Claymore

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Rayne wrote:Volume 12 was a 7 year time-skip.

Volume 14 chapter 80. Raki's all grown up now, and his kicking Yoma bottom.

Clare's going to fall in love with him if she sees him now. He has a small girl with him, as yet unknown, and she can sense Yoki.

Makes sense though. He was trained by Isley.
Waah, you really make me wanna read it sooner! :D
Im busy reading Ichigo 100%...ITS AWSOME! :P

Hmm, a little girl with him? Seems as if he is keeping the tradition of looking after someone small as started by Clare and that other chick, frorgot her name :?

Chicky looked after Clare, Clare looked after Raki, Raki looks after small girly :P
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

PsyCLown wrote: Im busy reading Ichigo 100%...ITS AWSOME!
It’s such a great series, I loved it so much that I’ve replaced my scans with the originals( the first four volumes have been released so far) Anyway if you like Ichigo 100% you should defiantly try Lilim Kiss
AnimeNewsNetwork
Lilim Kiss, is about a guy who is easily misunderstood, one day finds a flask containing the succubus Lilim. She is very attractive but, she also has the tendency to drain the life force out of people. She surprises the life out of him (literally) when she kisses him unconscious. The girl, Lilim, turns out to be a succubus who gains energy by kissing guys. Lilim then flies off for more "food," but returns later, saying that Takaya's life-energy was the "tastiest.
I finished reading Hatsukoi Limited today, btw the same author wrote all three titles, and while it’s not as good as her other work it’s still quite enjoyable.

I hope that Funimation will be able to release the Claymore DVDs this year.
Rules that an Evil Overlord must live by!

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Ahzure wrote:
PsyCLown wrote: Im busy reading Ichigo 100%...ITS AWSOME!
It’s such a great series, I loved it so much that I’ve replaced my scans with the originals( the first four volumes have been released so far) Anyway if you like Ichigo 100% you should defiantly try Lilim Kiss
AnimeNewsNetwork
Lilim Kiss, is about a guy who is easily misunderstood, one day finds a flask containing the succubus Lilim. She is very attractive but, she also has the tendency to drain the life force out of people. She surprises the life out of him (literally) when she kisses him unconscious. The girl, Lilim, turns out to be a succubus who gains energy by kissing guys. Lilim then flies off for more "food," but returns later, saying that Takaya's life-energy was the "tastiest.
I finished reading Hatsukoi Limited today, btw the same author wrote all three titles, and while it’s not as good as her other work it’s still quite enjoyable.

I hope that Funimation will be able to release the Claymore DVDs this year.
Ahh, ok..cool
I got Lilim Kiss from a friend of mine. Its liek only 2 volumes and is complete right? :P

So ill quickly read that after Ichigo 100%

The Ichigo 100% anime looks VERY disapointing (I only looked at a few screenshots though) I prefer the manga drawing to the anime animation as well :twisted: :twisted: :P :D 8)

That description reminded me of Moka and Tsukune from Rosario + Vampire :P
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

It's actually good. Good editing, a good eye and ear to streamline the audio/video and nice clean effects.

Edit: It's on the org.
Core i5 3550 | 8GB RAM | 500W | Samsung T260 | GTX760 OC | 4.56TB HDD space
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Guess who the little girl with Raki is...
Ahzure

Re: Claymore

Post by Ahzure »

I see that the first Claymore DVD will be released on 14th October 2008. The Artbox version comes with a 24-page collectible booklet featuring interviews, character profiles, and artwork. The DVD contains Episode 1 Cast Commentary with Stephanie Young & Todd Haberkorn, American Cast Auditions for Teresa, Clare, Gark, Rubel & Yomi, Textless Songs, and Trailers.
Rules that an Evil Overlord must live by!

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

What happened to your updates Rayne?
Core i5 3550 | 8GB RAM | 500W | Samsung T260 | GTX760 OC | 4.56TB HDD space
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Sorry. I'm still reading it but it took a backseat to KnK so I lost a bit of interest. My system died a while ago too and I'm leaving it dead until I have more components for a decent upgrade so it's been a few weeks since I last watched anime or read manga. Should be up and running by next weekend though. I'll do the usual thereafter.

