Kara no Kyoukai

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Rayne

Re: Kara no Kyoukai

Post by Rayne »

It's 113 minutes. The limited edition's tagged "Look at the darkness, and remember who you are". I know what's coming and I can't wait for this.

The Akiba stores read "The power of 'Dere' Shiki is extremely strong" lol.

Ah well, will have to wait a bit longer.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

What does dere mean? I dont have int so cant google for a definition...

Sounds awesome though!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

It's slang originated from the word "deredere" which translates as "lovestruck". Shiki's a Tsundere in nature and Fujino's a Yandere, the opposite.
Shiki Ryougi from Kara No Kyoukai is a hardcore Type Tsun, bordering the Heroic Sociopath zone, but softens considerably in Mikiya Kokutou's presence.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TsunDere

/

Rayne

Post by Rayne »

It's done. :D
It's 1.66Gb in size. :shock:
I've got only 1.2Gb left. :|

A good Sunday it shall be then.
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

:D

At 1.66GB it should have good quality
If it continues at the speed its now I'll have it by tonight. its cruising at a nice 130-190KBps now.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Rayne wrote:It's done. :D
It's 1.66Gb in size. :shock:
I've got only 1.2Gb left. :|

A good Sunday it shall be then.
Im assuming an IS account? You will make it as long as you dont disconnect :)

Sheesh, im capped... No int at all :(
Soo, tomorrow :-/
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

Done, awesomeness. Seems that even telkom knows I want it ASAP. Fastest peak I saw was 625K.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

HmmZ, either of you willing to seed it and upload the .torrent file so I can try get some done on local BW tonight? :P

Spoiler (show)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Finished it just now. There's much I'm pleased with but for the first time with KnK, a few things I'm not. It was an excellent movie though, don't get me wrong.

Well, there's no way I'm getting into it now, it's simply too long. I'll post on this tomorrow.
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

Will rewatch it soon, was a bit tired what I watched it saturday night.

A few thoughts (While I wait for Rayne, his can put his thought into words far better than I can)
Spoiler (show)
Araya is an interesting character, he is struggling with the same things at Shiro and his father, but he took a totally diffrent approach than them. They know that they can't save everybody. Emiya Kiritsugu saves only one person he know he can save, even though he don't normally bother with it(What you learn from UBW). Emiya Shiro tries his best to save everyone, even at the cost of himself. and lastly Araya Souran wants to make everyone death worth it by recording and watching it.

Something that bothers me. at the end Touko said his pupper was the same as her, nothing more and nothing less. But she was far more powerfull than the first time, even Araya Souran said she could kill him.

Just something interesting. Shiki seems to have the same power as Emiya Shiro, Self-Surgestion. He also can also gains the power of the weapon he is holding.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Kara no Kyoukai, chapter 5, Mujun Rasen | Paradox Spiral

Essentially the single most important chapter in this series tying up almost all the loose ends left by the four which came before it. Forgive me for being a bit late on this write-up but understand that this was extraordinary long compared to the others. Lets also keep in mind this is a Nasu piece of work and with that said let me warn you that this chapters directing perfectly compliments it’s title. Keep your head when watching this. It’s something not often seen and the earlier parts of this movie especially purposely means to confuse but with plot progression you’ll slowly but surely become accustomed to this unique method of storytelling. As far as the basics are concerned this series’ audio and visuals are still on a level of it’s very own far out of reach of everything else you’ve seen or heard this past year, if not two, but even animations like this with a budget of five production houses is not without flaw. If I really have to complain about something and to keep things fair as a fan I’m going to note that Shiki’s very first fight scene against the living dead of the Ogawa Apartment Complex felt completely out of place with the rest of this otherwise exceptional production. The visuals were not on par with the rest and for the very first time in all I’ve thus seen of Kara no Kyoukai it was something I noted. Perhaps the extremely fast pace of this scene can take blame for this. Or perhaps it was done intentionally so as to soften the impact of what essentially was a massacre for cinema audience. I’m not quite sure but for me, personally, the drop in animation quality was a bad choice. On the positive side of things it lasted merely a few seconds and I’m pleased to announce the moment Araya showed up directly after the rest of this chapter maintained it’s expected animation quality and the last and final epic stand-off between these two made up for this tenfold. Yes chapter 5 is littered with death start to finish and yes it’s the most action-packed installment in this series yet. As to be expected of course, it finally reveals the main and Kara no Kyoukai’s single most powerful villain. This man is quite a foe and each and every member of our favorite team’s pushed to their limit in an attempt to keep him in check. Well now that I mentioned him by name I guess his as good a place as any to start so lets take of closer look at chapter 5’s happenings.

