New Fullmetal Alchemist TV Series Teaser

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
larch

New Fullmetal Alchemist TV Series Teaser

Post by larch »

Four months ago I reported that a new Fullmetal Alchemist series has been confirmed. As some of you may recall there was some news leaked about this about three month ago which caused a huge uproar in the online anime community. Which also caused Studio Bones to scramble and find the leak and take the appropriate legal action against them. But back then it was simply just seen as a rumor an nothing else. Well today a small Teaser/Trailer/Preview was shown after episode 10 of Gundam 00 (Second Season), it is only 15 seconds long but take note of the starting date. It seems it will start airing in early April 2009.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlF4UHOB3Ts
Off-The-Chart

Re: New Fullmetal Alchemist TV Series Teaser

Post by Off-The-Chart »

and so the new "version" has started...

first ep wasn't too bad and it started on a whole different level than the previous 1...

does look like it might be a bit more interesting than the previous version and hopefully, as according to statements that it will be following the manga more closely, we will see some more action and a longer running series...
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Animation and voice-acting took a hit, too much humor too. Will see how this turns out, it's FMA after all.

Pulled Shinsen's and then saw Eclipse also picked this up. Either's fine by me so I'll stick with them.
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

yeah the humor seemed a tad bit much and that was just one ep...

also thought the voices were a bit different, although at first "glance" to me only Mustang sounded a bit "feminine"...

but will also see how this one turns out... it might just give it's pre-decessor a run for it's money...
VoxynQueen

Post by VoxynQueen »

I didn't think the voices or animation were off at all.
I wasn't expecting or wanting an identical clone in that regard.

The humour was a bit high, but not so high that I wanted it to be more serious.

Second episode is nice.

YAY for FMA.

:D

Predecessor is one word.
;)
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

lol Voxyn... for a boer I speak/type better english than most english people, so a mistake here and there is more than acceptable :P

almost forgot about this but just started downloading ep2 so will see how it is...

yeah think FMA does need a bit of humour otherwise it would be too "stiff"...
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Throwing a bit of humor into any given 51x episdode show is fine by all means but once applying it to same 12x episode show (which, at the rate things are going atm, like the Tucker arc concluded in a single episode, is what this seems like to me) it becomes a bit too much. Personally I don't like comedy in every fourth scene. FMA can be a few things but it can never be classified funny.

Master : Wtf did you do?
Students : We transmuted our mom...
Master : *Insert a**whoopin*
Students : *Cries*
Master : *Grouphug*

That's the FMA I remember.

However, I approve of episode #5. It's moving a little fast but even so, keep it up and this will become a favorite once again.
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

from what you have watched so far Rayne, would you definitely give it a 5 star for somebody who hasn't seen the original FMA?

I have found myself stopping at ep 2 as already there I found myself just browsing through it... I guess I should give it a shot since it seems to already be different than the original, though I tend to dislike the flashback flashback flashback which puts me off of a show way too easily...
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Not yet no. Watch a bit more of it though, it gets better and things are playing out completely different. It seems the first deviated greatly from manga but personally I don't care. I'm never going to touch the manga and there was nothing wrong with the first season imo. I'm biased because I've seen all of it however.

Newcomers to FMA should like it but it's not one of the best yet.

Also not quite sure how long this is going to be. This season spans only 13 episodes but they said they'll continue with it until the manga ends? Are we getting this in seasonal batches?
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

I did not realize the difference between manga and anime were this great. I have not been watching any anime for a while now but decided to catch up with this last night and it’s starting to look really good, like the FMA we all know should.

#19, awesome, awesome episode.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

I've watched 3 eps and they're quite good. I'm a bit of a FMA newb though, I read some of the manga and haven't seen the old series at all.
t3h blog
"Hail Eärendil, of mariners most renowned, the looked for that cometh at unawares, the longed for that cometh beyond hope! Hail Eärendil, bearer of light before the Sun and Moon! Splendour of the Children of Earth, star in the darkness, jewel in the sunset, radiant in the morning!"

Of the Voyage of Eärendil , The Silmarillion
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

TV stats, FMA vs FMA 2009

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0's speeding towards rock-bottom too.

Not your day Bones?
VoxynQueen

Post by VoxynQueen »

I saw that graph too.

They're both anime I like very much.
:D
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

I actually picked up Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 just last night and I couldn't believe it when I noticed it earlier. The episodes (1-5) I saw actually got me hooked (haven't been watching much for a while thus now way behind, planned to just touch here and there and ended up watching most of the show), it's really good, especially in it's realistic setting.

I believe people are up in arms because of episode 8, which I'll watch tonight. I would hate for this to turn sour though, I'm already caring for these kids.

As for FMA, well I'm enjoying it too now (took me a while to get into it) but to be honest from all the better-rated currently airing shows, the next episode of FMA is not the one I'm looking forward to most. That spot's reserved for Phantom.

I'll share some thoughts on a few shows in the other thread later, though I see most you oke's have been keeping quiet for a while too.
VoxynQueen

Post by VoxynQueen »

Tokyo Magnitude episode 8 was excellent.

People who don't like it must be broken inside.
Spoiler (show)
Having bad dreams that seem super realistic is very realistic.
I would have cried if it was real.
That's how good the anime is.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

I see what they did there.

@ VoxynQueen :
Spoiler (show)
Uncertainty divided viewers into he is and he isn’t camps, both arguing for and against. Righty then. Bones don’t like killing off main characters, fact. This is a brand new development not solely from the Bones’ stable, fact.

I would have liked to see episode 9 before stating my view but without that luxury right now I’ll side with the first group – he is dead, and Mirai isn’t dreaming, she is in denial. Episode 8’s happenings just led me to reach this conclusion.

- Legal documents? Drafted after hospitalization? Not good.
- Mari was trying to reach their parents. Why? The arrangement all along was to make their way to her home as its first en route.
- Mari spoke only to Mirai without even making eye contact with Yuuki the entire episode.
- Mari is saddened.
- Shadowed facial expression after having spoken to Mirai.
- She seems distanced intentionally, waking behind Mirai for the very first time in the show. To me it seems she’s keeping an eye on Mirai because she’s still figuring out how to break the news to her.
- In the final scene focus is on Mirai alone, leading us to believe Yuuki disappeared into the crowd.
- This little brat’s world turned upside-down in an instant. Her very journey home has been a fight for survival thus far. When death she’s been subjected to all this time finally hits home, how much stress can a child’s mind really take? Her delusion’s not that far-fetched.
- I noted the dreaded word “White” in episode title. Yes, I’m looking at you Clannad After Story episode 16.

I guess we’ll know soon enough but, personally, I’m hoping this wasn’t just an obviously cheap ploy to fool their audience.
/ end OT.
VoxynQueen

Post by VoxynQueen »

Those are all excellent points.
Never thought of it that way.
If it's true I will cry.

But I'll definitely keep watching as it would be an amazing development.
Reticulated

Post by Reticulated »

I started watching it but couldnt really get past the second episode..
just a little confusing seeing as I watched the old FMA and loved it.
Love the Intro..!!
Il push on and get hooked as always..
VoxynQueen

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Post by VoxynQueen »

Anyone not watching this is stupid.
Possibly offensive as it is to say it.
If you claim to like anime, you cannot be missing this.

Episode 51 is pure, unfiltered awesomeness.