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler (show)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Russian Government Censors to Investigate GTO Anime

Censorship committee member criticizes GTO as "pedophiliac propaganda"

Russia's governmental censorship committee is investigating the local television showings of the GTO anime series for allegedly including gratuitous, frequent use of "close-ups of the lower half of female bodies, child pornography, sexual abnormalities, violence, cruel acts," and other issues. Rossvyazkomnadzor committee member Vladimir Annushkin requested the investigation and claimed, "[GTO] was not overtly created as such, but it has become pedophiliac propaganda." He also claimed that the anime makes the viewers think that prostitution and theft are all right because it deals with these themes in a completely humorous light.

Artist Tohru Fujisawa originally created GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka) as a manga about a former biker gang leader who decides his true calling is to teach trouble-making students at a private middle school. 2X2, an animation channel for young adults, is currently running GTO in Russia. A 2X2 spokeswoman said that the company was aware of Annushkin's criticism, but had not received the formal notice.

In a previous move in March, a group of Protestant leaders in Russia had asked the attorney general to ban broadcasts of the anime Ikki Tousen, the American animated series South Park and Sealab 2021, and up to ten more series for similar issues. A 2x2 representative defended these other programs by pointing out that Russia is a secular country and that the legally permitted broadcasts were aimed at adults watching after 10:00 p.m. In October, Rossvyazkomnadzor identified what it considered to be excessive amounts of violent acts in South Park and the other animated projects on 2X2, and threatened to rescind 2X2's broadcast license. In the end, the government committee just ordered the station to review its content and granted it permission to broadcast for the next five years.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -gto-anime

GTO? WTF? More pathetic it cannot get. GTO's a series I'll recommend to anyone.

Oh and ANN's got Kite Liberator up for viewing. US only though. Also saw YouTube now sporting 720p HD. This makes the streamed shows worth it. Telkom needs get their act together and they need do so fast.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

I have yet to see GTO so cant comment too much on that... Although it does sound like a lot of BS IMO...

AFAIK Russia havent signed the Cyber laws making it still one of the prefered places to have servers with illegal content on, correct?
So they dont have a problem with that, although with an anime series that iv heard to be extremely brilliant, they have a problem due to a few things which most likely help set the theme for the anime and so on. :roll:

Also yeh, Telkom really need to sort themselves out...
We need faster lines, but more importantly bandwidht!! International bandwidth! SCREW LOCAL BANDWIDHT!! We got more than enough of that!
There wouldnt be much of a need for local bandwidth if we had international bandwidth. Apparently Telkom might upgrade the 4Mbit lines to 8Mbit sometime during the beginning of next year... Hope they do some drastic changes regarding bandwidth, soon too, like...very soon!!
Unlikely though :cry:

Spoiler (show)
R3D

Post by R3D »

started reading fairy tail manga. its damn good. if you enjoy the likes of one piece then you will like this
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Manga creator Kazuya Minekura (Saiyuki, Bus Gamer) reported on his blog on Wednesday that fellow creator Eri Takenashi "cannot move her body" after she abruptly stopped working on her Kannagi manga due to poor health. The editorial department of Monthly Comic Rex, Ichijinsha's magazine that publishes Bus Gamer and Kannagi, told the J-Cast website that Takenashi is unable to write and added that, if she recovers, she might explain what happened herself. The editors also insisted that the fan controversy over a plot revelation in the latest Kannagi installment had nothing to do with Takenashi's condition.
ANN

Well, she really is sick.

/ And Crunchyroll's now streaming in 720p too.