Haruka and the Magic Mirror Trailer

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
larch

Haruka and the Magic Mirror Trailer

Post by larch »

Remember your favorite teddy bear, that toy car you used to play with? The picture book you used to read over and over again, when you were a child. What happens to all your childhood treasures when you grow up? In Oblivion Island: Haruka and the Magic Mirror the latest CG project brought to us by Production I.G. A young girl named Haruka discovers fantastic creatures that gather all these childhood treasures that fall into oblivion as they are forgotten and lost by their owners when they become adults. These creatures sneak into our world from a different dimension, unseen by normal human beings. They take all the lost and forgotten “treasures” into their world. Where they use these items to build their own city a place called “Oblivion Island.”

So it seems that after 3 years of working on this new CG movie, that Production I.G is almost ready to release it to the general public in early 2009. And as the regular readers of my blog would know by now I am a big fan of Production I.G’s work. And that is one of the many reasons I am looking forward to this movie. Reportedly the film is being created with a new proprietary animation system that translates hand-drawn images into 3D CG. Production I.G. and Fuji TV hope that this new animation technology will allow them to compete with the popularity of major Hollywood produced CG animation films. Check out the 30 second trailer below!

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EolHsaRTY18
PsyCLown

Re: Haruka and the Magic Mirror Trailer

Post by PsyCLown »

I am not mad about the animation style... The CG. Although the story seems as if it could be interesting.
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.