Claymore

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Yeah, all the ghosts looks awesome now. Pitty they did not dress like this in the anime though.

Miata comments that all of the seven are very strong. But she add that two among them are immensily stronger. Can't wait for chapter #78. This story is finally getting somewhere.

And I was under the impression that Priscilla was stronger. I changed my mind after seeing Teresa fight Rosemary.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

It's online.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

I will be 37 years old by the time Claymore comes to an end. The story will come to a close at 25 volumes. We are now at volume 14. The story thusfar appears to be around the halfway mark so that would make it about right.

Can't guarantee I'll still be reading it during the next 7 years though. Seems following manga takes commitment.

Btw aren't you guys reading it? It's been 5 months since we saw the Ghosts in action and you all aint saying nothing now that they've eventually showed their strength? Post a bit to not make me tripple-post dammit.
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

LOL, got Kiba this weekend (I only had up to ep 15), so the Claymore will have to wait. :-(
Core i5 3550 | 8GB RAM | 500W | Samsung T260 | GTX760 OC | 4.56TB HDD space
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

I slowed down on the manga since, firstly, I've never been a huge manga fan and, secondly, the release rate requires religious commitment if you really want to reach the end.
It was however the most manga I've read in my life.

btw I wathced Kiba till the 5th last episode and the rest of them were awol. And I thought I had the entire series. :cry:
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

ZeroS wrote: btw I wathced Kiba till the 5th last episode and the rest of them were awol. And I thought I had the entire series. :cry:
Awfull you mean? I thought it was OK'ish.
Last edited by SoulBlade on 04 Mar 2008, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Weaklings!

I will admit, knowing the endgame eta was a shocking revelation for me too, but, I've come to far to stop now. Besides, the story has never been this good. I'll be sticking with it for some time to come.

Claymore manga has no production team. There's not a bunch of people working on a project. There is but one man, Yagi Norihiro, responsible for writing this intriguing tale, drawing his thoughts on paper, and shipping it to press. Now if he alone can do all that, surely I can manage 5 minutes a month and follow his work.

Anyways...

Here's a cool pic of our seven ghosties :

And this one of Miata I really like (she showed her face for the first time in the manga now btw, like her a whole lot more:

If you all aint gonna post I'll just entertain myself posting pics then. :lol:
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

I might not be following his work yet but I am following your posts, esp the pics...*hint hint*
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

:( I've forgotten who's who already.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

DAMN, if the manga is going to take THAT long to finish, then I think I will rather wait till its closer to finishing...

This actually kinda ruins it for me! :?
I hope they turn the entire manga series into an anime series! :twisted: :twisted: 8) 8)

Im also following most of your posts Rayne....BTW how old are you? Might give me a better estimation on how long it will take untill its complete. :P
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

Hahaha, nah I just haven't read since last year :P
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

AWOL = Absent WithOut Leave
And yeah, it was ok'ish.

Keep them pics coming Rayne. That second one is a work of essence.
Thanks!
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

PsyCLown wrote:...how long it will take untill its complete. :P
The first publication went live in the monthly Shounen Jump in 2001.

25 volumes, 6 chapters per volume, montly chapter realse.

Claymore will come to an end in 2014* / 2015*.

* = Nobody knows. If the artists dies tonight then I guess Claymore ends tomorrow. If all goes well budget on 7 years, inconsistancies taken into account. 6 years or close thereto at the earliest.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

To keep track of the manga releases :

English distribution by VIZ Media. Obtainable locally at AnimeDirect and AWX

Volume 1 : Silver-Eyed Slayer (192 pages)
A village is gripped by fear and paranoia when a Yoma claims six lives. The Claymore who is sent to slay the creature isn't what the villagers expect at all. In fact, she seems more monster than human.

Volume 2 : Darkness in Paradise (192 pages)
Claire and the orphan Raki travel to the town of Rabona, where a Yoma has been stalking the priests inside the cathedral. The creature could be one of the guards, or even a priest, but this time Claire won't be able to sense its aura. Does she stand a chance against the stealthy Yoma?

Volume 3 : Teresa of the Faint Smile (200 pages)
Clare's first battle with the Yoma of Rabona has left her body drained and shattered. With no time to recover, she must face the creature again after it chooses Raki as its next victim. Luckily, Raki remembers that he is carrying Clare's trusted broadsword and manages to get it into her hands. But unlike Clare, the Yoma is fighting at full strength and thirsting for blood...

Volume 4 : Marked for Death (200 pages)
Teresa, a powerful Claymore, saves a young girl from her bandit captors and leaves the child in the care of some villagers. But triumph quickly gives way to despair when the situation takes a tragic turn, and Teresa is forced to kill a human--an act that will condemn her to death at the hands of her own kind.

Volume 5 : The Slashers (200 pages)
The Claymore warrior Teresa has broken the cardinal rule that forbids her kind from killing humans. In time, a group of Claymores comes to kill her, and yet Teresa defeats them all with her superior skill and experience. But rather than slay the powerful ringleader, Teresa decides to spare her instead--an act of human weakness that will have devastating consequences for them all.

Volume 6 : The Endless Gravestones (200 pages)
Clare and her fellow Claymores are nearing the end of their strength in their battle against the Awakened Being--a male ex-Claymore who can no longer control his Yoma powers. Not only is Clare the weakest among them, but she has taken the worst of the creature's attacks as well, and yet she may be their only hope in discovering the Awakened Being's weakness.

