Kara no Kyoukai

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Rayne

Re: Kara no Kyoukai

Post by Rayne »

But serious Shiki is serious... so that look's just fine. And chapter 4's just 37 minutes. Ah well no problem, chapter 5's 2 hours. Chapter 6's screening the 20th -

ImageImageImageImageImage

http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/50763671.html

I hope this is subed by tonight... The series should end by July 2009.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

End as in being shown in cinema and not released on DVD, correct? :(

Chapter 4 looks good!! Can't wait!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Although ill still have to download it and need to watch Chapter 3 still, will do that tonight! :D
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

The DVD dates, 6 months after cinema. And the above caps from chapter 6 not 4.

And guess what just went up... :twisted: TakaJun's godlike. Now to just wait an hour or two for the seeders to balance the leechers...
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Oooh, chapter 6... ^_^

hehe, I know :twisted: :twisted: Just popped in to mension that... Although im a bit late, having been lurking for anything.

Rayne, where do you get most of your news and updates from? You use RSS feeds, forums? Combination?

Please do share :P
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

No, just these really :

http://anidb.net (Still the best way to check releases, updated by the minute)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com (General industry related stuff)
http://forums.animesuki.com (Fansubbers themselves post here so everything happens here first. Sometimes hard to keep up with certain topics though, I tend not to get involved much)
http://otaku.fm (General, updated by the minute. This is how I find good blogs)
http://www.dannychoo.com (General, updated by the minute. He was on CNN this oke, decent site)

/ Still waiting for more seeders... No ddl yet...
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

Atlast. Just started downloading. I really hope it will be done by tonight. 37min is a bit short side, but should be an awesome watch. Will post my views when done, hopely before midnight tonight(the peer amount looks good, so it should be fast)
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Damn slow on my side :(
Although may be due to all the other anime torrents iv got :-/

Now I wish I had the nice 100Mbit server, that should grab it a lot faster.
Just upload it to where I like and super fast download for me :P :(

Im getting around 13KB/s for KnK. I will probably watch chapter 4 Thursday night :D

Spoiler (show)
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Ok, just finished watching chapter 3...

I know that I DEFINATLY didnt catch somethings at the beginning :-/

Azaka reminds me of Rin from Fate/Stay NIGHT :P KnK is a TM project like Fate Stay anyways xD

\\BELOW: There may be spoiler for KnK Chapter 3.

One thing I didnt get, is the dates...
The day when Fujino got her sensativity back, was the day she killed first. It was either kill or be killed.
That was the 20th? of June 1998.
The day everything ended was the 7th of July 1998... She managed to stay alright with that apendix for quite a while. More than 2 weeks, around 2 and a half.
Before that it was the 6th? Before Mikiya went to investigate and find out some background info on Fujino.

Interesting beginning...
Also Shiki mensioned something about Asakami I think... So did Mikiya later on...
Who is Asakami?

Fujino's multi-coloured eyes. Pretty cool, what exactly is her power? Being able to bend things with her mind. Although Shiki said its magic? I never knew there was any magic in here untill this chapter. Supernatural, yes, not magic. I guess magic would fall under supernatural though.

Another thing is that the second time Fujino and Shiki met, Fujino was busy killing that one guy in the place with all the containers. Then when Shiki was going to start attacking Fujino, something happend and she refused to kill her and just walked away...
What exactly happend that made Shiki change her mind?

What type of business does Touko run?
She has Shiki as well as Mikiya employed. Although her and Mikiya do the doll stuff as well, but there is something else they do which includes Shiki? Some type of detective/hitman thing.
She also seems to collect old "magical" things :?

Is Keita by any chance the person Mikiya and Shiki meet in Chapter 2. The person who seems to know that Shiki is the cause of the murders?

What does Shiki mean when she says she cant kill someone she has already killed? In what way did she kill Fujino?
//END of possible spoilers.

The end preview of Chapter 4 seems really exciting and seems as if it will confuse me :P

Spoiler (show)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Kara no Kyoukai, chapter 4 : Garan no Dou | The Hollowness

This always happens you know… You await something for half a year and the moment you get it you realize, ****, it’s over. Well, this is not something I need sell anymore. It’s selling itself well enough and as such I’ll keep things short. It’s also quite hard to go into details with this chapter because too many things were revealed. It’s one huge spoiler really.

