Breaking news for anime fans!!!

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

If I understand it correctly Magister Negi Magi-Negima was created by Ken Akamatsu who also happens to be behind Love Hina. I happen to like Magister Negi Mage – Negima a lot more than Love Hina. The last four episodes of Magister Negi Mage – Negima especially blew my mind, not to mention Negi got to kiss all the girls.
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

the channel is starting to make me boil...

the series keep starting over again and again...

did Eureka actually finish? did Magister actually finish?
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G
larch

Post by larch »

Off-The-Chart wrote:the channel is starting to make me boil...

Negima and Eureka are still in the process of being dubbed and put onto DVD hence the restarts in the show.

Last volume of Eureka 7 is out next month unsure about Negima.
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

they mention South Africa in Black Lagoon as well
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

larch wrote:
Off-The-Chart wrote:the channel is starting to make me boil...

Negima and Eureka are still in the process of being dubbed and put onto DVD hence the restarts in the show.

Last volume of Eureka 7 is out next month unsure about Negima.
That was a stupid move imo... To pu it on tv and it not even finish it's dubbing... So now they will have to re-show the show just for those last episodes... Or maybe they will just show the last episodes, in which I would have forgotten the first episodes... :(
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

Kher-za wrote:they mention South Africa in Black Lagoon as well
Sorry but can you remember in which episode?
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

In the original Japanese version too yes. Can't remember what episode though.
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

around episode 14 i think, where the two twins went on a rampage and Hotel Moscow had them killed, where the last twin gets shot after she gets off the black lagoon at the docks.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

Thanks. Fine I’ll check it out because I’m a little curious as to why South Africa was mentioned
larch

Post by larch »

Kher-za wrote:around episode 14 i think, where the two twins went on a rampage and Hotel Moscow had them killed, where the last twin gets shot after she gets off the black lagoon at the docks.
That only takes place in the 2nd season of the show.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

larch wrote:
Kher-za wrote:around episode 14 i think, where the two twins went on a rampage and Hotel Moscow had them killed, where the last twin gets shot after she gets off the black lagoon at the docks.

That means I’ll have to wait for Animax to screen season 2 , damn that's sure to be a long wait.
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

yeah...

I think they have re-shown the 1st season about 4 times now :(

and counting :evil:
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

Despite all its faults (namely Lip sync issues I really like Hinotori – The Phoenix. There is just something about it that reminds of me of the type of anime we saw back in the 80’s. Maybe it’s just me but somehow it just seems a little inappropriate to show a series like Hinotori – The Phoenix in such an early timeslot, it’s really quite violent.
ichigo

Post by ichigo »

animax channel is a little disappointing, coz cmon they really dont need to repeat shows like samurai 7 over an over again :evil:
What you see is what you want to see, but what you do see you can\'t

Baka Wa Shinanakya Naoranai
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

I have really not enjoyed the shows I have seen on Animax - having the share drive with the English subs was so so much better - it is just that the English voices 'dont gel' as well as the Jap ones...
Temporary Absence
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

If it wasn’t for the dub I don’t think I’d be able to watch Blackjack because @ 02h00 in the morning I’m too tired to read subtitles. I’m not a big fan of Bandai’s dubs but I must admit the dub for Eureka 7 is better than most of their titles. I’m just wondering how long the reruns will continue
Rules that an Evil Overlord must live by!

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
Cure

Post by Cure »

Thanks. Fine I’ll check it out because I’m a little curious as to why South Africa was mentioned
One of the guys a transporters son lived in South Africa with his wife and kids and got cancer so the guy wanted to give up the illigal transporting job and go live with his dieing son.

Anyway most of the good stuff I've already seen and those that I haven't I already finished watching in the first month. So far they've only added 4 new shows and they just keep repeating everything else.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

Ahzure wrote:Despite all its faults (namely Lip sync issues I really like Hinotori – The Phoenix. There is just something about it that reminds of me of the type of anime we saw back in the 80’s. Maybe it’s just me but somehow it just seems a little inappropriate to show a series like Hinotori – The Phoenix in such an early timeslot, it’s really quite violent.
its a cartoon!!!!!
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
larch

Post by larch »

ichigo wrote:animax channel is a little disappointing, coz cmon they really dont need to repeat shows like samurai 7 over an over again :evil:
Animax is going to go the same way that Sci-fi channel went all those years ago. Everyone one thought it was the snizz the first couple of months until the re runs started to show. Then the complaining started and soon afterwards it got removed.

Animax is going down the same path, I did predict this would happen but people called me negative oh well.
larch

Post by larch »

Ahzure wrote:
larch wrote:

That means I’ll have to wait for Animax to screen season 2 , damn that's sure to be a long wait.
I am not sure how Animax will achieve showing Black Lagoon Season 2 since Geneon the distributer is no more so no dubbing or dvd printing has been done of the show yet.

I think Animax jumped the gun a bit.
Cure

Post by Cure »

Animax is going to go the same way that Sci-fi channel went all those years ago. Everyone one thought it was the snizz the first couple of months until the re runs started to show.
True is was good until they started with the 12 hour Star Trek marathons. Lets hope Animax doesn't go down that path...
ichigo

Post by ichigo »

i think i kept my hopes too high about the animax channel :!:
What you see is what you want to see, but what you do see you can\'t

Baka Wa Shinanakya Naoranai
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

KillerByte wrote:
Ahzure wrote:Despite all its faults (namely Lip sync issues I really like Hinotori – The Phoenix. There is just something about it that reminds of me of the type of anime we saw back in the 80’s. Maybe it’s just me but somehow it just seems a little inappropriate to show a series like Hinotori – The Phoenix in such an early timeslot, it’s really quite violent.
its a cartoon!!!!!
Sorry but would you care to elaborate.

Currently there’s a promo running on DSTV promoting Skunk Fu!; Ben 10 and Hinotori – The Phoenix. This is somewhat misleading and as a result people now tend to mistake Hinotori – The Phoenix for a “cartoon”
All shows with the exception of Hinotori – The Phoenix (episodes air on Animax) are shown on Cartoon Network

Five minutes into the first episode (Hinotori – The Phoenix) the character we are lead to believe is main protagonist meets his end, later when his village is attacked all the men are killed, as are the old and infirm. Next children under a certain age are slaughtered; the beautiful women are separated from the others (and we all know what happens to beautiful women in war) You can actually see how one warrior is pin cushioned with arrows till he resembles a porcupine. It’s not all doom and gloom though because in one episode we’re treated to a full backal nudity scene courtesy of the beautiful princes. Well as you can see it clearly not a program for children, the early morning and late afternoon time slot (when it’s broadcast) doesn’t help either

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Nah let them show it then. It's just a cartoon afterall.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

larch wrote:
Ahzure wrote:
larch wrote:

I am not sure how Animax will achieve showing Black Lagoon Season 2 since Geneon the distributer is no more so no dubbing or dvd printing has been done of the show yet.

I think Animax jumped the gun a bit.

Someone wrote/e-mailed a letter to DSTV asking about new series and new episodes on Animax .This was their reply.

“Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for the delayed response.
Please be advised that MultiChoice, whilst not programming nor scheduling the individual channels, does work very closely with its channel suppliers to provide the best possible content for the African Market.

Repeats are integral to the business plans of pay TV channel providers and a necessary component in the multi-channel environment, for viewer convenience, as well as due to the manner in which movie rights are secured. To package a channel with fewer repeats would make the cost of the channel astronomical and thus not affordable for the DStv viewer

We confirm that due to delivery problems with the material of Eureka Seven, we were forced to restart Eureka Seven from Episode 1. We are trying to get the outstanding episodes on air as soon as possible

For Magister Negi Magi and Black Lagoon 2nd session we are planning to air both shows sometime this year.

With regards to the repeats, MultiChoice works closely with channel suppliers to ensure that programming meets quality standards for a premiun Pay-TV platform.

It is difficult to please every subscriber as subcribers have different tastes and preferences; therefore DSTV offers a variey of programmes and channels to cater for a huge and diverse subscriber base.

Repeating programmes is very valuable as it also allows other subcribers to catch up on a programme they would have otherwise missed. We provide repeats because our customer' request them.

Before purchasing any new programmes, there is an agreement between MultiChoice and the supplier that there will be so many screenings of a certain programme over specific time period. Once these screenings have been aired can we then purchase new episodes.

We have retained your query on record in order for us to follow up on your request for new programming."

Kind regards

N Prior (Ms)
MultiChoice Enquiries Team