Fate stay night Ultimate blade works

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
RiaX

Fate stay night Ultimate blade works

Post by RiaX »

.... uhm has anyone seen this movie yet ? thought? i dont get the ending
Qrox

Re: Fate stay night Ultimate blade works

Post by Qrox »

I'm still busy downloading it. lol
Can't wait to see it. Loved the series so I'm hoping its good.
[Thermaltake Shark case] [Gigabyte Z68AP-D3] [Intel 2500k OC @ 4Ghz] [8Gb DDR3 1600 Ram] [MSI GTX670 Power Editon] [Seagate 3.55TB Total] [20x Sony Dvd Wrighter] [Thermaltake 700w Powersupply] [Samsung 27" LCD Monitor] [Windows 8 Professional 64bit]
endev8003

Post by endev8003 »

RiaX wrote:.... uhm has anyone seen this movie yet ? thought? i dont get the ending
I saw it. What don't you understand about it?
Three Sheets Dutong: That stuff tastes like vomit baked in a glaze of goat hair and garnished with a sprinkling of horse dung.
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

Fate
Stay
Night
Ultimate
Blade
Works

:?

WHAT!?
to ápeiro anima
endev8003

Post by endev8003 »

UrBaN wrote:Fate
Stay
Night
Ultimate
Blade
Works

:?

WHAT!?
Do you expect anime names to make sense?

It's based on a visual novel called "Fate/Stay Night". "Unlimited Blade Works" refers to the specific scenario. There are two other scenarios, "Fate" and "Heaven's Feel".
There is also a sequel visual novel, called "Fate/Hollow Ataraxia".

The series was mostly based on the "Fate" scenario, with some borrowing from others, so the storyline is different.
Three Sheets Dutong: That stuff tastes like vomit baked in a glaze of goat hair and garnished with a sprinkling of horse dung.
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

The drugs.

They impress.
to ápeiro anima
endev8003

Post by endev8003 »

Sorry, can't understand what you're talking about. I left my translation cap at home.
Qrox

Post by Qrox »

Watched it last night. Even though I played the game this was really confusing. Personally I think they should have made the movie 30 minutes longer so things made more sense or broken it up into 2 movies. The skips between events are just so big that if you didn't play the game most people will get totally lost with the story. On the other hand the visuals were AWESOME!!
[Thermaltake Shark case] [Gigabyte Z68AP-D3] [Intel 2500k OC @ 4Ghz] [8Gb DDR3 1600 Ram] [MSI GTX670 Power Editon] [Seagate 3.55TB Total] [20x Sony Dvd Wrighter] [Thermaltake 700w Powersupply] [Samsung 27" LCD Monitor] [Windows 8 Professional 64bit]
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

I agree, without the game its pretty confusing. And it misses most of Archers emotions during his battle with Shiro(it misses out on a lot of the other character interactions too) . I still enjoyed it though.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Saw this last night. Coming from the anine UBW moves very fast.

How was Archer able to come back in the end?

Btw I see ufotable's making Fate/Zero...
endev8003

Post by endev8003 »

How was Archer able to come back in the end?
Because he didn't die in that attack. I checked a wiki and it states that in the visual novel he managed to survive being stabbed by Shirou. There is no mention of the attack by Gilgamesh right after, so I'm assuming it has been added in the movie.

In the movie where you see Berserker and Assassin being killed, their bodies disappear in sparkles. This doesn't happen when Gilgamesh attacks Archer and Shirou. Archer is simply gone when the dust clears and everybody assumes he died.
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

i never played the game what am i missing?
endev8003

Post by endev8003 »

RiaX wrote:i never played the game what am i missing?
I haven't played it either. I just looked it up on the Type-Moon wiki, so it might be inaccurate.
Dustman1

Post by Dustman1 »

Qrox wrote:Watched it last night. Even though I played the game this was really confusing. Personally I think they should have made the movie 30 minutes longer so things made more sense or broken it up into 2 movies. The skips between events are just so big that if you didn't play the game most people will get totally lost with the story. On the other hand the visuals were AWESOME!!

I absolutely loved the series. If you watched the series you kind of follow what is happening, else I would have been very confused the pace is very fast. I agree, the movie would have been alot better with more meat to it, 30-35 minutes extra adding more descriptions on the different characters and their back story and motives.