Read at your own discretion hereon out.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Araya Souren. Ah, that’s right, we’ve heard this name before didn’t we? Recall the scene from chapter 3 in which Touko gave Shiki a keycard so as to enter Broad Bridge in her quest to find Fujino. His was the name of Touko’s acquaintance written on it. And now also remember him as the psychiatrist Touko replaced during Shiki’s hospital stay from chapter 4. Yes, Touko knows this man well. He’s a mage just like her and they studied together at the London Mage’s Association during her younger years. Touko studied the body and Araya studied the soul with their ultimate goal, and so too for each and every mage, the same, being the root of all things, the truth of this world, Akasha. Some found it but never returned whilst others died trying. Touko abandoned her studies but Araya did not. An extremely powerful sorcerer Araya is known as a mage amongst mages. He moves with three layers of bounded fields at all times, something exceptional as even one should be impossible to move. Just like his origin “Stillness” implies his able to hold in place anything that enters his domain. Through sorcery Araya extended his life and his been walking the earth for 200 years. As time passed Araya encountered many battle fields during his journeys which led him to witness the monstrosities of the flawed human race first hand. This angered Araya because he could not save everybody, there are simply too many. What bothered him most was the innocent. What meaning is there to life? What meaning is there to death? If death’s everyone’s eventual outcome, then why be born in the first place? Araya did not know the answer and decided he shall seek it. If he cannot prevent death he shall at the very least find meaning therein. And so begun his experiment, Araya shall collect deaths. For this purpose he constructed the Ogawa Apartment Complex and approached a fellow mage, Cornelius Alba, to aid him in so doing. But eventually Araya concluded that this was all in vain, the experiment was a failure. If he could only end the world then he could review everyone’s death and come to his conclusion. After many years Araya saw no change and the answer he sought still eluded him and it’s around this time that he first took notice of Shiki. See for Araya to find his answer, he realized that he needed to find Akasha first. But after 200 years trying he no longer had any hope of ever reaching the root, and thus decided to pursue someone who already reached it, Shiki. He shall not open a path but merely follow one already open, and so our mastermind comes to light. Araya knew the origin of the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception and he knew Shiki would have to learn to use and understand those eyes if he were to use her as his connection to the root. And this regard is where Kirie and Fujino was needed. See if Shiki never had to use her eyes she would never had been able to understand them and hence lose her connection to it’s origin, the root. As Araya’s pawns they failed him though, for she defeated both of them. He now had to think up another strategy to gain control of Shiki’s body, and this is where chapter 5 comes into play.

The Ogawa Apartment Complex. A modern structure, circular in shape standing 10 floors tall housing a total of 10 families, 5 in it’s East wing and 5 in it’s West wing. The very design of this structure was meant to sicken people, something crucial to Araya’s experiment and also to keep the general public away. It was impossible for Araya to hide an experiment of this size and nature from society and so to the naked public eye it functioned like any other apartment complex would. For it’s residents however, things weren’t as simple. Araya housed families in despair whom met misfortune. By placing them in this complex which serves as his workshop intended to drive people mad in it’s very nature all it’s resident soon were, killing themselves and killing each other. After their initial deaths Araya removed their brains and transferred it to puppets, images of themselves. This is why Cornelius Alba was needed, for keeping a human brain alive was his area of expertise. For these residents their life begun each morning and it ended at night that very same day. Araya basically made them relive their very last day, day in and day out, every day. In doing so he hoped for an abnormality in the cycle which will lead him to understand the meaning to their deaths. They were programmed to act within routines so they’ll answer the door, go shopping and entertain guests but one day a burglar looking for a place to sleep entered an apartment without announcing himself first, thus breaking the pre-programmed cycle, and stumbled upon the corpses of it’s residents. When he came back with the police thereafter however the policeman rang the doorbell and to the burglar’s disbelief the person he saw dead merely minutes ago now answered the door in perfect health. Beside it’s intended purpose the structure itself is an extension of Araya’s body, one in which his able to freely teleport anywhere as long as he remains within. Touko, just like with Broad Bridge in chapter 3, also had a hand in its design.

