Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Ahzure

Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru

Post by Ahzure »

Title: Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru
Mangaka: Baba Yasushi
Genre: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Sport, Seinen

At Reinan University, the development of sport is their primary focus. Much of the world’s top performing sport stars and Olympic medalists attended Reinan University.
Well one evening at the Gymnastics Club of Reinan University, Kohinata Minoru is cheering on his friend Misaki Nana as she practices her routine. Nana broke the rules by inviting Minoru to the club to watch her practice, fearing that Nana might get into trouble with the seniors (of the Gymnastics club) Minoru wishes to leave before they return. Unfortunately the seniors show up unexpectedly and as soon as they lay eyes on Minoru they begin to pummel him. Nana tries to intervene but she quickly becomes the focus of their rage. Horrified at the turn of events Minoru gathers his courage and begs them humbly to stop their assault on Nana.

Unbeknownst to all someone has witnessed the entire affair. At first, he thought he would see something “interesting” between Nana and Minoru. As things progressed, he got more and more disgusted with Minoru. Finally, he leaps into fray defeating the seniors (from the Gymnastics Club) they were just in his way, his real goal was to get his hands on Minoru and beat some sense into him.

When Minoru regains consciousness, he finds himself wearing a Gi. It turns out he was“saved” by Mutou Ruyji, who is a member of one the smallest Karate clubs at Reinan University. Upon hearing Minoru story, members of the Karate club ask him to join their ranks, promising that with hard work he’ll be strong enough to protect Nana.

Although he joins the Karate club Minoru seems to only be” going through the motions” but it’s not until is he finds the bloody beaten body of his friend Mamiya Seiji that his fuse is lit. When his instructor refuses to put him in the advance class ( correctly guessing Minoru wishes to use karate to avenge his friend) Minoru has an epiphany if wants to learn how to fight why not ask the man who loves to do nothing else but fight…

Kohinata Minoru
Minoru was kicked out of the Gymnastic Club by the senior members because they were caught bulling Minoru. After the “Mamiya” incident he became more dedicated to martial arts. His gymnastics background seems to have helped him acclimatize to Karate.

Misaki Nana
Nana has been told that she with her gymnastic ability she will make it to the Olympic Games one day. She has her reservation about Minoru joining the Karate club.

Kou Haruka
She‘s the captain of the Tae kwon Do club and she helped Minoru prepare for his first fight. Apparently, she used to date Mutou Ruyji

Mamiya Seiji
He is one of the first people to befriend Minoru at the Karate club. When he gave up kendo (to follow karate), he broke away from a tradition that has been with his family for generations. His older brother considered it an at of betrayal, later he would sent his little brother to the hospital with severe injuries.

Mutou Ruyji
He is a twenty-one year old student at Reinan University. On certain nights he dons a mask and instigates fights with martial artist at Reinan University. Amongst the people he battles are Olympic hopefuls, others a with high levels of skill and expertise yet at the end of the day he walks away little or no injuries while his opponents are rushed to hospital.
For some reason Mutou Ruyji reminds me a little of Guts (from Berserk) and Takamura (from Hajime no Ippo)

Firstly, the greatest thing about Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru (KSKM) is the fact that over thirty volumes have been published so far.
Spoiler (show)
unfortunately only four volumes have been translated so far
If you like, Hajime no Ippo then please check out KSKM.
I see so much potential for this manga plus I can’t wait for the manga to focus on some female fighters
You might not like Minoru at first because the supporting characters tend to steal the spotlight but give him time to grow.
Rules that an Evil Overlord must live by!

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.