Claymore

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

Cowboy Bebop is another high quality anime. Do watch it.
Also try Gungrave, Samurai Shamploo and Eureka Seven.
Those I personally recommend.
Core i5 3550 | 8GB RAM | 500W | Samsung T260 | GTX760 OC | 4.56TB HDD space
Demoraliser

Post by Demoraliser »

Thanks SB... will look those up.
Lee Mercer (Angel): This is getting ridiculous. The first assassin kills the second assassin sent to kill the first assassin, who didnt assassinate anyone until we hired the second assassin to assassinate her.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Lol I'm also yet to finish Cowboy Bebop. We can say what we wan't, but a lot of older shows cannot compete with the new ones anymore. Demoraliser I don't know if you like visual novels, but if you liked the anime then the manga should really impress you.

And yeah, Raki... there's not much to say about him. In a lot of anime you'll see woman emotionally kiss goodbey younger guys, like Eva for example. I'm not sure on this but I don't think it implies any actual sexual attraction, but rather a desperate encouragement. She needed to get Raki away from Ophelia as soon as possible and he was quite reluctant to part from her. So I don't know... Raki took to Priscilla and Clare saw him a younger brother imho. Their situation also resembles her own she shared with Teresa to her.

/ Wtf still no # 77 manga!
Demoraliser

Post by Demoraliser »

Thanks for that Rayne... i saw the similarity between Raki and Clare's relationship and Clare and Teressa's... but mind couldnt help but wonder.

i will check the graphic novel when i get time. i will watch this space for more hints on what to watch next.
Lee Mercer (Angel): This is getting ridiculous. The first assassin kills the second assassin sent to kill the first assassin, who didnt assassinate anyone until we hired the second assassin to assassinate her.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

I'm finishing Seirei no Moribito tonight. Check it out as well, it's really good.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

The japanese have a thing for incest so given the circumstances, Raki would bone her.... in a doujin perhaps.

But I concur with Rayne about Raki.

However, I think Raki was meant to play a larger role and with that in mind when I was watching Claymore and Raki said he wanted to be stronger, I really thought he was gonna down young Clare's road, becoming a Claymore himself.
It seemed to accord well at the time with the organisation experimenting on everything.

Perhaps, in the end Clare will die, Yoma will still live and Raki will take Clare as part of himself to become a claymore.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

ZeroS wrote:But I concur with Rayne about Raki.

However, I think Raki was meant to play a larger role and with that in mind when I was watching Claymore and Raki said he wanted to be stronger, I really thought he was gonna down young Clare's road, becoming a Claymore himself.
It seemed to accord well at the time with the organisation experimenting on everything.

Perhaps, in the end Clare will die, Yoma will still live and Raki will take Clare as part of himself to become a claymore.
Yeah, the relationships between Raki and Clare and Clare and Teressa are fairly obvious.

I also thought something was going to happen where Raki would become a Claymore. When I saw the male awakened being then I thought it was definatly going to happen as its possible.etc

He had a few opportunitys to eat it and all, but im not 100% sure how exactly you have to get the Yoma meat to become a Claymore.

Claymore is an awsome series. Up there with Elfen Lied for me. Just they need to carry on with the anime and try get back on track with the manga somehow.

I think im going to download the manga and start reading it. Never really read manga before. Use to love web-comics...so cant be too differet, apart from there being no colour.
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

If you find a dl link please send it my way.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

I'd be broken if they made a second season which takes after the manga. Once I know the story, I doubt I would want to watch it a second time.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Lol, to tease you guys a bit...

Without spoiling, you can tell even from the anime, you should recall Easley's original plan to conquer the lands of the South against Luciela. He devided his Awakened Beings sending one group East and one group West, whilst he himself would head South. At this time the 24 Claymores under Miria defended the first city of Pieta against the Awakened Beings stationed there. Now, from the anime we've all seen what a fight for survival the battle of Pieta turned out to be. However, the anime did not show you what happened to those heading East and West. The group who headed West bumped into Riful, so that part's self-explanatory. However, if I were to tell you the 11 who headed East fell to one single Claymore...

Seriously, stop thining about it and GO GET THE MANGA!
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Weren't they butchered by the twins?
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

By a twin. :twisted:
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Rayne wrote:By a twin. :twisted:

:D Ah yes! My bad.

Those twins are freaky.....
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

I feel sorry for them. More so for Miata though.
larch

Post by larch »

ZeroS wrote:The japanese have a thing for incest so given the circumstances, Raki would bone her.... in a doujin perhaps.

But I concur with Rayne about Raki.

He does bone her in the doujin
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Man you're up to date with the H! :P
j/k

H... not for me.
larch

Post by larch »

ZeroS wrote:Man you're up to date with the H! :P
j/k

H... not for me.
http://g.e-hentai.org/?page=1&f_doujins ... ply+Filter
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/read ... 8.14-077.0

EDIT : Replaced link. Better translation.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Where can I get the translated Data Books?
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Lol.

SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

Finished ep 23. Raki is beginning to piss me off.
Demoraliser

Post by Demoraliser »

Bwahahaha...

he is a little wimp thats what he is. I just made up my mind, i despise his character.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Hmmm, maybe Priscilla should just have eaten him...

Though his not shown a whole lot in the anime so he does not interfere with the plot.

Even less so in the manga. When asked, Clare describes the thing with Raki as a "side-trip".
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Brilliant Rayne!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Nice pic -