Nevertheless, we all know by now what to make of KnK. Chapter 4 follows chapter 2 directly and the majority of this installment once again centered solely around Shiki. Most your prior confusion should be pretty clear now. You will also now notice how this puzzle’s taking shape.

All in all another outstanding piece of work but coming to an end I’m left craving for so much more. I am more than just pleased with KnK. Actually cannot wait to re-watch this but alas we’ll have to play the waiting game again.

Kara no Kyoukai, chapter 5 : Mujun Rasen | Paradox Spiral (Preview)

Fujyou Kirie was in her hospital bed. A man comes in. She somehow knew that this man was the one who was financially helping her. He asks her if she wanted a body that could be used freely. She nods her head, but she asks him one question. "Who are you?"
Asagami Fujino was walking out of the underground bar with a fractured back and she fell down. A man helps her get up and asks her if she wants him to heal it. She nods without realizing, but she asks him one question. "Who are you?"
"Sorcerer... Araya Souren"
http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~typemoon/rakkyo/index.htm

Chapter 5 can’t come soon enough. It’s the longest one in the novel so I’ll probably talk more then.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Nice, I take it you watched Chapter 4? :D

Spoiler (show)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Psy I'm too tired to quote now so I'll just answer if you don't mind -
Spoiler (show)
#1 : She gained sensitivity long before that, when one of the fckrs hit her in the back with a baseball bat. She was assumed stabbed on the 20th and Shiki met her in the coffe shop with Azaka the 22nd. They fought on the bridge exactly 1 day later, the night of the 23d. EDIT: Make that the 24th! I forgot Mikiya was out a whole day later. You read the date wrong lol, everything goes down in the month of July (7), 1998.

#2 : It's her branch family that took them in after her fathers death. They also built the bridge btw. And they sponsor her school you'll see in chapter 6 too.

#3 : It's not magic. The Asagami family is one of four in the Demon Hunters Organization. It's a psychic ability.
A power that you are born with and can not be taught to others. A professor who is an old friend of Tohko explains that it's like a channel of a TV. Most of the people in society are tuned into a certain channel. That certain channel isn't necessary the channel that you are suppose to be on, but it's just that the channel is tuned in by the most number of people. But there are some that can tune into a different channel. There are few that can even switch to more than two channels. Asagami Fujino was someone who can tune into several channels in that sense. She was able to twist things clockwise and counter clockwise, and also awoke to a power of Clairvoyance. Tohko doesn't like the idea of psychic abilities that only special people can use it. She favors sorcery which everyone can learn.
http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~typemoon/rakkyo/karaenc.htm

#4 : She again lost her sensitivity. Shiki would not kill her if she could not feel such pain. And btw, Fujino lured him there knowing he knew nothing of Keita's whereabouts.

#5 : Tohko's a sorceress. She investigates the supernatural. Don't be fooled by her. Tohko's not someone to be ****ed with.

#6 : Nope.

#7 : She's implying she "killed" the psychopath within Fujino, which she did. She no longer has any reason to fight her again. Fujino, only right at the end, came to understand what she did not before.
And Azaka's the prototype for Tsukihime's Akiha. She also has a simmilar ability.

Yeah done with #4. Now I want #5.
Last edited by Rayne on 21 Dec 2008, 09:39, edited 1 time in total.
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

Done with Ch 4. The creators outdid themselfs again like always.
The chapter was pretty strait forward, no lose ends or hard to explain things. Only thing that irritates me is that I am forgetting the detail of the previous chapters because the are shown so far from each other.

I guess one of the reasons I like Kara no Kyoukai is because I can so easily relate to Shiki, its sometime scary how close it gets...
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Psy note my edit in my prior post.

Nuke I'll agree to that. But that also means it will still be fun to re-watch with a better understanding.

