New anime.. and manga

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

Damn guys, someone's gonna have to hook me up with a fix sometime. My 1tb drive panged :(
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Got around to catching up on some shows earlier. Great Guardians is utter rubbish. Why did they turn Kanu into a lovestruck lesbian? WTF?! Completely ruined one of the shows strongest characters. Well, at least Ryofu is back so that's a plus. Not that any of us are watching it for it's story, but two episodes in and there's not been a decent fight yet. This may well turn out the worst of the three. Ah well, lots of ( . Y . ) and bottom... continues watching...

Vampire Kinight however is getting quite interesting now. I enjoyed catching up on this and look forward to the rest.

And Kurenai ended it's run. It was a good show. I'll update the other thread with Q2 '08 picks when I have time later.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

I downloaded Ayako's Ikkitousen GG release (only episdoe 1 and its an XviD AVI rip :? ) Ayako also moved their Ikkitousen 1-11 + HotSpring specials to the top of their BT tracker :twisted: :P

I just skipped through it...seems pretty much similar to the others...once again doesnt seem like it will have a great storyline...but then as you said, we arent watching it for th storyline ;) :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

Also apparently AEN will be subbing Ikkitousen GG as well? :? (I just heard that from a friend...AEN's site is still down and have been a bit too busy to confirm it in their IRC channel.)
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

No idea, I'll stick to Nightshade|Yesy. Trying to avoid Ayako anyway, they have a bad habit of leaving shows pending. Why would they pick up GG and Kamen no Maid Guy when there's already others subbing it and their own subs like Minami-ke Okawari (which finished months ago already) is still awaiting it's last three episodes? Kids. And if they keep on picking up crap like Kanokon I won't even bother ever looking at their releases again.

Anyways Gonzo will be streaming their new show Strike Witches the same time it airs in Japan as well.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Yeh, its also starting to irritate me (them pending certain shows like Kamen no Maid Guy).
Ill decide a bit later on as to who ill go with for Ikki GG :P
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto - Natsu no Sora

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Thoughts on this type of animation?
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Very different...looks realistic when its small.
That one with the zebra crossing...thoes building arent animated are they? 8O

Spoiler (show)
Ahzure

Re: New anime.. and manga

Post by Ahzure »

AnimeNewsNetwork.com

Hajime no Ippo Reportedly to Return to TV in January

This year's 42nd issue of Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine will reportedly announce that George Morikawa's Hajime no Ippo boxing manga will return to television in a new anime series in January of 2009. The story follows the path of Ippo Makunouchi as he rises from a shy high school boy to the ranks of Japan's best boxers — and eventually the world's. The first Hajime no Ippo television series ran in Japan from 2000 to 2002, and no new anime has been produced since then except for a 2003 television special and a 2003 video. The original manga has been continuously running in Shonen Magazine since 1989, and over 73 million copies of the 85 compiled volumes have been published.
I’m very excited and just hoping that the original cast members reprise their roles.
Rules that an Evil Overlord must live by!

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Hi Peeps,
Anyone know where I can buy

Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend (1986)
Directed by: Hadeki Takayama
Distributed by: Siren Entertainment
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Are all of the Anime on DVD's going to be for other regions than our own :?:
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

99% of it yes. Movies like Appelseed, Mononoke-Hime, Ghost In The Shell and a good couple more are licensed here by Ster Kinekor but in general their still not interested in bringing over anime. If it's not been in US cinema chances of them licensing distro here's probably nil.

Bad news for collectors but good news for downloaders.

Just get yourself a cheap DVD player (The decent ones are all region locked) and try to stick to R1 US imports (their generally better packaged and higher quality compared to their zone 4 counterparts).
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Thanks Rayne,
I am nor really interested in buying a TV. I have never had the desire to do so. I think I should propably go have a look at getting a firmware upgrade for my DVD drive.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

ooo, pretty.
I wonder how an amv will do it justice.
Core i5 3550 | 8GB RAM | 500W | Samsung T260 | GTX760 OC | 4.56TB HDD space
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Was Shana's second season better than the first?
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Nope.

