Naruto discussions here

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
daBoss

Naruto discussions here

Post by daBoss »

Naruto fillers to end at 199?
http://www.narutocentral.com/index.php?page=member/news
Posted by SasukeNC on Monday, August 14, 2006 At 07:30 PM
I've heard that the fillers will officially end at episode 199. Then through 200-204 will be Kakashi Gaiden. That should be pretty cool. Then after that, the second part of Naruto will begin. That will start at episode 205. I hope you guys enjoy this news! I told you that the fillers were going to end soon!

Naruto Part 2 to begin Episode 200
http://www.narutofan.com/
Reported by: Tazmo on Monday, Aug. 14th, 2006 at 12:05PM
If we are to believe recent reports coming out today, the Naruto anime fillers will come to an end with Episode 199 of the Japanese Naruto anime series, and the much awaited Kakashi Gaiden will air starting on Episode 200 and go through to Episode 204, and Part 2 of the Naruto series that has been over a year in the making will air with Episode 205. The episode titles for the following are: Konoha's Yellow Flash Appears!, Kakashi Gaiden Starts!!!!!, Kakashi Break Down! The Sharingan Awakens, and finally End of Kakashi Gaiden! 205 Begins the Next Generation! - whether this is true or not we will have to wait and see, but it sure sounds convincing and Naruto fans around the world will rejoice! It should be noted that this is not 100% confirmed, and may or may not be correct. So, please don't get your hopes up until such time there is confirmation.
Intel 2.13 Ghz Core 2 Duo
MSI P35 Neo 3
2Gig Transcent DDR2 800
320gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Maxtor
512MB 8800GT XFX
Asus SATA DvDWriter
600w PSU
Coolermaster Cavalier
Dual Display 22\\\" & 17\\\"
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Given the title I'm posting the following here -

In continuation to what was said about Naruto in the other thread -

Ja, it's too dragged-out, repetitive and just plain annoying at times. Sure there's mostly a fight in every episode but that my friends is not necessarily a good thing. All Sakura does is think of Sasuke, all Sasuke does is talk big and all Naruto does is Kage Bunshin no Jitsu.

In 188 episodes you see him use his Rendan like 5 times or so. Everything is always Kage Bunshin no Jitsu.

When he fights a lot of guys = Kage Bunshin no Jitsu. When he fights only one guy = Kage Bunshin no Jitsu. When the first time fail what does he do? = Kage Bunshin no Jitsu. If that one also fails what does he do? = Kage Bunshin no Jitsu.

His Rendan is copied from Sasuke who in turn stole the technique from Lee and his Resengan is nowhere near perfect either.

Apart from that he is really an ugly little ****** also.

Sure the little guy inspiore people becuase of his strong will and scenes like that are usually very well done but even so they are always overshadowed by flashbacks.

IMO Sakura thus has the strongest will out of all Genin and now instead of building her character they have her training in solitude missing missions.

You oke's should not write Sakura off just yet. That epside where she tried to prevent Sasuke from leaving was well done for a reason.

I will not at all be surprised when she is the one to accomplish this task near the end of the show.

We'll see I guess.

And as I already mentioned I really hate action mixed with comedy. Except of course when it involves Lee being drunk... that parts are good.

Looking back on 188 episodes I will say most were ok up to episode 140 something. The fillers have nothing to do with the show at all and can be discarded in total.

You only see the Genin's sent on stupid missions in mixed teams. Nothing more.
daBoss

Post by daBoss »

yep i agree,i watched a few of the fillers,and its boring and nonsence,im busy collecting all of them cuz when the fillers is up to date with the orginal story will be great so say my buddies who is reading it,but i dont wanna watch one epi at a time,so as soon as the original story comes im starting with the fillers ;)
MSI P35 Neo 3
2Gig Transcent DDR2 800
320gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Maxtor
512MB 8800GT XFX
Asus SATA DvDWriter
600w PSU
Coolermaster Cavalier
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

You can get both my thumbs up on the "I Hate Fillers" notion...

