Original Anime Dvd List

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

The DVD sets will still be here a long time to come. As much as they might wan't to, they cannot afford to do away with it.

Their only pushing BlueRay because they have to downscale to DVD. Most channels are now broadcasting in HDTV, better quality than DVD, hence BlueRay's the easy choice. The only one actually.

I'm currently following 19 shows and only 5 of them (2 of that was Bleach and Naruto) are SD broadcasts.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

endev8003 & Rayne thanks for reassuring me. Damn you both seem to be pretty clued up about things.

Anyway I was just informed that my friend picked up our shipment at the post office so I should receive them in the next two hours. I promise to post pictures
Rules that an Evil Overlord must live by!

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
endev8003

Post by endev8003 »

endev8003 wrote:
Ahzure wrote:I hope the DVDs I ordered arrive soon.
I'm still waiting for the second Appleseed movie. :evil:
Ordered date is 9th April. Expected date is 30th April. 10-15 days my ***
Yay. I finally got my Appleseed dvd. About time. :D
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

endev8003 wrote:
endev8003 wrote:
Ahzure wrote:I hope the DVDs I ordered arrive soon.
I'm still waiting for the second Appleseed movie. :evil:
Ordered date is 9th April. Expected date is 30th April. 10-15 days my ***
Yay. I finally got my Appleseed dvd. About time. :D
That's good to hear.
I’ve only seen the trailer so far but it looks nice.
A friend received his Blue Ray version of Appleseed: Ex Machina last week, turns out it’s a multi regional title so it should work on his PS3

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

I’ve finally gotten my hands on my DVDs

Boxsets
1. DearS
2. Devil Lady
3. DNAngel
4. Fruits Basket
5. Gantz Season 1 Collection
6. Gantz Season 2 Collection
7. Ikki Tousen
8. Maze
9. Nadia: The Secret of the Blue Water 1 + series soundtrack 1 (my first OST)
10 Nadia: The Secret of the Blue Water 2 + Movie + series soundtrack 2
11. Now and Then Here and There
12. Sukisho!
13. The Twelve Kingdoms Premium Collection 1
14. The Twelve Kingdoms Premium Collection 2

Movies/Ova’s/ and Singles
1. Colorful
2. Dangaizer 1
3. Dangaizer 2
4. Dominion Tank Police
5. Fantastic Children Special Edition Vol 1 (includes series soundtrack
6. Fantastic Children Vol 2
7. Madonna
8. Maze
9. Very Private Lesson

Unfortunately a few items were damaged during transit, like the DearS , Fruits Basket and Nadia: The Secret of the Blue Water Box sets, just a tear here or there and a few disks were knocked loose, nothing serious though

endev8003

Post by endev8003 »

I can now add the Robotech boxsets as well. They arrived this afternoon. :D
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

Two years ago I saw the Robotech boxsets going for R899 a set; a few months ago the Robotech Protoculture Collection DVD MegaSet was released, containing all three Robotech series in a 21 disk set for about the same price. But hey that's ADV for you always coming up with cheaper alternative well after the fact you’ve spend you're money on their current product range

endev8003

Post by endev8003 »

I ordered the remastered boxsets on the take2 special. It was R235 for each boxset. The saving is about R200 per boxset, so I'm not complaining.

Doesn't look like it comes from ADV. Only says Manga on the covers.

Btw, does anybody know where I can get clear double DVD cases. The ones that have the flap on the inside. I don't know if the pc shops stock those kinds normally. Preferable in Pretoria or northern Joburg. Some of the cases was damages in transit and I want to replace them.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

Well Manga is a British distributor, I think they co-produced Ghost in the Shell.
I’ve never ordered anime from take2, items are either out of stock or it’s quite expensive

endev8003

Post by endev8003 »

I usually buy from the AWX shop. I only bought from take2 due to the special, or if I'm ordering some non-anime stuff as well. On the items that I checked (which wasn't alot), AWX was cheaper, but usually not enough to warrant two different orders from two different suppliers. The shipping prices would have made it more expensive.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

I think take2 charges you R29 for shipping but you must collect your item from the post office while AWX charges R50 for shipping but their courier service delivers the item/s to your door. The only problem I have with courier service was that they’ve never ask me for any proof of identification when they deliver my items.

endev8003

Post by endev8003 »

Take2 also delivers to the door. And they don't ask for identification either.
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

Well, since you live where your door is it would be rather silly to ask you to id yourself wouldn't it?
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
endev8003

Post by endev8003 »