Cornelius Alba. Another acquaintance of Touko who studied with her and Araya at he London Mage’s Association. Touko entered the academy after him but even so she mastered Rune sorcery before him. She also had a nasty habit talking down to him and before long Alba grew to passionately hate her for it. From his perspective the fact that she treated him as inferior caused others around them to start believing he actually was. In reality Alba is no pushover though. He is most probably more powerful than both Touko and Araya but his hatred clouds his judgment. He agreed to aid Araya in his experiment only because he was promised her head as reward but Alba has a nasty habit of his own, he talks too much, and that ultimately cost the mages dearly. Araya’s plan would have succeeded but in his hunger for revenge Alba just had to waltz right into Touko’s workshop and tell her how Araya captured Shiki. Firstly under no circumstances does a mage enter another’s workshop, ever. To do so means you are challenging that mage to a duel so right off the bat Touko was able to conclude he was hostile. Secondly he boasted about his workshop so she now knew exactly where Shiki was held too. Their first meeting ends without conflict with a promise that their second would determine the better mage and it’s in that second encounter that I’ve got myself another little something to complain about again. See, the fight between Alba and Touko was quite spectacular in novel but for a reason beyond me it was decided to greatly alter this scene in anime. Simply put, Alba was nerved, big time. You’ll see him cast no spells whatsoever. Why was it cut? Well I don’t know. The only logical explanation I can think of would be time constraints but in same sense I don’t know how these things are done either. Maybe it was to fit cinema or DVD release and maybe it was not. At the end of the day the conclusion was the same so either way it made absolutely no difference but even so who in his right mind would decline an additional 5 or so minutes of a good action scene? More so if that additional footage follows it’s roots. Oh well I’ll not dwell on that, he played his intended part after all. He called Touko a “rotten red color” and for that he paid with his life, realizing that he should never have involved himself with those two monsters in the first place.

Touko Aozaki. Ah, but we know her well already? Well, not quite so, you’ll know her well after this movie perhaps. In need of no introduction Touko’s most probably my personal favorite character in this chapter. She has a major part to play this time around and like we’ve come to expect of her by now she does so convincingly well. Like we all know Touko’s a mage and like I mentioned already she studied sorcery at the London Mage’s Association together with Araya and Alba. Whilst she and Alba did not see eye to eye Araya rated her a worthy rival and took a liking to her. Touko entered the academy because she lost her position as family heir to her younger sister, Tsukihime’s Aoko. As the elder this is a slap in the face in traditional Japanese culture. See, Touko cannot use true magic. To compete with her sister she would have to study it. Touko’s specialty would be puppets. Whereas any given mage can create puppets only one amongst them earned the title “Puppet Master”, Touko. The academy rated it’s top mages by awarding them with a specific color. What she wanted was a blue but what she got instead was a red. Extremely angered by this it was taboo to ever speak of this in her presence as she vowed to kill anyone who did. Through her studies Touko created an ultimate puppet, a spitting image of herself. The puppet was not superior to her and neither was it inferior to her, it was but a perfect replica. Doing so led her to the conclusion that she cannot reach the root by attempting to imitate a perfect human, the best she could do was perfectly copy herself. And so Touko abandoned her studies to simply, well, live. Touko enjoys life. She knows nothing else in this world can ever replace it. Life’s not all sunshine and roses though and that fated day she met Mikiya who told her about his friend Shiki she was pulled towards the dark side again. Indeed, the person who set everything in motion was none other than Touko. The very moment she even thought of approaching Shiki she knew what she’d be getting herself into. As Akasha’s the ultimate objective of every mage Shiki’s an easy target. Touko thankfully, has a kind heart. She approached Shiki not to benefit herself but to offer her assistance. Of course the moment Araya took notice of Shiki too things quickly spiraled out of control. With everyone around her in danger Touko’s forced to put down her glasses and put on her serious face. Shiki’s been captured and she’s the only one capable of getting her back. So rejoice Touko fans because hereon out you’ll be seeing a side of Touko’s you’ve not seen before. She tells Mikiya not to worry and await her return for mages hold their own dearly and then sets off to save Shiki, stating she’ll be back shortly as she leaves. Ah yes, of course, famous last words. Touko pulls up in front of the Ogawa Apartment Complex and enters the building with a large suitcase in hand, Alba in the lobby welcoming her as she does. Three people walk in, only one walk out, plain and simple, Touko’s not here to play games and immediately demands Alba bring out Araya as she knows he alones’ not capable of such powerful sorcery. Alba’s still pretty tied up chatting away in response when Touko’s suitcase opens. What came out was a projected cat made of ether with a body larger than hers and it almost instantly devoured Alba but Araya out of nowhere interferes and saves him. Touko knows her disadvantage. To fight Araya in his workshop, an extension of his own body, is unwise. She directs her cat towards him but it cannot penetrate his bounded fields and in his counter attack Araya crushes it whilst simultaneously also crushing the air around Touko, breaking her ribcage. Seeing her wounds he drops his guard oblivious to the fact that Touko’s not quite done just yet. Her cat reappears behind Araya and slices his body in half. Touko trusts she made a kill and approaches the corpse but in reality she did not, what she defeated was a puppet. The real Araya appears behind her and rips out her heart, showing it to her before he crushes it. Touko dies. As her dead body falls to the ground Araya pulls it back, snaps her neck and rips off her head. Yes, I know, clench your teeth on this one but fear not, this fight’s not concluded yet. Araya gives Alba her head and tells him to do with it as he pleases. Knowing she’s not technically dead as long as her brain remains Alba takes it and runs into a shocked Mikiya as he exits the elevator, Touko’s head in hand. Mikiya could not wait any longer and came to help but seemingly could not have picked a worse time to do so. Alba crushes Touko’s head in front of him and then proceeds to beat him down too. It’s around this moment that a third car pulls up in front of the complex, parking right behind Mikiya who’s in turn parked behind Touko and yes, you guessed it, it’s none other than… Touko. The moment she died her second body was activated. Touko’s back, and this time she brought a bigger suitcase. She walks in on Alba as his about to kill Mikiya and after a swift exchange of words proceeds to make short work of him. She brought a real monster this time. Araya senses Alba’s defeat and shows himself to Touko asking if she wants to fight him again. Touko, now aiding Mikiya, declines and states that if anyone’s to defeat him, it would not be her.

Mikiya Kokutou. What is there to say about him? Mikiya’s one of the few normal dudes in Kara no Kyoukai. Touko learned about the burglar incident and asked him to investigate the Ogawa Apartment Complex which he as usual, thoroughly did. See if you’ve not realized this yet then it’s about time for you to realize this now, Mikiya’s a good investigator able to find things which under normal circumstances should not be found. He compiles a report on all the residents of the complex and accompanies Touko for a closer inspection of the actual premises. Once there he immediately noticed that the structure did not match the blueprints he studied. Touko points out the scratch marks on the walls above the staircase and the two conclude that the physical structure itself was moving. The elevator would turn 180 degrees between the first and third floor and the staircase would move in an opposite direction. Understanding the abnormality of this building they shortly left and Araya who sensed their intrusion did not stop them in fear someone else might come looking for them, interrupting his work. Back at her exhibition Touko stops dead in her tracks before entering her workshop. She sensed Alba was inside and gave Mikiya a charm to hold on to which would hide him from the mages eyes and telling him not to speak, they entered. Once inside Alba says too much though and hearing that Shiki’s been captured, a shocked Mikiya drops the charm. This is a problem for seeing Mikiya, Alba mistook him for Touko’s apprentice, he will follow her in death. Touko knew this much would happen hence why she told Mikiya to stay put and await her return but no, the guy just couldn’t listen and off to the Ogawa Apartment Complex he went. He stopped by Shiki’s apartment to pick up her katana before he did so though and it is here that he met Tomoe Enjou. Together the two decided they will save Shiki. Mikiya will act as a diversion and enter from the front whilst Tomoe would sneak in from the back and make his way to the tenth floor where they believed Shiki to be held. Once he entered the lobby however, Mikiya knew he came too late.

Shiki Ryougi. About time I mentioned her hey? As you should conclude by now yes, Shiki’s got the shorter end of the stick this chapter. For once our lovely heroin will be the one in need of saving. Shiki met her match see, her Mystic Eyes of Death Perception is not effective against Araya. He knows her ability well and took the necessary precautions. Shiki cannot see his lines of death and as an immortal conventional weapons cannot harm him either. Araya first approached Shiki in chapter 2. Surprisingly enough nobody thought it odd for someone as agile as Shiki to be run over by a stupid car in the middle of the road. Seeing Mikiya was pinned down on the road beneath her the car missing him would be nothing short of a miracle too hey? Well there’s more to it than that of course. Araya approached them that night and in reality Shiki was run over protecting Mikiya. The two years she was in coma thereafter wasted his time. It was not her Magan he sought but her origin. Shiki is, like I said above, connected to the root of all things. Shiki saw Akasha long before she obtained her eyes but she remained oblivious to this fact. Standing firmly between Shiki and SHIKI was a unique third personality, a personality the other two did not know of. This is the true Shiki, the one Mikiya met dressed in pink Kimono for the very first time a snowy evening the month of March, 1995 in the opening of chapter 2. I’m telling you this because you would otherwise not know it, it’s been cut. Yes, something else for me to complain about but I’ll add to that shortly. To put things in perspective for chapter 5’s happenings, Shiki ran into Tomoe during one of her usual evening strolls around town. She noticed him dropping a key as he ran from pursuers and so decided to pick it up and return it. When she found him in an abandoned building the three were already hard at work beating him up and so she lent him a hand. Amazed at the girl he saw before him Tomoe asked Shiki to hide him as he no longer has a home to return to, to which Shiki agrees. He will be staying at Shiki’s and these two will start developing an attachment for the next few days to come. It is during his stay here that he tells Shiki he murdered his mother. He knew for certain she was going to kill him after killing his father so the moment she opened his bedroom door he acted out of reflex and stabbed her. Tomoe left the front door open as he ran away but knows something’s not quite right, it’s impossible for the corpses not to have been discovered after all this time. To drive him completely out of his mind he actually saw his mother in town alive and well shortly after. It was then that Shiki decided they should go visit the apartment in order to confirm the situation but what she did not tell Tomoe was that she knew the happenings of that complex beforehand, Touko was already investigating the case. Once there Tomoe tells Shiki to ring the doorbell, if nobody answers then his parent must be dead but Shiki declines remarking that she would not see the gimmick if she did that and so she opened the door and walked straight into the apartment unannounced. What they saw there was mindboggling. Tomoe’s father was abusing his mother after which she got up, knocked him out cold with a frying pan and stabbed him in the back of the neck. She then turned around and walked right past them towards Tomoe’s room to kill him too. Seeing that Tomoe broke down and pleaded with her not to but nothing changed, his mother does not respond and Shiki tell him to just shut up and watch, what his seeing is not real and she points out that there’s no blood on the knife. She then exits the apartment and tells Tomoe to follow her to the opposite side of the building, to his real home. Tomoe does not understand what she means by this but his confusions swiftly cleared up once they get there. What they find is his parents real decomposed corpses and his too, in his room just like he imagined, already a few years old. Tomoe’s at a loss of words and when Shiki turns around to confront him she sees someone behind him about to kill him. It’s one of the deceased residents. Shiki kills it and tells Tomoe it’s time for them to leave but when they head for the elevator