I have even forgotten what the actual main storyline was all about, meaning I will probably have to go back and start from scratch...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
"Death By Naruto Fillers..."

As you mention Rayne, Bleach's fillers definitely has a purpose, or at least they gradually mix in with SS...
Where as Naruto fillers... Well let's not get into this cr*p...

Did DAE_JA_VOO invade the Naruto series??
Watch out for some modding happening soon... :)
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G
daBoss

Post by daBoss »

anyone watch the second movie?
and is there a third one?
MSI P35 Neo 3
2Gig Transcent DDR2 800
320gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Maxtor
512MB 8800GT XFX
Asus SATA DvDWriter
600w PSU
Coolermaster Cavalier
HuNtingGoof

Post by HuNtingGoof »

Hey OFC -- I mentioned that Bleach Filler did have a purpose AGES ago.. hmmpf :(
HuNtingGoof

Post by HuNtingGoof »

Oh -- daBoss -- thanx for the naruto info it's a great relief that they will eventually finish, although I might still go through the pain of watfching all the fllers.. :(
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

I would love for naruto to mature. (the series)
It should be a little bit more serious...er, kinda like Ghost in the Shell or NGE.

I'm not saying the directors should totally do away with the humor (I like it btw) but some added matuarity/seriousness/gritty (more than what is currently showing) will get a thumbs up from me.

Naruto and his gang is growing up. I think he's already 15 when I finished the manga. Why not the series? (Even a little bit more...)

Most young viewers don't even bother with the story. (I didn't when I was young) They more interested in action/humor.

Anyway, thats about it. Just my personal feeling.
I love naruto for what it is but while the overall story is OK in maturity/seriousness, eps can have a bit of a mature facelift that's not detrimantal to it's viewability.

*I wish Hinata can just come out of the woods and say she likes naruto... :-(
Naruto can handle it...Ero Sennin taught him well. hehehe...
Last edited by SoulBlade on 15 Aug 2006, 12:35, edited 1 time in total.
Core i5 3550 | 8GB RAM | 500W | Samsung T260 | GTX760 OC | 4.56TB HDD space
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

Rayne, if you going to diss Naruto, then please spell right. Its R-A-Z-E-N-G-A-N. He did not copy Sasuke's Chidori, he learned it from Erosenin. I prefer the Razengan to the Chidory anyway. Also, Naruto summons frogs.

I have seen till episode 160 or so, and agree about the fillers, except the part with the girl with grey eyes...forget her name.

Sakura Just anoys me. I suppose she is acomplishing something now with the whole healing thing, but she has to do a lot more before she gets my approval.

GW out.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

@GW Rayne did not say Naruto copied Sasuke's Chidori... He said he copied the martial arts combo that Sasuke copied from Lee...

As we could obviously notice since the Chidori is a 'unique' technique that Kakashi taught Sasuke, and the Razengan is a 'unique' tech that Eros taught Naruto...

Is the rumor that, when the fillers end, everyone will be all grown up, true?
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

Off-The-Chart wrote: Is the rumor that, when the fillers end, everyone will be all grown up, true?
In the manga, naruto and ero sannin go on some kind of training journey. It lasted 1-2 years. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)
I dunno if the eps will follow suit.
HuNtingGoof

Post by HuNtingGoof »

Off-The-Chart wrote:@GW Rayne did not say Naruto copied Sasuke's Chidori... He said he copied the martial arts combo that Sasuke copied from Lee...

As we could obviously notice since the Chidori is a 'unique' technique that Kakashi taught Sasuke, and the Razengan is a 'unique' tech that Eros taught Naruto...

Is the rumor that, when the fillers end, everyone will be all grown up, true?
Well.. I agree with you on the copy-cat-attack..
Chidori was taught to Sasuke because he is Lightning enchanted like Kakashi and if you read the Manga then you would know that Naruto is Wind enchanted.. ** Sorry just had to give that away **

I also hope that they are a bit more grown up and alot more mature and with way cooler techniques...
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

HuNtingGoof wrote: if you read the Manga then you would know that Naruto is Wind enchanted.. ** Sorry just had to give that away **
I never knew that. In the manga itself or with the supplementary pages that comes with it?
HuNtingGoof wrote:I also hope that they are a bit more grown up and alot more mature and with way cooler techniques...
My feelings exactly...
Hellfury

Post by Hellfury »

daBoss wrote:anyone watch the second movie?
and is there a third one?
I have seen both movies. The third movie has just come out
AMD FX 8120 @4.7Ghz |Antec Kuhler 920 |ASUS Sabertooth 990fx| 16Gb DDR3 1866 Vengeance|GTX 460 1gb |OCZ Vertex 3 60gb (OS) + HyperX 240Gb (Games)|2tb+320gb+250gb(x3)+160gb hdds| CM Silent Pro Gold 1000w| Aerocool Strike X ST| Dell 23" LED LCD |Windows 8 Pro x64
Hellfury

Post by Hellfury »

In the second season Naruto has a move called "Oodama Rasengan"
It's like 2 times the size of the regular Rasengan and it uses Kyuubi chakra
AMD FX 8120 @4.7Ghz |Antec Kuhler 920 |ASUS Sabertooth 990fx| 16Gb DDR3 1866 Vengeance|GTX 460 1gb |OCZ Vertex 3 60gb (OS) + HyperX 240Gb (Games)|2tb+320gb+250gb(x3)+160gb hdds| CM Silent Pro Gold 1000w| Aerocool Strike X ST| Dell 23" LED LCD |Windows 8 Pro x64
suki-gin

Post by suki-gin »

Hey, soulblade he goes with Jiraiya for 2 and a half years approximately
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Razengan, Rasengan, who cares? Let's not turn this in to the battle of the subbers.

Point is his very far away from mastering it. 188 episodes into the show and he can't even mold chakra in only one hand by himself yet.

And I didn't say he copied Razengan from Sasuke. I said he copied Rendan from him, which he did. Sasuke copied Lee when Lee tried to do a Secondary Lotus on him when they faught before the start of the Chuunin exam, applied it in his opening fight in same Chuunin exam and that is where Naruto saw it. When Naruto used the same technique there was even a flashback to Sasuke's earlier fight and all the other Genin watching realized same.

Chidori is also not unique to Sasuke or the Uchiha clan. It's Kakashi's unique finishing move. He said so himself when he fought Zabuza. Kakashi merely taught it to Sasuke just like Jiryai taught Razengan to Naruto.

And whilst were at it, let me add that at least Sasuke learned and apply his technique correct. Naruto does not.

Now, coming back to Sakura, I understand what you are saying. Really I do, felt the same earlier on myself.

Though her weak character changed a lot during the show, and not only now that she's apprentice to Tsunade.

Sakura is weak and she's afraid during battle but in that very same weakness lies her strength. She knows she's weak. She doesn't hide from this fact and when called for she puts her life on the line without a moments hesitation.

Sasuke will stop and think before acting and Naruto just rushes in **** things up more without thinking.

Who saved Naruto and Sasuke from certain death in the valley during the Chuunin exam? Sakura. Who saved Sasuke from certain death in his fight against Gaara? Sakura. Who saved Naruto and more so that ninja girl in Orochimaru's mansion? Sakura. What was Sasuke busy doing? Dying. What was Naruto busy doing? Dying.

Since the earlier parts of the show she has always surpassed both of them in training. She even climbed the tree using chakra with her very first try. It took Naruto and Sasuke a whole day and night to accomplish same.

That's why I'm saying don't discard Sakura just yet.

A person's strength is not solely measured by physical ability and power.

Have you seen Tenjho Tenge GreyWolf? In one scene Aya asked Maya what strength is and Maya did not answer. She learned that answer herself later.

I believe that same answer applies in Naruto.

When Sakura faught Ino we also learned she has 2 minds. This might turn out very interesting later. Every once so often we also saw Sakura and her inner Sakura as well. Do you guys think that was just to add comedy? If so, why has it in 188 episodes not been applied to any other character? I mean, this show sure as hell is repetitive.

In any case, at the end of the day, most earlier episodes I enjoyed. Enough to make me watch all of it for crying out loud.

Though we'll have to watch and see what happens in the coming season.

Let's just hope things get back on track soon.

Btw, how many episodes aires a week in Japan? I wan't to know how long a wait that is.

EDIT : I see you oke's are awake... Sorry, late reply.
Last edited by Rayne on 15 Aug 2006, 13:49, edited 1 time in total.
Hellfury

Post by Hellfury »

@Rayne. Chidori is much weaker than Rasengan. Rasengan is far stronger. The rasengan was the Fourth Hokage's prize jutsu.
suki-gin

Post by suki-gin »

Ok to RAYNE, sasuke can do chidori properly because he has sharingan. Naruto is totally different from sasuke, he doesn't have sharingan or thinks things through. Itachi said, "What makes Uchiha strong? Its the Sharingan..." If Uchiha never had sharingan, where would their strength be? so in essence, sasuke doesn't have true strength. He has HATE, kakashi told sasuke that HATE will get him nowhere. NARUTO is strong and works toward his goals and doesn't have his head up his bottom he helped his comrades when they needed him most(eps. 78-79 gaara)
Hellfury

Post by Hellfury »

At the Chunin exams it was NARUTO that saved Sakura and Sasuke. Sasuke even admits to that...
HuNtingGoof

Post by HuNtingGoof »

Rayne wrote: Chidori is also not unique to Sasuke or the Uchiha clan. It's Kakashi's unique finishing move. He said so himself when he fought Zabuza. Kakashi merely taught it to Sasuke just like Jiryai taught Razengan to Naruto.
Agreed with you on all accounts..
Have you read the manga btw..?

Just to add on to that Chidori is a manipulation/molding of chakra of a persons lightning enchantment/element (will edit later for the correct word) and that's y Kakashi taught Sasuke it..

Naruto on the other hand is sind enchantment and is only now learning how to manipulate his Chakra with that wind element..
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

@ HuNtingGoof : No I've not seen the manga. Don't really want to. No time.

@ Hellfury : I know Razengan is stroger than Chidori. Sasuke realized this when he saw the back of the water container on the hospital's rooftop where they were figting. When he saw the front impact after Kakashi broke-up their fight he smiled but when he jumped down and looked up and saw the back of it he was shocked.

And also, my described scene takes pace before the one you think of. I'm talking about the part where Sakura jumped in front of Gaara to stop him from killing Sasuke who couldn't even evade Gaara's attack himself and all Naruto did there was watch in awe. He did not summon the frog-boss yet.

@ suki-gin : I agree completely with you. I however, weren't arguing the opposite anywhere in my earlier post so please do not misinterpret me. I know where each draw their strength from. That said, lets not forget that Naruto is way ahead of everyone else when it comes to brute strength simply because he harnesses the power of the 9 Tailed Fox sealed within in. Who also, lets not forget, saved his life at least 3x times from what I can remember. Sakura's true power has not been revealed yet, if it ever will. And in exactly what fight did Sasuke rely on his Sharingan solely? Sorry to say this, but without the 9 Tailed Fox, Naruto aint much in battle. Yes he has a pure heart, but, he lacks talent.

One can also already see where the Naruto series is going.

A 3 man trio trained by a 3 man trio. Sakura / Tsunade, Sasuke / Orochimaro and Naruto / Jiryai.
HuNtingGoof

Post by HuNtingGoof »

U don't know what u missing out on den.. :(
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

Since Naruto is learning wind element and combining it with nature, imagine a Chidori like chakra from Naruto utilizing his 9 tails power but in the wind element. That could really be something. I wonder what Naruto's new power will be. If I have to guess, it will probably be a way to harness the power of the 9 tails while doing a rasengan type power or something
Hellfury

Post by Hellfury »

In the second series Naruto manages to go into the four-tailed Kyuubified form and he looses all sense of reason, like Sasuke and the Cursed Seal.