As for the current Claymore?
Spoiler (show)
Priscilla is the little girl with Raki. She grew smaller because she refuses to eat but even so her Yoki did not decrease with her size, she still harbors monstrous strength. Raki knows she will one day again awaken to her demon within but even so he does not fear being her next meal. He is still searching for Clare and Clare is still searching for him, completely oblivious to this. Miria set fort in the holy city and gave each Claymore permission to do as they please as long as they travel in a group of two at minimum. Their goal is to topple the organization and they know very well that their up against Alicia and Beth, as well as others of their kind they would prefer not to harm. Galatea, Clarice and Miata joined them. Because they failed their mission, Clarice and Miata will probably be killed if they return to the organization anyway. Meanwhile Riful managed to bag herself a Yoki-manipulating Claymore, Rune, the organizations new "eye" to be exact, and we now know why she wanted one. It turns out Rafaela and Luciela merged into one being when Rafaela released her Yoki and broke her sisters back whilst in a gentle embrace. Riful found them in a sleep-like state. This process is not yet complete hence the reason why Riful now want's to speed up the process so to speak. Riful already told us the only way to defeat Priscilla is for two Abyssal One's to unite and take her on in a 2 vs 1 fight but even then odds are not in their favor, Priscilla is simply just that powerful. If the being about to awake are to be stronger than her she would kill it before it completely evolves but if it's power measures just a timy bit beneath her's then it's to be her second in command, two Abyssal's vs the organization as well as Priscilla. What happens next we're yet to see. Same with the Kindred of Dragon and happenings on the mainland.
Faltzer

Post by Faltzer »

Argh! I want to know more about the story behind the creation of the yoma, but the manga is going slowly....
Live anime, eat anime, sleep anime... probably die from eating anime...
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination!
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

I want to start the manga but ill get really irritated once iv reached the end :lol: :x :(

Claymore really is an amazing story!!! :mrgreen:

Spoiler (show)
Dustman

Post by Dustman »

I am busy watching the anime series now.

From what I have seen so far, and read in your comments it seems to be excellent.

Wish I could get a hold of the manga to read through, my internet connection is just to slow to read online.

Time goes by so slowly for those who -> want to watch another episode of claymore, I need to resisitate. (Madonna rip-off)

Dustman
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Dustman wrote:I am busy watching the anime series now.

From what I have seen so far, and read in your comments it seems to be excellent.

Wish I could get a hold of the manga to read through, my internet connection is just to slow to read online.

Time goes by so slowly for those who -> want to watch another episode of claymore, I need to resisitate. (Madonna rip-off)

Dustman
Thats why you do NOT read online and download the chapters and if you want you can delete them afterwards ;)
Its just a hassle to read online, I dislike it and dont do it :D

Dunno where you stay, but iv got most (I think im missing the last 2 or so chapters) of the Claymore manga and you are welcome to come and get it from me as well as anything else I might have which you might want :D Iv got upto Chapter 84 BTW.

I havent started the manga, I should though. The anime is brilliant!!

Spoiler (show)
Dustman

Post by Dustman »

Have been watching up to epsiode 17 last night.

Really getting exciting. Hope the action and the story stays as intriguing the whole way through.

Shame it is only 26 episodes, think they could really have brought out multiple seasons Bleach like. Almost do not want to watch the last couple of eps and be left with a hollow (Notice the word pun given my above comment) empty feeling inside. 8)
Dustman

Post by Dustman »

Finished watching the Claymore 7 anime and it was one of the best shows I have watched. The ending was rather abrupt in the sense that it begs for a follow up series.

Highly recommened :wink:
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

The manga's much better.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Yeh, towards the end of the anime they start going off track and not following the manga and it kinda screws up the series...
It was still a brilliant series though!!! :D

Spoiler (show)
Faltzer

Post by Faltzer »

The anime wasn't that great IMO, I prefer the manga, in all aspects it is sooo much better!
Live anime, eat anime, sleep anime... probably die from eating anime...
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination!
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Read #87.

Now!
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Interesting turn of events. So the Abyssal One's aren't on top of the food chain...

Alicia and Beth's been dispatched to eliminate Riful. I think our seven would soon have to team up with their foes or else die with them.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Alicia, Beth, Abyss Feeders VS Riful.

If she dies I'm done with this.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

I'm sure all those who enjoyed Claymore would love a sequel, but, in view of what FMA did, if Claymore did the same... probably not going to happen given the Japanese ratings. Strange people, those Japanese.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Alicia vs Abyssal Riful = This wasn't even funny. A miracle Riful survived, though she lives only to die another day.

Awakened Alicia + awakened Beth vs Priscilla still in human form = ...

Six months to conclude this encounter and a year later Priscilla again entered the stage. And what an entrance that was...

Claymore ended it's 2009 run on a good note.
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

lol is this thing concluded? need to get some new episodes
VoxynQueen

Post by VoxynQueen »

No new episodes.
The anime is over!

Go read the manga.
There's not a single chapter that isn't awesome.
Still ongoing too.