they find their path blocked by more zombies. Shiki draws her blade and cuts them down but just as the last one fell did Araya himself appear. He knew they entered his domain. He came for Shiki and Shiki he shall have, she cannot defeat him here. He discloses his intentions and Shiki attacks but her eyes cannot see his vital points prone to death so she decides to simply cut him down the old fashioned way by stabbing him in his heart and in his neck but on this opponent it has no effect. Araya counters and throws her form the tenth floors’ balcony and then uses his bounded field to pull her back in and slam her against a wall which absorbed her. Scared out of his mind Tomoe ran away and hid himself in Shiki’s apartment. Araya ignored him for he knew his creation did not have long to live anyway. He then confines Shiki in a bounded field cutting her off from reality and proceeds with preparations to have his brain moved to her body so that he can reach the root and his ultimate goal when doing so by ending the world in search for his answer. Well I know this is a lot of reading but if you remember what I said above his preparations were interrupted by Touko and Tomoe. Araya had to waste time fighting these two and as it turned out time itself was the counterforce ultimately preventing him from reaching his goal. Shiki was knocked out but not dead and it was only a matter of time before she would wake up. When she does Touko informs Araya that he made a grave mistake confining her through means of sorcery. What he should have done was place her in concrete constraints instead. Shiki’s eyes can see through sorcery. Though Touko acknowledges the fact that she and Araya are unnatural beings she remarks that Shiki’s able to bring death to the unnatural. This is the purpose she exists. Shiki broke free of her constraints and because the Ogawa building is an extension of Araya’s body, managed to severely wound him in so doing. Araya teleports to the top floor to try and reach Shiki in time but his too late. The elevator door opens and Shiki comes walking out. In the elevator she found her katana Tomoe left her. On the floor directly in front of her she sees her knife and realizes Tomoe died buying her time fighting Araya. Shiki’s angered and approaches the mage. She remarks that she doesn’t understand her feelings. She would normally marvel at this sight of death but now she feels no emotion, she’s not looking forward to their fight, she simply wishes to erase the existence of the man standing before her. She takes her stance and Araya attacks crushing the air around her but Shiki dispelled his spell. He casts his bounded field on her but Shiki dispels that too and leaps right at him cutting straight through his last remaining boundary taking his arm in the process. Araya notices the difference in the Shiki standing before him. It is not the Shiki he fought before but let me pause here for a second. The Shiki which awoke was indeed the true, third personality. This was made perfectly clear in novel but once again it’s not the case in this chapter. If ever so slightly the difference in Shiki is shown but not explained at all and because of this I see a lot of guys missing this fact so let me right out tell you, the Shiki your seeing now is her third personality. Araya cannot defeat her. He never even imagined facing her true self in the first place and once he realizes his miscalculation he teleports to safety out of the building and concludes that the only way to stop her now would be to crush the whole building with her in it. He will cast his bounded field to shield him from the fall. Shiki’s still on the tenth floor but determined to kill this man she leaps from the top storey without hesitation to reach her prey below. She caught up with him midair and drove her katana through his heart. His bounded field ended up shielding her from the fall. Araya is fatally wounded and seeing he had no alternate bodies prepared his left to pass away as Touko watched, comforting him before he did. Back at her apartment Shiki puts on her puppy face and tells Mikiya she wants a key to his apartment too. He has hers but all he gave her was his cell number in return. She concluded that wasn’t fair.