Volume 7 : Fit for Battle (192 pages)
Fearing that she's no match for the deadly Claymore named Ophelia, Clare spirits her companion Raki away to relative safety. But no matter how far they run, they won't be able to escape Ophelia's heightened senses. And now that Ophelia knows that Clare has awakened, she will not rest until she has destroyed Clare.

Volume 8 : The Witch's Maw (200 pages)
Clare's battle with the awakened Ophelia ends with a surprising request from Ophelia. Ominous signs begin to emerge as Clare searches for Raki. Not only are the usually solitary Yoma joining forces, they appear to be preparing for battle. More mysteriously, Clare is taken captive by a male Awakened Being and held in a dungeon with other Claymores. Who are her captors, and what do they want?

Volume 9 : The Deep Abyss of Purgatory (200 pages)
Clare and her fellow Claymores Galatea and Jean must battle the Awakened Beings that are holding them captive. In the process, they find their captors' true motive: by torturing the warriors, they want to force them to awaken, and join them in a gathering of Yoma. Will Clare and her comrades be able to defeat the Awakened Beings without becoming one themselves?

Volume 10 : The Battle of the North (192 pages)
Clare and a group of Claymores are sent to the north to battle a group of Yoma that have banded together under the command of Isley, a powerful Awakened Being. When the warriors arrive, they find their new enemies to be unusually dangerous. They are incredibly strong, well-organized, and seem to have a plan to dominate the entire region. Will the Claymores be able to stop this monstrous army?

Volume 11 : Kindred of Paradise (200 pages)
In the northern town of Pieta, Clare and a force of Claymores battle a troupe of Awakened Ones to prevent them from advancing south. Their orders are to hold off the evil horde at all costs, while the Organization prepares a secret weapon. Clare and her comrades realize that theirs is a suicide mission. As their friends fall one by one, the warriors band together to make their last stand.

Volume 12 : 2008-07-01
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

Oh man, a live action flick will rock.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

I dont like liveaction movies :D

Nice post there Rayne...

I WANT MORE OF THE ANIME!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

There will not be any more anime sadly.

/ Volumes awaiting English translation -

Volume 12 : Together With The Soul

From the 24 Claymores stationed in Pieta, a mere 7 survived. These 7 lied dormant in the lands of the North, surpressing their Yoki so as to go un-noticed. During this time, bound by the bonds of their fallen comrades, they have trained their bodies to fight without the need for Yoki release. In their hunger for revenge they practiced until they threw up blood, pushing their bodies to it's limits, mastering both their prior and adobted techniques of their comrades who fell in Pieta. Now, post 7 year time-skip, we are introduced to a new generation of Claymores as well as a new sub-main character, the new number 47, Clarice, who's tasked with an Awakened Being hunt in the Northern area, leading to her groups eventual rescue by the ghosts of those believed to be, long since dead...

Volume 13 : The Deceptive Enchantress

After the groups decision to venture South, our 7 ghosts unexpectedly noticed a hunting squad's encounter with the Abyssal One, Riful. Ignorant of the fact that their merely being toyed with as Riful was surpressing her incomparable Yoki, the party proceeded to draw their swords against her. Realising only death awaits them, Miria, Clare, Helen and Deneve set out to recover their unknown comrades. In a swift confrontation the party is saved but, whilst everyone fled from the Abyssal, Clare, in search of information on the powers that be, decided to stay...

Note that Volume 13 also included the release of 4 Gaiden chapters, the Extra Scenes, already referred to earlier in this thread.

Volume 14 : The Childish Dagger

Back at the organization Clarice is tasked to purge Galatea, now a deserter of the Northern Campaign, with an unstable Miata, the current number 4, a mere child harboring monstrous strength. They track Galatea and eventually come face to face with her in the city of Rabona, where she spent the past 7 years in hiding. She however, reveals the true reason she deserted, requiring the strength of her persuers against a former number 2 Awakaned who, up until now, cleverly hid herself in this holy city. Galatea did not however, foresee the actions of her hunter, 'Blood Eyes' Miata...

I'll reword it and update the prior post once the Volumes are available.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

No manga this month. :(
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

**** it's been two months but, it is time -

What we've thus seen and came to know in the world of "Claymore" was but a stepping stone leading to the actual plot. After so many years Miria finally tells what she learned of the Organization. This is quite a revelation. So much so that it renders what we saw in the anime redundant. It seems Claymore's, just starting.
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

Sheesh it's been a while
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

"The teen of yesterday has grown to become a fierce warrior".

Wonder what Clare's gonna say when she sees him now. Wondering who the little girl with him is too.
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

To which volume are you referrring to?
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

I think im going to get the missing chapters and then ill start reading it soon :D

Spoiler (show)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Volume 12 was a 7 year time-skip.

Volume 14 chapter 80. Raki's all grown up now, and his kicking Yoma bottom.

Clare's going to fall in love with him if she sees him now. He has a small girl with him, as yet unknown, and she can sense Yoki.

Makes sense though. He was trained by Isley.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

After watching the anime I thought that the whole question of the organization was not explored deeply enough. After what you said about Miria learning a lot about it, I seriously hope they make another series of episodes about it. Seriously enjoyed this anime.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken