Breaking news for anime fans!!!

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

I think Wolf’s rain starts later this month at least I hope so because you can’t trust the Dish guide. It would really be nice to see something new though.
No matter how many times they (Animax) repeat things I keep missing this one episode of Speed Grapher where the gender of Tsujido (the person with the nose) is revealed.
Rules that an Evil Overlord must live by!

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

According to the April edition of Dish, Black Cat and Gantz are set to start next month on Animax

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
larch

Post by larch »

“Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for the delayed response.
Please be advised that MultiChoice, whilst not programming nor scheduling the individual channels, does work very closely with its channel suppliers to provide the best possible content for the African Market.

Repeats are integral to the business plans of pay TV channel providers and a necessary component in the multi-channel environment, for viewer convenience, as well as due to the manner in which movie rights are secured. To package a channel with fewer repeats would make the cost of the channel astronomical and thus not affordable for the DStv viewer

We confirm that due to delivery problems with the material of Eureka Seven, we were forced to restart Eureka Seven from Episode 1. We are trying to get the outstanding episodes on air as soon as possible

For Magister Negi Magi and Black Lagoon 2nd session we are planning to air both shows sometime this year.

With regards to the repeats, MultiChoice works closely with channel suppliers to ensure that programming meets quality standards for a premiun Pay-TV platform.

It is difficult to please every subscriber as subcribers have different tastes and preferences; therefore DSTV offers a variey of programmes and channels to cater for a huge and diverse subscriber base.

Repeating programmes is very valuable as it also allows other subcribers to catch up on a programme they would have otherwise missed. We provide repeats because our customer' request them.

Before purchasing any new programmes, there is an agreement between MultiChoice and the supplier that there will be so many screenings of a certain programme over specific time period. Once these screenings have been aired can we then purchase new episodes.

We have retained your query on record in order for us to follow up on your request for new programming."

Kind regards

N Prior (Ms)
MultiChoice Enquiries Team
We confirm that due to delivery problems with the material of Eureka Seven, we were forced to restart Eureka Seven from Episode 1. We are trying to get the outstanding episodes on air as soon as possible

Thanks for letting us know before hand about this "small" detail as a broadcaster you should be aware of these issues long before they are suppose to pop up.

For Magister Negi Magi and Black Lagoon 2nd session we are planning to air both shows sometime this year.

Great thinking Animax/DSTV how are you going to show Black Lagoon 2nd Season if memory serves me Geneon who owned the rights to 2nd season is no more leaving the 2nd Season un-dubbed and in limbo.

Navarre CEO Kerry Deacon has hinted that FUNimation may be interested in acquiring Geneon titles like Black Lagoon, but no actual transfer of license has occured, as far as anyone knows.
So far, the first three DVDs containing episodes 1–12, have been released, completing the first season. The first DVD of The Second Barrage was scheduled for a November 20th, 2007 release, but as of now has been canceled
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lagoon
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

yeah, airing the newest shows wasn't a bad idea, except for the fact that that they should have thought about whether a second or 3rd season is already out and dubbed as well...

one thing that does indeed help with Animax, is the fact that you can get a "feel" of a show and then decide whether you would like to watch it or not...
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G
larch

Post by larch »

So Animeworx finally got a copy of Eureka Seven Volume 11 in stock which I went and picked up today. Which means now I am one DVD away from completing the awesome series. (Making it 12 DVD’s in total.) The funny thing is I might even get Volume 12 and watch it before Animax decides to one day screen them on there “channel of endless re runs” how **** sad is that…….

Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

well they have actually...

I was sad when I saw that it continued showing with eps which I haven't seen, even in all the re-runs... then one day it was the end... quite a sad ending, like most anime's, but it is definitely a series I would re-watch subbed...
endev8003

Post by endev8003 »

The only good thing I got from Animax is some new series that I didn't know, like Solty Rei and Speed Grapher. I wanted to watch Gundam Seed, but with the jumping around with the episodes, I gave up. :(
Btw, I see that the Solty Rei boxset has been released on AWX and Take2.