Tomoe Enjou. Without a doubt the star of this chapter. Tomoe was initially from a very loving family. He did well in sports at school, his father had a good job and he had a caring mother. But as life goes, one day disaster struck. His father had his driver’s license suspended and shortly after his employer required delivery duties of him. In fear of losing his job he kept this undisclosed and proceeded with his daily routine but one day he was involved in a traffic accident in which the other party died and when it came to light that he was driving with a suspended license he was immediately assumed guilty. His father lost his job and it wasn’t long before the townsfolk started harassing them. To break free from this unfortunate series of events the family moved in quest to start over elsewhere but tales of the incident shortly followed and before they knew it the harassment started again. His father fell into depression unable to find a job and Tomoe himself had to quit school and find a job to help support his family. Things got pretty bad for them and after yet another move they found themselves at the Ogawa Apartment Complex. Pushed to their limits already it did not take much for them to end their lives being here. Tomoe’s depressed father abused his mother until she snapped one day and killed both him and Tomoe before taking her own life. Tomoe dreamed about these happenings every single night until he became conscious of it and acted on impulse one night killing his mother and running away, successfully braking the repetitive chain of death. He met Shiki that same night after she rescued him from a group of thugs and shared her apartment for a while thereafter, falling in love with her during this time. He tells Shiki that a house without a lock is not a home and then installs a lock on Shiki’s front door and hands her the key. Not knowing what to do he came back here after witnessing Shiki’s abduction which is where Mikiya found him. Mikiya asks him to help save Shiki but tells him there’s something he wants him to see before they do. What Mikiya showed him was the home he was born in. The home he lived in for the first 8 years of his life, in other words, the home he grew up in, his real home. Tomoe has forgotten all about this place but having again seen it he recalled moments of a warm, loving family who gave him their everything but when things went wrong Tomoe was so caught up in his own despair that he completely overlooked his parents. They were suffering with him but he was oblivious to this fact and concludes that he wasn’t there for them when they needed him most. Tomoe broke down and cried. When he got up he vows that he would not return to the Ogawa Apartment Complex for Shiki’s sake, but for his own. They were victims of circumstance. They were robbed of their very lives and their happiness was taken away. Tomoe shall face the man responsible and so the two sets off. Tomoe enters the building through the underground parking bay and it is here that he discovers the bottled brains of all the residents. He looks for his own and finally finds it. His disbelief fades. He knew this all along. His arm that’s been hurting for a while now falls to the ground. What he sees in the pool of blood is mechanical and not flesh. That’s right, Tomoe knows he is a puppet. Araya of course noticed his return and asks him why he did so. Tomoe tells him he will have his revenge but Araya remarks that he won’t be able to change anything because his origin itself is “Worthlessness”. Araya tells him that he was a pawn of his too purposefully let out so as to lure Shiki through a pre-programmed attraction. Tomoe denies this and tells Araya that his feelings are his and his alone and that the boy who returned to the root of his nightmares did so of his own accord. Araya did not answer and told him to come if he was going to. Tomoe took the elevator to the top floor but dropped Shiki’s katana doing so. He could no longer hold it with one hand and decides that, for Araya, her knife would simply have to do. When the door opens Araya stands before him. Tomoe jumps for a kill but is stopped by Araya’s bounded fields. Determined to reach him Tomoe loses a leg pushing forward and manages to stab Araya in his chest, but the mage did not defend. He grabs Tomoe by the head and erases his existence. Tears streaming down his smiling face Tomoe tells Araya that he made it this far, he was there. And indeed he was, so caught up in self indulgence was the all powerful mage Araya Souren that he did not even notice the very abnormality he was searching for when it stared him right in the eyes.

The end, and I’ll not be doing this anytime soon again.

EDIT : Thumbs, spelling.

/ Nuke I don't know that much of FSN but understand what your saying.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Nice, wasn't even fansubbed a week ago (completed and released).

Spoiler (show)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Yeah well it's not in the run for any best of 2008 awards sadly because (a) it's still running and (b) it has a movie budget so it was decided it would be unfair to group it with TV shows. If it was up to me though it would take a whole lot of them. Fujino's by far my favorite villain since the likes of the mf that was Yagami Light and as far as the animation and OST's concerned I don't even need mention that.

Oh well, it doesn't matter. Was still last years most sought-after title in Japan outselling the likes of Geass and Macross F 10-1 in same shelf time so ratings hardly matters, the figures speaks for themselves.

Viz licensed the novel. We might get it this year.
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

I have to disagree with you a little here.
Spoiler (show)
see, Touko cannot use true magic. To compete with her sister she would have to study it
From I what I gather is that you can't really 'learn' true magic, it something only 1 in billions can do. In the nasuverse there is 5 true magics that is currently known, and only 3 we have seen sofar.
1 Zelretch that wields Kaleido magic
2 The ritual of Heaven's Feel
3 Aoko's Blue magic
Then there is also a few people that borders on true magic, like Emiya's Unlimited Blade Works. Even Medea's ancient magic is not counted a true magic, and she is far more powerfull than any of the mages that took part in the grail war.

BTW Rayne you must really think about playing FSN and Tsukihime, you are missing out on a big part of the nasuverse. And as I said before, its bigger than Middle Earth IMO.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

I see, so that means she had no hope of ever catching up to her sister then? Interesting. Shot for pointing that out. And Nuke you know I could never get FSN to run back when you gave it to me a few years back mate so I gave it to another chap long ago. Maybe I should try again on Vista. To be honest I would love to know more about the NASUVERSE and as is I have to rely on reading material from forums and fansites and I know the problem with that is I'm essentially merely reading somebody else's view.

You know Canaan's coming soon right? So it's expanding once again. And I still don't know if the remake of Tsukihime's gonna be a game or animation. You know?
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

I don't think she really did it "to catch up" because from what I have seen Touko would know its not possible, she tried a diffrent appoach. It seem like true magic only excels at one thing, though its insanely powerfull at it. Take Heavens Feel as example, it has the power to bring the servants into this world and to sustain them, but its the only thing it can do. Also Zelretch power comes from the ability to interact with parallel realities, and it seems he draws all of his power from that. While a normal magus have a broad range of shields/binds/direct damage spells/etc.(Haven't thought this through clearly yet, its still takeing shape in my head :P )

You should really try to get it working, if you need it again give me a shout. As I said even though I knew Fate's ending I still wanted to cry my eyes out, and the same with some of Tsukihime's endings. Picture tells truth about the endings( I still have 2 or 3 to reach(not really a spoiler))
Spoiler (show)
Haven't seen anything about Canaan or a Tsukihime remake, only thing I know of is Mahōtsukai no Yoru - Witch on a Holy Night game that is going to be released soon. Its going to focus mostly on Aoko way on becoming a magus. But I'll check and let know it i see anything.
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

Will someone just explain to me, is Anime free in SA still or not? If I downloaded this by torrent, would it be legal? :?
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

Its still a grey area. But its not going to be availible in English in the next 2 years in America and most likely we are never going to see a Zone2 english DVD. So decide for yourself if you believe its wrong or right. I'm an anyway going to buy it when I can get it.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Lol at Ciel's ending. I'll look into it Nuke. And please point out what I do not know of and get wrong hey.

D3PART3D, like Nuke said. For the love of God just don't try to watch this movie by itself, follow as per releases (not saying your planning to, just making sure).

To be honest I will need to rewatch this sometime too.
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

Okay thanks. :)
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Concepts, illustrations and interviews for chapter 5, Mujun Rasen, 660 pages.
fred_theninja

Post by fred_theninja »

i have to admit that i was ambivalent about watching this show. Tv shows that were games originally never really work for me, i find them boring but this movie. it was quite interesting
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

Kara no Kyoukai never was a game, it's a novel. :wink: FSN and Tsukihime was games, and they were both good(IMO), but comparing it to the games....they feel kinda empty.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Seems there's no longer any reason to not be watching this show. March 14th will see a cinematic recap of the first six chapters in preparation for chapter seven as officially announced today. That means we'll get to see it somehwere around September, so don't worry about forgetting much. It's titled Remix - Gate of Seventh Heaven. Thank this dude for news translation.

I would have preferred the inclusion of the new volume Mirai Fukuin consisting of two newly written chapters entitled Gospel of the Future and Recalled Out Summer seeing I would have rewatched this anyway instead but, yeah... Not complaining.