Breaking news for anime fans!!!

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

FluffKing wrote:Didn't we figure that out 6 months ago?

The Gantz advert just stated Sat and Sun so I assumed Only then, which was wrong.

Gantz is definitely strange. I also find it strange the first thing that happens when the girl appears is main guy kisses her then the Yakuza guy tries to rape her. Main guys childhood friend is now my hero, for being the hero :)
I think that in the time you were gone it has been pointed out that one thing people disliked about Animax was the fact that episodes were not shown in chronological order and to the best of my knowledge no has pointed out that programs follow two cycles one for weekends and one for weekdays; at least not in this thread.

Look if you’re a 15 year old teenage boy and a naked busty beautiful girl falls into your lap I hardly think you’d stand up shake her hand, what Kurono did was just heat of the moment.
Rules that an Evil Overlord must live by!

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
FluffKing

Post by FluffKing »

Oh, right, sorry I said all that on the NAG forums the first tuesday after Animax started. It was pretty obvious -but the pain was that the day started at 6pm, so you basically ended up with the cycle being tuesday to Saturday and the weekend being Sun and Mon. But the new shows all seem to be in the right place with Mon-Fri and Sat-Sun.

Also if a beautiful busty girl appeared out of no-where and falls into my lap -I'd be my boring self and give her my shirt and any clothes I could find -yeah, I'm weird that way.

Also is Wolf Rain really a late night show? I haven't seen any reason why it's on so late -it's a pretty cool show too.
PM for details
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

It’s easy to get confused; I’ve made mistakes like that as well.
You know what it seems like you and I are the only one’s watching Animax.

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Well most anime watchers already saw what there is to now see years ago so the small following makes sense.
FluffKing

Post by FluffKing »

Read As "Most Anime Watchers are pirates" -_-

Sorry, couldn't resist
PM for details
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

FluffKing wrote:Read As "Most Anime Watchers are pirates" -_-

Sorry, couldn't resist
Rephrase to:
Animax is outdated with the stuff they are showing.
:roll: noob
Temporary Absence
FluffKing

Post by FluffKing »

What, the rest of DSTV, ETV and SABC isn't?

The only way you'd have seen those shows before Animax is if you live in another country, imported them, or got them by downloading, or from a friend.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to watch my...um...perfectly legal Kiddy Grade show I...um...didn't get from a lan
PM for details
larch

Post by larch »

Anthropoid wrote:

Sorry, couldn't resist
Rephrase to:
Animax is outdated with the stuff they are showing.
:roll: noob
You mean the it is the channel of endless re-runs noob :P
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

Angelic Layer was my first introduction to CLAMP and Jpop. I never knew that Misaki’s voice actress sings the opening theme (Japanese V/A are so versatile) and the ending theme by HAL is probably one of the most played songs on my play list.
It really is a shame though that English dub doesn’t do the series justice

Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

I’m unable to see or find anything redeemable about Final Fantasy: Unlimited, I can’t believe one has to sit through 26 episodes of this series.

R3D

Post by R3D »

Sorry, couldn't resist
after youve watched one piece youd fancy yourself a pirate too :pirate:
i know i did.

BTW why would i pay for something i can get for free?!
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

Looks like Neon Genesis Evangelion (Platinum Collection – Director’s Cut) starts next month, at least that's what the June edition of Dish says.

Zenbaas

Post by Zenbaas »

Ahzure wrote:Looks like Neon Genesis Evangelion (Platinum Collection – Director’s Cut) starts next month, at least that's what the June edition of Dish says.
Yeah. I'be seen it before, and wouldn't mind seeing it again. Not the greatest for me personally, but very entertaining at times nevertheless.
Who knows, maybe i'll enjoy it more second time around :)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

I doubt I'll watch it, again. Seen it like twice before. I'll just follow the rest of the remakes now personally.
Zenbaas

Post by Zenbaas »

Actually the first time i saw it was when the sci fi channel was still running. Would stay up every sat&sunday night to watch the animes they had at 12. Was hard work but what else was available anyway.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

It looks like Chrono Crusade is the only knew series starting on Animax in July. Seems like most of new series shown over the last couple of months have all been ADV titles.

Rayne

Post by Rayne »

I'll watch Chrno again any time. My favorite dub.
Ahzure

Re: Breaking news for anime fans!!!

Post by Ahzure »

I’ve heard that Burst Angel will air next month, I hope it’s true.

PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Bakuretsu Tenshi was pretty good...
The ending however, was rather strange...at the time as I was still fairly new to anime when I watched it :P

I remember I had problems remembering Burst Angel's Japanese name at the time, it was damn hard to try remember quite a few of the Japanese names when I first started as the language is completely different :P :lol:
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

I see that Black Lagoon: Second Barrage aired last night.

PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Ahzure wrote:I see that Black Lagoon: Second Barrage aired last night.
It aired in Jap audio Eng subs right? How was it if you watched? Normal DVD looking subs.etc?
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

Now that you mention it; Black Lagoon: Second Barrage was shown in Japanese but without subtitles. It was quite an experience !

PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Ahzure wrote:Now that you mention it; Black Lagoon: Second Barrage was shown in Japanese but without subtitles. It was quite an experience !
o.0 W-T-F...
Japanese audio with no subtitles? wow...thats extremely useful to the majority of South Africa!! :roll:
Unless there was an option to turn it on and you just didnt turn the subs on? :P

Spoiler (show)
larch

Post by larch »

Ahzure wrote:Now that you mention it; Black Lagoon: Second Barrage was shown in Japanese but without subtitles. It was quite an experience !
Yeah saw was pretty fail but thats Animax for you, lucky picking up my metal tinbox of 2nd season this weekend.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

larch wrote:
Yeah saw was pretty fail but thats Animax for you, lucky picking up my metal tinbox of 2nd season this weekend.
ROFL...so they seriously broadcasted/ing Season 2 in Japanese audio with NO SUBTITLES??! ROFL!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler (show)