Considering that once I wasn't home when they delivered and the gardener accepted the package, it is actually necessary to ask for id.
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

:lol: that's funny ... well courier policy is usually to deliver to the occupants of your home and not random people in your garden. Unless you have stealth ninja bandits secretly living in your house that is. Then identification is a must! 8O
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

D3PART3D wrote:Well, since you live where your door is it would be rather silly to ask you to id yourself wouldn't it?
True but you see the courier service that I’ve using for the last 18 months requires a copy your id before they hand over anything. I was under the impression that it was the standard practice.

larch

Post by larch »

So after almost a year of purchasing the single DVD’s for Eureka 7 (One of my favorite Anime shows of all time.) from AnimeWorx my collection is now finally complete

There is rumors flying around that the DVD cover art for the final DVD is hinting towards the upcoming movie that is being made of Eureka 7. True or not we ill just have to wait and see…

12 DVD’s for a total of 50 episodes and some bonus material on each disk not bad considering the price of R170 per disk.

And if you managed to get you hands on one or two of the special boxsets then you have a nice way of storing your collecting for safe keeping.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

So you’ve spend over R2000 on 1 series, I’m sorry but I think I lack the level dedication you’ve shown in collecting the series one disk at a time because I would’ve just waited for Bandai to release the Boxsets and hopefully pay a fraction for the entire series.

Ahzure

Re: Original Anime Dvd List

Post by Ahzure »

I was so looking forward to late 2008 releases, with Funamation re releasing the Geneon catalog there was just an abundance of anime to choose from. Unfortunately, the Rand has weakened quite significantly over the last two months . So where 8 weeks ago I could’ve bought 3 boxsets with a R1000, I can now just barely afford one. I love fansubs and usually replace all of them with their original counterparts but I don’t know how or when I’ll make my next purchase. Luckily, for me though I order I made a few months ago should arrive in the next couple of weeks (I choose the very cheapest but also the slowest method of shipping)

Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Importing is out of the question atm. Browsed Take2 just a while ago and no thank you, I'll wait, or go without it.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

Ahzure wrote:. Luckily, for me though the I order I made a few months ago should arrive in the next couple of weeks (I choose the very cheapest but also the slowest method of shipping)
My shipment arrived today

Air Vol 2 Plus Art Box
Aoi & Mutsuki A pair of queens!
Chobits Set 1 (containing Volumes 1 – 3)
Chobits Set 2 (containing Volumes 4 – 6 )
Fighting Spirit Complete Collection Volume 1 aka Hajime no Ippo
Ghost Talker’s Daydream
Green Green Vol 1
Kanon Vol 1
Kiddy Grade The Complete series (Viridian Collection)
Koi Kaze Vol 1
Koi Kaze Vol 2
Koi Kaze Vol 3
Mouse The Complete collection
One Piece season 1 Part 1
Petite Cossette
Prince of Tennis Box Set volume 2
Rahxephon Volume 1 – 7 plus Art Box
Rahxephon the Motion Picture (Limited edition)
Rumbling Hearts Box Set
Vandread Complete Box Set (Containing Vandread First Stage And Second Stage)

nuku_za

Post by nuku_za »

Where did you make your purchase from?
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

nuku_za wrote:Where did you make your purchase from?
http://www.rightstuf.com

Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Post by Siemens »

Studio Ghibli - Kiki's Delivery Service
- Laputa : Castle in the Sky
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Ahzure wrote:
Ahzure wrote:. Luckily, for me though the I order I made a few months ago should arrive in the next couple of weeks (I choose the very cheapest but also the slowest method of shipping)
My shipment arrived today

Air Vol 2 Plus Art Box
Aoi & Mutsuki A pair of queens!
Chobits Set 1 (containing Volumes 1 – 3)
Chobits Set 2 (containing Volumes 4 – 6 )
Fighting Spirit Complete Collection Volume 1 aka Hajime no Ippo
Ghost Talker’s Daydream
Green Green Vol 1
Kanon Vol 1
Kiddy Grade The Complete series (Viridian Collection)
Koi Kaze Vol 1
Koi Kaze Vol 2
Koi Kaze Vol 3
Mouse The Complete collection
One Piece season 1 Part 1
Petite Cossette
Prince of Tennis Box Set volume 2
Rahxephon Volume 1 – 7 plus Art Box
Rahxephon the Motion Picture (Limited edition)
Rumbling Hearts Box Set
Vandread Complete Box Set (Containing Vandread First Stage And Second Stage)
Holy moly, how much did it all come to? :shock:
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.