Even though this was a slower chapter quite a number of important things occurred though and viewers should still watch closely. I had to look up Akasha to understand Shiki's surroundings during her dream sequence and it's also worth knowing that she did not know which floor she was on and that she actually broke her fingers in a scene which was detailed in novel but animated too fast to really notice. Obtaining her Magan was shown but not explained (yet) and speaking of her eyes are really potent compared to Tsukihime's Shiki. To think she actually sees death and not just the lines of death is good to know. No wonder she did what she did. A few more things worth a mention (like why Tohko's spell failed) but I'll wait until next month's chapter 5 before linking details.

And come to think of it Tohko was really cute this chapter.

In other news it's rumored chapter 6 and 7 will be the same length as 5. 6 is showing now so that should be confirmed soon enough. Hoping it's true, that makes the 6 months wait worth it. I would also like to read the newly written Mirai Fukuin (Recalled Out Summer). This one won't be animated though.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Chapter 6 :
There was an awesome battle at the end of this movie too, and I think it actually looks prettier than any of the battles in the previous chapters. I even feel sorry for the Fate/Stay Night anime (or the non-existant Tsukihime anime) because Azaka is one of the weakest Type-Moon character, yet she can have a crazy battle like in this one.
http://www.akiba-ch.com/?p=845

And it's the best seller yet again. At almost R1k per copy I'll pass though.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Ok, well, I was planning on watching the 4th Chapter the Friday night when my internet went down.
Then I didnt as I wouldnt have been able to talk about it and so on.

I only got my internet connection back earlier today, although I have a friend staying with me till the 2nd of Jan.
Soo, ill try and see if I cant fit it in and try watch it before I forgot soem of the finer detail in the previous chapters in case I need to remember anything :P

Although reading the above 2 posts (Rayne's and Nuke's) I've remembered just how awesome it is and will definatly try watch it sooner than later xD :D

Also Chapter 5 is going to tie everything together and answer all your questions you may have had up untill chapter 5, soo, its going to be a longer chapter (1.30 hours?).
Then if Chapter 6 and 7 are the same length will be even better and definatly make waiting 6 months for each worth it.
Although it would still be worth the wait if they arent that long :D

Spoiler (show)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Chapter 5's 1 hour 54 minutes if the source's to be trusted. Chapter 6's just under 1 hour. There's no news on chapter 7 yet except that it's dated for release in "2009".

Apparently 6 is a bit complicated as supposedly there's more to tell than an hour can fit but I'll wait to see it first end June before reading up on it anyway.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

New preview for chapter 5 and it's theme song Sprinter :

[youtube]<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ESBV3s8JgA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ESBV3s8JgA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

I'm so sorry I watched than preview, now I can't wait. Ch5 looks like its going to be just so awesome. Shiki with a katana...dowantdowantdowant
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Yeah, Shiki is actually awake this coming chapter. It's do or die for everybody.
Spoiler (show)
Tohko's head on a plate...
Will be here soon enough.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

It's almost time ladies. But until then -

[youtube]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sIXGdtsq4hM&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sIXGdtsq4hM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

"In translation".

Won't be done today. I guess I'll make this a weekend watch.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

wow, how come chapter 5 is being released soo soon after chapter 4? :?
Not that im complaining! :D

I have yet to watch Chapter 4 :( Things went a bit downhill when I planned on watching it, will try get it done soon.
Although I want to enjoy it and make sure I will be able to pay it the attention it needs and so on.

This weekend I won't be able to watch, I'll get it done eventually.

Rayne, do you know of any approx release dates for Chapter 6 and 7? Just a bit curious :D

Spoiler (show)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

#6 : June 2009
#7 : Not made yet, so I don't know. Q4 2009 if I have to guess.

And I'm hoping #5's done by the weekend. The novel was not translated this far so this one's going to take a bit longer than the other releases.
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

Oh boy, is is seriously making my day. I hope they bring out a Bluray boxset after Ch7 is released.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Nuke wrote:Oh boy, is is seriously making my day. I hope they bring out a Bluray boxset after Ch7 is released.
I somehow doubt it, I really hope so though :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hmm, Novel has only been translated up till chapter 4...

Im curious to see how this progresses :D

KnK in a way is like poetry... Or at least I think so.
The interpretation of things aren't just thrown at you.

Spoiler (show)