Dragon Ball Z Movie

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
DuncanMcCloud

Post by DuncanMcCloud »

qwiksilva666 wrote:wheres the teaser trailer!!! ^&*%^* im gona come in my pants
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

This will be sub-Street Fighter quality.
qwiksilva666

Post by qwiksilva666 »

mmm all the you tube trailers are fake - they have taken scenes from deep impact and the likes....movie is scheduled for 15 aug 2008 (usa release) and there are currently no trailers. :cry:
~~*Head of the Druidic Council of the Pride of Darkness*~~
AMD PhenomII X4 955
M4N98TD-EVO
ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP
8GB Corsair XMS
Antec TP 750W
larch

Post by larch »

LOL! I will pass on this doesn't matter how much money you throw at a production it wont make it any better.
qwiksilva666

Post by qwiksilva666 »

who cares :D its not like its going to change anyones lives....the fact of the matter is that it should be fun to watch...regardless of how closely it does or doesnt resemble DBZ/DB 8) much like the LotR trilogy - left alot out from the book but still was fun to watch. (for those who have never read the books it was probably AWESOME to watch.)
~~*Head of the Druidic Council of the Pride of Darkness*~~
AMD PhenomII X4 955
M4N98TD-EVO
ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP
8GB Corsair XMS
Antec TP 750W
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

They should get Chuck Norris to star in this... :lol:

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

@ Above 2 posts - QFT! :D
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
cYcLIc

Post by cYcLIc »

Rayne wrote:This will be sub-Street Fighter quality.
Is that even possible. 8O
◕ PhenomII X4 955 BE
◕ ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
◕ XFX 9800GT
◕ 2 x 2GB Corsaire XMS3 DDR3-1333
◕ Gigabyte Odin 550w
◕ Windows 7 Ultimate x64
larch

Post by larch »

cYcLIc wrote:
Rayne wrote:This will be sub-Street Fighter quality.
Is that even possible. 8O
Yeah and I think this DBZ movie will prove it I will rather wait for the blood+ live action looks way better than this.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

If I understand it correctly there’s plans for a new Street Fighter movie and casting is set to start soon
Rules that an Evil Overlord must live by!

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
Cure

Post by Cure »

If I understand it correctly there’s plans for a new Street Fighter movie and casting is set to start soon
Lets hope they get rid of van Dam and follow a story more like the anime movies, else its going to suck.

Oh and dbz isn't that bad, I just hope they don't make it for the kiddies.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

I find it quite surprising that the anime is still so popular after all these years, so I guess those fans can’t wait for the movie. I wonder when the promotional campaign for the movie will begin.
This might be a little off topic but I’ve heard that Kristin Kreuk (Lana Lang from Smallville) has been cast as Chun-Li in the upcoming Street Fighter movie . This time the movie is set to focus in detail on the back story of a certain character.

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
zerubabel

Post by zerubabel »

DBZ is still 10/10 for me.
I almost started watching the entire series again, but I wanna get high quality episodes, not watch the 32mb avi crap.

Funimation have been releasing the eps in HD, so I'm just waiting till it's all out, then maybe I can raise some funds (rob a bank) and buy it.
DBZ powa!!
Fut Fut Fut Freestailo!
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

I really respect the fact that after all these years you still love the series , I mean in recent years people have said that Dragonball Z has been surpassed by Naruto but if there’s one thing I’ve discovered about DBZ fans its that their quite loyal and passionate about their favorite series.
Sorry, forgive me for asking but what is your preferred language for watching DBZ?

Cure

Post by Cure »

I find it quite surprising that the anime is still so popular after all these years
Yeah the original DBZ started in 1990 in Japan and ended in 1997, although the english dub only came out in 2000.
Funimation have been releasing the eps in HD
Nice, just hope that their also releasing the uncut versions.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

zerubabel wrote:DBZ is still 10/10 for me.
I almost started watching the entire series again, but I wanna get high quality episodes, not watch the 32mb avi crap.
DBZ is licensed in SA, you pirate.

If you want high quality go buy the DVDs!

LOL! DBZ is for kids and sucked anyway.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

I believe the live-action Dragonball movie's opening has delayed from August 15, 2008 to April 3, 2009, that's if stories/reports on ComingSoon.net are to be believed. It would seem that movies such as The International, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Tropic Thunder and Wild Child are scheduled to open on August 15.
I was under the impression that movies released in summer tend too have the highest earnings but that they also face the fiercest competition

DuncanMcCloud

Re: Dragon Ball Z Movie

Post by DuncanMcCloud »

Was a bit of a fail movie... what was the director thinking with certain stuff...kamehameha...please!!! its so much more powerful...
Dustman

Post by Dustman »

I've watched the movie and was not impressed.

They start the movie off quite for the mainstream people without to much consideration for the facts. Even though it was weird I kind of enjoyed it. Halfway through they realize we have some dragonball fans and try and bring in some of the
Spoiler (show)
Ape stuff
but it was still very disappointing and the CGI sucked. BTW no Vegetta.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

hang on...

we're talking about that highly disturbing program where the main characters, (with really big hair who transformed into other characters with even bigger hair), would spend weeks alternately making grunting sounds and pummelling each other and had a storyline so sparse as to make ethiopia look like the larder of africa?...

and we're shocked - shocked - that a full length film based on this is bad? :lol:
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

BTW no Vegetta.
That sucks.
I would actually have gone and watched the movie if Vegetta was there and somebody had asked him what the scouter said about somebody else's power level and he replied it was over nine thousand.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

o.t. BluePsyche went to see Street Fighter on Friday and he says it's good (-ish). I'll give it a bash some time.

The DBZ trailer looks awful and everyone who's seen the movie say it's a waste of time.

@ Jamin

Lawls, I wanted to see that too :)
t3h blog
"Hail Eärendil, of mariners most renowned, the looked for that cometh at unawares, the longed for that cometh beyond hope! Hail Eärendil, bearer of light before the Sun and Moon! Splendour of the Children of Earth, star in the darkness, jewel in the sunset, radiant in the morning!"

Of the Voyage of Eärendil , The Silmarillion
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

Dustman wrote:BTW no Vegetta.
which means we should all pay attention that the movie title is DRAGONBALL EVOLUTION and not DRAGONBALL Z EVOLUTION which would have told you there won't be Vegeta. but ofc they could have not taken that into account and added him anyway.

I have found myself a few times just maybe wanting to watch this, but then I turn to the trailer and my mind is instantly made up again...
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G
Hybrid_Halogen

Post by Hybrid_Halogen »

I watched it and made a huge rant somewhere ..........it sucks........and a sequel is coming >_>
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

Where I come from Vegetta is the name of a spice.

Use it, don't use it..
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken