Breaking news for anime fans!!!

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
larch

Re: Breaking news for anime fans!!!

Post by larch »

PsyCLown wrote:
larch wrote:
Ahzure wrote:Now that you mention it; Black Lagoon: Second Barrage was shown in Japanese but without subtitles. It was quite an experience !
Yeah saw was pretty fail but thats Animax for you, lucky picking up my metal tinbox of 2nd season this weekend.
ROFL...so they seriously broadcasted/ing Season 2 in Japanese audio with NO SUBTITLES??! ROFL!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah no jokes I fell off my **** chair laughing
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

I see that tonight’s episode of Black Lagoon was subtitled.
Rules that an Evil Overlord must live by!

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Ahzure wrote:I see that tonight’s episode of Black Lagoon was subtitled.
:lol: So they got it right!! Were the subs the ugly looking VobSubs you get on the original anime DVDs? :?
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

The subtitles looked okay.
I see that Witchblade and Record of Lodoss War - Chronicles of the Heroic Knight starts next month

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
Faltzer

Post by Faltzer »

Animax are doing a really bad job atm, they should definitely get some more options available for the fans. :P
Live anime, eat anime, sleep anime... probably die from eating anime...
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination!
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Animax ASIA's a major station.

Personally I hate repeats. I'm not someone you'll find watching a movie twice so I hate Animax. I watch little TV as is but this really is the last channel on my mind when I do.

If they can sort out their scheduling then they'll be just fine.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

I agree with you Rayne, I also cant stand watching the same thing twice. I just feel as if its a waste of time as well as it can become very boring and most of the thrill isnt quite there as you know whats going to happen. Takes away the suspence which is what I enjoy I guess...

Apparently Witchblade wasnt bad, a friend of mine watched it and said he enjoyed it (jap audio, eng subs).
Lets hope they become better, so far with the english subs and jap audio its a step in the right direction IMO...

Next they need to get some nice proper shows on and try not to ruin it by messing up the broadcasting times and repeating the same episode too many times.etc
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

The Record of Lodoss War OVA was shown earlier this month in German (with English subs) which sounded pretty cool. Immediately following the end of the OVA the Record of Lodoss War TV series started (Japanese language with English subs)

It’s a shame that Witchblade didn’t start as advertised in the Dish guide.

Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

I see that Le Chevalier D’Eon and He is My Master starts tonight, finaly there’s something new on Animax

nuku_za

Post by nuku_za »

Hope they are subtitled!!
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

I don’t mind that Animax screens anime with subtitles but I have a problem with the fact that the aspect ratio is not adjusted accordingly. You constantly have to guess what’s written because certain letters can’t or don’t fit onto the screen.
Anyway I have to say that the first two episodes of Le Chevalier D’Eon were very enjoyable.

Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

According to the Otaku mag Peace Maker starts on 19 March and it would seem that this is the last issue of Otaku.

PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Yeh, the last issue of Otaku unless they get, I think its 500? subscribers...

Lets see what happens.

Spoiler (show)
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

I’m curious is a subscription really worth it, there is a few back issues I want but other than that the Otaku mag wasn’t really that informative.

I heard they deleted some of Larch’s post, in which he gave some constructive criticism.

PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Ahzure wrote:I’m curious is a subscription really worth it, there is a few back issues I want but other than that the Otaku mag wasn’t really that informative.

I heard they deleted some of Larch’s post, in which he gave some constructive criticism.
Well, I think it would be for the new mags if they get enough cash and so on...
Otherwise they refund you or something - no clue...

From what I heard Larch got banned and so on...
Don't really care, doesn't effect me. I don't use their forums, don't like it much.

Not the type of forum I want. I want a forum that has proper nice chats, no Bleach or Naruto ***** either.
Members who are mature and know stuff and so on. Where they talk about nice good anime series and are fair and so on.

Have yet to find one though.

Spoiler (show)
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

I missed the first three episodes of Peacemaker, thankfully Animax tends to repeats things so I’ll catch it when the cycle begins anew and it looks like Death Note starts on the 22 April, that’s quite impressive.

Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

Apparently, Bleach starts on Saturday July 18 at 20h15, well at least according to the Times. I hope that it will replace some of those live action shows

StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Amazing that after 2 years you can still watch everything that they ever broadcasted.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Current Animax lineup:

Reruns 10pm-1pm
Not Anime 1pm - 10pm

Is it just me or is the current trend for advertising to try and be worse than the previous ad?
My Steam Screenshots

cyberfox271

Post by cyberfox271 »

Animax drowned...in bull<*insert variable here*> shows.
" Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person, at the right time and for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not within everyone's power and that is not easy " - Aristotle

"You stupid dog, You make me look bad! awooga wooga wooga!"
cyberfox271

Post by cyberfox271 »

Nowadays I'd rather watch universal channel than animax.. :|
" Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person, at the right time and for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not within everyone's power and that is not easy " - Aristotle

Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

tbh, it had the potential but maybe due to stuff like copyright and such, the channel was limited.

although in no way do see how they could have achieved their "anime fanbase" with all the crap that was aired more than actual anime.

also the fact that the schedule of shows was so freaking unorganized, no wonder people never got to see a show from beginning to end.

why I wish something like fan-subbing was allowed. I would love to watch it on TV with subs from my best subbers rather than that dubbed crap.

the other day my bro came and said that he watch 1 or 2 episodes of Bleach and it wasn't too bad and I almost threw him with something. :D

so far the only dubbed anime I have enjoyed was: Elfen, Chrono Crusade, Gundam SEED/Destiny (think 1 or 2 more)

I told him that with the original voices, emotions are displayed so much better. I can't stand those fake English actors trying to mimic something like getting shot/stabbed/kicked/kissed/grabbed.
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Well I didnt think Bleach was to bad but I didnt have the ova. Even if they showed 1 episode of Bleach 4 times a day it would have worked. Showing 2 then stopping at episode 50 and then shortening it to 40 episodes was killing it.
My Steam Screenshots

cyberfox271

Post by cyberfox271 »

my favorite show use to be bleach, until i discovered zegapain. Then mangafox.com showed me the world of all the manga out there. Why can't they get the copyrights and such? I would think it's an easy task. I think that would be the most viewed channel in the bouquet. even if they just aired 5 different shows...it would still be better than it use to be.

Sakura454

Post by Sakura454 »

It has been cancelled. It had to many reruns with better planning it could have survived.