The first few episodes were excellent and it had this feel that SnS was 'growing up', but thereafter it turned into a hotchpotch of flurry fights and looked messy. That's my thoughts on it anyways.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Shot for that. That's my impression of the first season hence why I wanted to know if things improve.

It dealt with a few good themes and gave the impression of becoming serious every now and then but never quite did. It lacked depth. It made me understand the situation but failed to actually make me feel anything for it. Aimed at youngsters, not really my thing.

Sayonara Shana.
Dustman

Post by Dustman »

Hi Guys

I loved the first season of IkkiTousen, only now found out they made new episodes. The first season ended so abruptly and am hoping to get some answers in the new series.

I do not have DSTV thus no Animax, does anybody have season 2 and season 3 of IkkiTousen? [me on my knees ..beg...beg...beg]

Will love to watch these.

Thanks in advance.
Dustman
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

WANTED

Shigurui second season.

From what I've researched, the anime was gleaned off a still running manga/novel, and as it stands, there isn't enough story to warrant a second season of an anime. Judging from the rate at which this story is being released, another berserk, another claymore, another series not done justice...

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Shigurui. Yeah... a strory about the showdown between two master swordsman... A fight you will never get to see...

/ Eva 2.0 only due to screen early summer 2009.

// Hectic month this, so many good new shows started... And I cannot dl any of it, hahaha.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Dustman wrote:Hi Guys

I loved the first season of IkkiTousen, only now found out they made new episodes. The first season ended so abruptly and am hoping to get some answers in the new series.

I do not have DSTV thus no Animax, does anybody have season 2 and season 3 of IkkiTousen? [me on my knees ..beg...beg...beg]

Will love to watch these.

Thanks in advance.
Dustman
I have the 2nd, no decent group has finished subbing the 3rd season in English.
Its only Chihiro who have complered the 3rd season in English and when it comes to quality they are all~ the way down at the bottom of the list :-/
Rayne wrote:Shigurui. Yeah... a strory about the showdown between two master swordsman... A fight you will never get to see...

/ Eva 2.0 only due to screen early summer 2009.

// Hectic month this, so many good new shows started... And I cannot dl any of it, hahaha.
Meh, thats a long time... I dont want to wait soo long to get all 4 of the Eva movies.

I dont want to pick up too much this season, there are a few I know I want to pick up and then ill prolly just get some more later on as I see some of my more likeable fansubbing groups do some releases of the series.

Spoiler (show)
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Where do you okes get your release info from? I just happen to occasionally check the calender at AniDB.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Aww yeh!!
Spice and Wolf 2nd seassong CONFIRMED!!!!

News is a bit old now, but stil AWESOME!!! :D xD :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -confirmed
The official Japanese website of the Spice and Wolf franchise has confirmed that a second television anime season has been green-lit. Director Takeo Takahashi and screenplay writer Naruhisa Arakawa will return for Spice and Wolf II. However, Toshimitsu Kobayashi (El Hazard: The Alternative World, Fate/stay night) will replace Kazuya Kuroda as the character designer and chief animation director. Likewise, the Brain's Base studio (MazinKaiser, The Boy Who Saw the Wind) will be animating instead of IMAGIN. The anime adapts Isuna Hasekura and Jū Ayakura's acclaimed novel series that avoids the usual sword-and-sorcery trappings of fantasy stories and focuses on how business (and religion) gets done in a medieval world — with a wolf girl. Jun Fukuyama and Ami Koshimizu will reprise their roles as the peddler Lawrence and the wolf girl Holo who embark on a journey together.

Although a North American license for the anime has not been announced yet, Yen Press did acquire the original light novels for English translation.

Moonphase
:| I always thought it was Horo, its apparently Holo? o_O

Spoiler (show)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Ayako... Even after being awarded best character after the novel trust kids to still get it wrong. I liked it too though and look forward to the rest. Knew it was coming the way season 1 ended.

As for Ikki Tousen rather stick to the manga, it's worlds appart. The anime was a mess. Dragon Destiny was watchable for all the wrong reasons but Great Guardians was a joke.