Does anyone know if the episode order is based on day and time slot. Meaning if they show an episode on Monday at 4, the next episode will show on the next Monday at 4. I know some series on DSTV show like that.
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

yes Endev, the 'new' episodes are followed... note that they are shown usually later in the day, e.g. Gundam episodes would be at about 18:15 and Eureka eps at about 20:00 or so...

this is mainly in the week, as the weekends are like most DSTV re-run channels... they show previous episodes of the series...
endev8003

Post by endev8003 »

Good to know if I ever start watching DSTV again. Rather play GW these days.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Gantz, cut or uncut?
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Gantz was cut originally. Their producers complained about Elfen because of it. No way it's going to be uncut. The manga is hardcore though.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

According to Anime News Network, an uncensored version of Gantz was aired on Animax in Spain in 2005.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

The Japanese version was cut/ edited for TV but released uncut on DVD. The ADV release, the version we’ll get to see on Animax is also uncut. For the release of season one or The First Stage, ADV released the 13 episodes over SIX DVDs just like their counterparts in Japan, thank goodness though you can know get the Thinpak for under R500.

Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

It’s been a while since I’ve heard an song sung/performed in English for a anime series. I love the Wolf’s Rain soundtrack but then I guess if Yoko Kanno is involved one is sure to expect greatness.

Rayne

Post by Rayne »

I can't help but lmao everytime I hear an English song by Japanese. They skip parts of the words. The only thing worse than an American trying to speak Japanese is a Japanese trying to speak English.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Rayne wrote:I can't help but lmao everytime I hear an English song by Japanese. They skip parts of the words. The only thing worse than an American trying to speak Japanese is a Japanese trying to speak English.
I usually skip songs like that. Bastardisation of English at such level is corrosive to the mind.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

Steve Conte (an American I think) sang the English tracks on the Wolf’s Rain soundtrack

For some reason a Japanese artist using English words in their songs tend to have a good run on the sales charts with such a song.

Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

I’m keeping my fingers crossed in the hope that Black Cat starts this week.

FluffKing

Post by FluffKing »

Wow, been close to two years since I've been here :)

Black Cat is....really weird, is it serious or perverted? Comedy or Horror/Action. The characters kick-bottom then turn into into cutsy kiddy characters. Interesting. Missed todays episode though.

(Just something I figured out)

When Eureka Seven ended I couldn't really understand the ending, until I learnt what the list Axel was reading at the end was -it meant nothing to me, because I can't read Japanese, but it was a pivotal plot-point.
Spoiler (show)
It's a year later and Axel is eating out with the kids (I still can't believe they're only 6, 4, 3 when the show ends). He's reading a register showing Renton and Eureka are Husband and Wife and have offically adopted the kids. This shows they came back, got married (how old are they?) then left on their world tour. This also implys the same thing must of happened to Anmone and Domenic who're shown briefly nearby where Renton/Eureka are seen.
PM for details
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Nope.

ImageImageImage
FluffKing

Post by FluffKing »

Well it's good to know what the letter Renton gave the kids says,

But the thing Axel at the end reads says they're all Thurtons (Plus Axel even says Renton came back)
PM for details
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

He did not.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

He did not imply Renton came back prior. Eureka's name in the family register does not mean he married her. Their like 14 and 15 years old. Seeing Renton and Eureka close at the end implied their coming back now.
FluffKing

Post by FluffKing »

...Yes he did

Quote "Renton was the only one to come back"

Seeing as he didn't during the series that shows he came back some time during the 1-year gap.
EDIT: I see your point, but there's no mistake that it was Renton and Eureka Thurston. I kinda doubt Axel would Adopt his grandsons girlfriend
Last edited by FluffKing on 12 Apr 2008, 23:38, edited 2 times in total.
PM for details
Firestrm_ZA
Deliciously Moist Cake
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5950X
Motherboard: ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
Graphics card: EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
Memory: 32GB 3600 G-Skill Trident Z RGB

Post by Firestrm_ZA »

anyone know when the Bleach Movie: Diamond Dust Rebellion will be released on fansubs?
https://carbonite.co.za - CUD central 8)